What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Johns

jimmyo

Juniors
He's not funny anymore. Just thought I'd get it out there. He was funny for a couple of years there, but now he's always trying too hard to be the clown, I guess the rest of the show dragged him down.

never really found him funny. i always thought ryan girdler should of been a regular over johns. atleast he was naturally funny johns tries too hard

God-King Dean

Immortal
The reason he's gotten 'out of hand' is cuz no one at Channel 9 has been pulled him in line. They've given him a free reign... because of this M Johns would think he's pretty f*cking funny if he doesn't hear otherwise.

The only thing left for Matt Johns to do now involves a leather jacket,water skis a ramp and a big fish.We can only hope this leads to a massive miscalculation.

gurl_child

Juniors
Its not fair to say that he's not funny anymore because he can be. He has alot more on his plate now then he did back a few years ago. As a fan I'm actually a little worried about him does he really try to hard?

Simo

First Grade
His problem is he is funny in small doses. Quality over quantity is needed. He is much like fatty but doesnt host as well in my opinion.

He dressses up in gstrings and girls clothes like the fat, he has very low brow(sp) humour like fat, and plays the clown like fat.

He should see the writing on the wall as the fatman lasted as a clown for a while but it eventually cost him his commentator spot and soon his footy show spot.

Talk with knowledge for most of the time and use humour in small doses M J. You are not that funny to try it constantly but were good when you used to visit the show.

t-ba

Post Whore
oneeyedeaglesman said:
The only thing left for Matt Johns to do now involves a leather jacket,water skis a ramp and a big fish.We can only hope this leads to a massive miscalculation.

Fonzie%20Jumps%20the%20Shark.jpg

axl rose

Bench
Simo said:
He should see the writing on the wall as the fatman lasted as a clown for a while but it eventually cost him his commentator spot and soon his footy show spot.

He was never that funny really. It was just his bad hosting that you had to laugh at.

At least next year he will have dry undies now that Timana Tahu has signed for yawnion. Sick of watching him cream his pants everytime Tahu has a decent game in League

roopy

Referee
The problem isn't with Johns or the other players on the footy show.
The problem is with the writers.
Those guys are pretty much making up their own stuff - and it is amatuer hour for year after year after year.
I actually watched a little bit of the AFL footy show last night and those guys have lines written by pros and themes and skits that are mostly reasonably professional.
The NRL version has nothing.
Johns is a natural talent, but he is working with nothing.

Mr Saab

Referee
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
At least next year he will have dry undies now that Timana Tahu has signed for yawnion. Sick of watching him cream his pants everytime Tahu has a decent game in League

Thank f**k the eels didnt make the GF.
Didnt want to listen to him and his sideline comments during the game saying how great Tahu is.

Godz Illa

Coach
Mr Saab said:
Thank f**k the eels didnt make the GF.
Didnt want to listen to him and his sideline comments during the game saying how great Tahu is.
There'll be no respite. He's still got Folau.

Stormboyz

Juniors
roopy said:
The problem isn't with Johns or the other players on the footy show.
The problem is with the writers.
Those guys are pretty much making up their own stuff - and it is amatuer hour for year after year after year.
I actually watched a little bit of the AFL footy show last night and those guys have lines written by pros and themes and skits that are mostly reasonably professional.
The NRL version has nothing.
Johns is a natural talent, but he is working with nothing.
It's funny how the grass is always greener.
I find the AFL footy show unwatchable nowadays (In fact have for a long time).
The NRL footy show has gotten away from what maed it good IMO. Keep it relatively simple for a simple audience. And by a simple audience I don't necessarily mean stupid (although it could be argued otherwise). By simple I mean that people on a Thursday just want some light hearted humour. It's gotten way too technical and too full of itself. Still, I'd rather be watching these guys than Sam Newman getting his pants pulled down by Shane Crawford every 2nd week.

t-ba

Post Whore
Stormboyz said:
It's funny how the grass is always greener.
I find the AFL footy show unwatchable nowadays (In fact have for a long time).
The NRL footy show has gotten away from what maed it good IMO. Keep it relatively simple for a simple audience. And by a simple audience I don't necessarily mean stupid (although it could be argued otherwise). By simple I mean that people on a Thursday just want some light hearted humour. It's gotten way too technical and too full of itself. Still, I'd rather be watching these guys than Sam Newman getting his pants pulled down by Shane Crawford every 2nd week.

Just get the f**k out of the closet already!

Latest posts