What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Keating

Why is Matt Keating still in our team? Are we going to wait 10 years like we did with Daniel Heckenberg then when he gets good , let him go?

Keating adds little to nothing to the team, Robson has better ball skills ,better tackler, more vision, better kicking game & is cheaper.

Are we just sticking with him out of the hope he will turn good or because we are known to hang onto over paid untalented juniors (cough Paulo, Hauraki, Oake) .

stuke

Bench
i doubt MK is breaking the bank, we have just started playing Robson at hooker and from other people on here who watch the other grades they seem to be of the opinion that Anthony Mitchell isn't ready yet - which DA seems to agree with as well. not everyone can be a super star, just ask Brian Waldron.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I would much rather have MK there in his current role as I think he offers more in attack and defence than the others.

as for Heckenberg, very strange comparason given his front rower who was here for a couple of years..

Ron Jeremy

Coach
i always thought that the reason NathaHollingsworth was sh*t was because he started going bald too early....it must have made him self conscious on the football field, and he struggled as a consequence.

stuke

Bench
i always thought that the reason NathaHollingsworth was sh*t was because he started going bald too early....it must have made him self conscious on the football field, and he struggled as a consequence.

:lol:
interesting theory. i'll add Andrew McFadden to your theory database.

natheel

Coach
i rekon he just gets on and does his job nothing spectacular just plugs along nicely. when both robbo and humble come off contract next year id say we will say goodbye to robbo and resign humble and have him coming off the bench as a nice foil for the halves and plug in at dummy half just like robbo does. both good defenders and hard workers MK will start

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Hollingsworth, Mead, Heckenberg - my mind is blown with all these blasts from the past.

Craig Stapleton is playing for the CRL Illawarra Rep Team at the moment, off the bench. Anyone remember the day he kicked Hoppa's ass all the way up the tunnel?

200_hopoatestapleton,1.jpg

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Aaron Raper was my favourite eels hooker

and as soon as he started balding he turned to sh*t too, stay away from players with a receading hair line at a young age - they always well most of the time turn out crap as they become self consicious in front of the cameras.

hindy111

Post Whore
Im not sure what matt offers either personaly...He is solid and makes a lot of tackles but coming off the bench im not sure he ignites the team at all...I dont mind him starting but from the bench i almost see it as a waste.Thou the fact smith and hindy can play 80 mins and horo and mateo dont need much rest i guess it is the only reason he stays on there

Hutchy86

Juniors
Aaron Raper was my favourite eels hooker
x 2.. although Brad Drew and Dennis Moran weren't far behind.
Just personally, I think MK had a pretty solid game on Monday night. He looks a bit sharper out of dummy half - I think he's more suited to the impact role.
Can see Humble taking that 14 jersey within the next season or 2 though

WA Eel

Juniors
I can't believe PJ Marsh has been forgotten already when people are thinking of the great / favourite hookers we've had in recent years.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Matt Keating's not a bad player, not as damaging as Kingston was last year at dummy half, but does make some pretty good tackles and runs on occassions.

What was wrong with Heckenberg anyway, I thought he was alright for the 2 years he was at Parra?

Latest posts