What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Prior (Spoiler)

How many weeks will Prior get?

• 5 weeks

Votes: 20 14.9%
  • 6 weeks

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • 7 weeks

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • 8 weeks

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • 9 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 10 weeks

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • 11 weeks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 12 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 12+ weeks

Votes: 19 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So he accidentally threw his leg out or was it an involuntary action. he made a conscious decision to kick, that kick hit a player in the head. case closed. The action was deliberate, impossible to argue anything but.

Dumb indeed.

Lol. Impossible for someone with an agenda perhaps.

Your original statement (and all others) imply that he deliberately kicked at a player's head. eg. he thought "Hey I'll kick wolfman in the head". Now you're trying to make a very simple minded connection between making a conscious decision to kick, and targetting a player's head.

Very dumb.

He made a conscious decision to kick at the ball.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So did Prior deliberately elbow JT in the head ?

Hard to tell. IMO it may have been he was bracing for an impact, and JT stepping and ducking caught him off balance so his elbow came up involuntarily.

But he also had it cocked and was looking at JT's head the whole time.

Blah Blah Blah he's been suspended time to move on yet no one mentions good old Gallen the grub knee's a player yet not much said.

No wonder I hate wanking Bronco's fans why whinge about something that has nothing to do with you and don't say its a Qld thing good old JT will play S.O.S so no need to keeping harping on about it.

The judiciary has been crap for years and it won't change so stop crying on about it whinging arseholes.

Bretto

Bench
Blah Blah Blah he's been suspended time to move on yet no one mentions good old Gallen the grub knee's a player yet not much said.

No wonder I hate wanking Bronco's fans why whinge about something that has nothing to do with you and don't say its a Qld thing good old JT will play S.O.S so no need to keeping harping on about it.

The judiciary has been crap for years and it won't change so stop crying on about it whinging arseholes.

Whinging arseholes. Righto. :lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
Ahhh, simpleton Bretto getting owned again..........

And it appears that David Williams is clever with his beard grooming to grow facial hair to spell out the word "STEEDEN". Is that the reason behind Cam Smith's grapple tackles -he thinks he's stealing the ball?

_Johnsy

Referee
A two way bet, no backbone Frank.

Bretto, then I take it JT's kick to wolf mans head was deliberate then.

Glad we cleared that up then.

firechild

First Grade
Lol. Impossible for someone with an agenda perhaps.

Your original statement (and all others) imply that he deliberately kicked at a player's head. eg. he thought "Hey I'll kick wolfman in the head". Now you're trying to make a very simple minded connection between making a conscious decision to kick, and targetting a player's head.

Very dumb.

He made a conscious decision to kick at the ball.

The thing is, this is similar (though far more dangerous) to Slater throwing his boots out to attempt to stop tries which we know is an illegal tactic. IIRC, talk about how dangerous this could be started in the early 90s when Matt Ridge kicked the ball cleanly out of the hands of a Broncos player diving over the tryline. There was no contact with the player but the league decided at the time it could potentially be dangerous. Rules were changed some time after that so that players are not allowed to attack the ball with their feet when it is in possession of another player.
Irrespective of that rule, like the shoulder charge, if it comes off not as intended and makes illegal contact, there should be a charge. IMO Thurston's 70 points or whatever it was, was not close to the right penalty for such an act.

_Johnsy

Referee
So was it a deliberate elbow on JT, simple yes or no answer.

Not that hard to answer Frank.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
IMO Thurston's 70 points or whatever it was, was not close to the right penalty for such an act.

I agree. In fact if you go back to the original thread after that particular game, you'll find that I posted something very similar to the above statement.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So was it a deliberate elbow on JT, simple yes or no answer.

Not that hard to answer Frank.

LOL. It's not a simple yes or no answer and you know that. Did Prior intend to elbow JT in the head? Only he will know.

It's pretty embarrassing for you that you need this pointed out.

_Johnsy

Referee
All I asked for was an opinion based on what you saw, a simple yes or no answer. Just keep dodging.

Last edited: