What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Prior (Spoiler)

How many weeks will Prior get?

• 5 weeks

Votes: 20 14.9%
  • 6 weeks

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • 7 weeks

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • 8 weeks

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • 9 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 10 weeks

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • 11 weeks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 12 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 12+ weeks

Votes: 19 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"Onus of proof" :lol::lol::lol:...what next, are you going to want my modus operandi with plausible deniabililty also?
Good to see you recognise big words. Although "onus" only has four letters... I'm guessing it grabbed your attention due to similarities with other words that interest you.

Seeing as it is clearly soooooo very important to you, here you go ya big girl.

Oh and you're full of utter, utter, utter shit.

:lol:

And here is your proof Queenslanders are completely void of humour.

It's quite clear (the "banjo twanging" is the giveaway) that he was being tongue in cheek.

If you can't see that, you're stupider than I first thought.

drake

First Grade
What part of that don't you get?

The part where we've checked the citizenship status of the Bulldogs crowd.

Or can you tell what an Aussie looks like by appearance.

My family has been here since 1796; I look south American.

Maybe Prior thought JT done gone look funny like them bulldogs fans

nqboy

First Grade
The part where we've checked the citizenship status of the Bulldogs crowd.

Or can you tell what an Aussie looks like by appearance.

My family has been here since 1796; I look south American.

Maybe Prior thought JT done gone look funny like them bulldogs fans
Oops, the Fun Police are here. Sorry Orificer.

drake

First Grade
Racism is fun? Gotta get me to Brownsville real soon.

Sorry, you can return to bleating about the unfairness of it all.

Guess it was a real kick in the head to JT.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Thurston left fuming

ANTONY STEWART | May 12th, 2012

A FRUSTRATED Johnathan Thurston is worried how badly someone has to get hurt before the NRL gets tough.
The Queensland and Australia halfback was left furious after St George Illawarra Dragon Matt Prior's seemingly lenient five-week suspension for a shocking elbow to the head that left Thurston unconscious. Cowboy Thurston said he held no ill-feeling towards Prior, adding he accepted his apology via phone on Monday.
But it did not alleviate Thurston's fear that the "light" suspension dished out by the NRL judiciary had set a poor precedent.
"He's led with the forearm and got me with his elbow," the 21-time Maroon and 22-time Test representative said.
"Fair enough he's got a clean record but I don't think five weeks justifies what he's done.
"It's like they've set a precedent now with it.
"If I had of broken my jaw, would he have got 10 weeks? If I had have broken my cheekbone and been out for six to eight weeks what would his penalty have been then? And that's what they seem to be basing the penalty on.
"That's pretty disappointing from the panel."
Further infuriating world-class five-eighth Thurston was, on the same night as Prior's suspension, seeing Cowboys teammate James Segeyaro fail in his bid to have a careless high tackle charge downgraded.
The in-form hooker, nicknamed "Chicko", will miss tonight's clash with the Knights in Newcastle.
"Can you tell me, with what Chicko did and what Matt Prior did, there's four weeks difference in the suspension," Thurston said. "With Chicko there's no swinging arm, nothing.
"(Prior) led with the elbow and there's just a four-week difference of suspensions. You would think leading with your elbow and knocking someone out, the difference would be a lot more."
And don't even get him started on how Cronulla and New South Wales Blues' inspiration Paul Gallen escaped punishment for kneeing South Sydney and Queensland back-rower Dave Taylor in the head. Initially slapped with a dangerous contact charge, Gallen was freed to play this weekend.
"He was never getting suspended," Thurston said with a laugh as he implied another Blues judiciary conspiracy.
But Thurston, who is constantly fighting a losing an on-field battle of being fair game for late tackles, said he would not let the incident stop him from playing his normal, match-winning game.
A game out from Origin, he said he would not wrap himself in cotton wool tonight.
"My main focus is doing what's best for the team and that's turning up on the night and doing my job," the 29-year-old said.
"I think if you go in with that softer mentality, that's when you do get injured."

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2012/05/12/329301_sport.html

Bretto

Bench
He's correct with everything he said. Punishment should not reflect injury, which it has here.

If JT gets a broken jaw, he's out for 6-8 weeks (SOO series gone) then what does Prior get then? 10 weeks? Or the same, 5? It's a terrible precedent.

_Johnsy

Referee
But he as the right to whinge about soft suspensions after he's deliberately kicked a player in the head and didn't sit out one week. FMD

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
But he as the right to whinge about soft suspensions after he's deliberately kicked a player in the head and didn't sit out one week. FMD

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

No he didn't. The further you push that ridiculous notion, the dumber you look.

_Johnsy

Referee
No he didn't. The further you push that ridiculous notion, the dumber you look.

So he accidentally threw his leg out or was it an involuntary action. he made a conscious decision to kick, that kick hit a player in the head. case closed. The action was deliberate, impossible to argue anything but.

Dumb indeed.