What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Rogers is a f**k

strong_latte

Juniors
I think it has to be said that alot of people here are forgetting that many great league players were brought over from union.... Even our great award the "Dally M" is named after the games biggest union to league convert! And lets not forget even more recent players like Ricky Stuart and others.

His dad should fire back at him

Tuquiri .. Good, but nowhere near as good as Roff or Rathbone.

Surely I disagree with you there
Tuqiri is the best thing going for the Wallabies
The Wallabies main problem at the moment is they rely far too much on Lote
If another player with the X factor (like Mat Rogers) was in the team, they wouldnt be needing Lote to make all the breaks etc.

iggy plop

First Grade
Dragon Fanatic said:
Larkham wouldn't kill it in league. He would get way too hammered.
But you blokes are very very one eyed but then again thats what being a supporter is all about.
Gituea would be good in league.

Well Gitueu was a league player first.

iggy plop

First Grade
Surely said:
What grade r u playing ..

To say union forwards lack the fitness of league forwards is absurd .. we could have this argument all day, but if you want to have a look at sailor .. do you think he has made the grade in union, I don't.

Rogers, he goes well ... when he is on the field

Tuquiri .. Good, but nowhere near as good as Roff or Rathbone.

McGoldrick ... a real success

Blacklock ... need i say more.

Thorn .. went ok, but if league forwards are so much better he should have been a superstar !

You are a complete f**kwit. All these players you are bagging have all played rep footy in Union which goes to show how shit your game is.

You bag Sailor and call him a failure yet he's played about 25 Tests for the Wannabies. Even McGoldrick and Blacklock played for NSW in union.

All these failures have played rep footy. :lol: :lol:

Shows you how crap yawnion is.

Anyone remember when Blacklock, the union failure, scored one of the best union trys seens in living memory for NSW against that South African S12 side?

About a week later he said he wanted to go back to League....thats when the failure talk started.

iggy plop

First Grade
nospam49 said:
Anyone remember when Blacklock, the union failure, scored one of the best union trys seens in living memory for NSW against that South African S12 side?

About a week later he said he wanted to go back to League....thats when the failure talk started.

Yep. Good call. That try was one the best of that season if I remember.

Scores the try of the year whilst representing the state and is deemed a failure. :lol:

Union types are so deluded.

This is from the SMH from the time Blacklock was "Failing":

"A long, miserable c--- of a year." This is what Nathan Blacklock alleges Waratahs coach Bob Dwyer told him he would have if he didn't tell the media that the story that he wanted to return to the Dragons was totally false. Regrettably, Dwyer is yet to publicly deny saying it.

The fact is Blacklock was starting to look VERY good in union but he wanted to come back to League. he made his thought public....when he would retract what he said they sent him to play club Rugby and started this failure talk.

bartman

Immortal
Surely said:
Ummm thats a pretty lame remark, are you saying Mortlock, Roff, Rathbone, Latham, Gregan etc ... wouldn't make an NRL team..
shiznit said:
as for backs that could play league.......
Rupeni Caucau
Carlos Spencer
Sam Tuitupou
Tana Umaga
Joe Rocokoco
Ma'a Nonu
Rico Gear
Matt Getau
Clyde Rathbone
Stirling Mortlock
Dewett Barry
i can go on for ages........
Who are all of these people? Only heard of three of them :? ;-)

Choppies

Coach
iggy plop said:
nospam49 said:

Yep. Good call. That try was one the best of that season if I remember.

Scores the try of the year whilst representing the state and is deemed a failure. :lol:

Union types are so deluded.

Chris Anderson made a good call about it as well
"here is Union harping on about what a great try that was etc, big fu**ing deal. we have trys like that every week in League"

Listen my Down Under Brethren, just think yourselves lucky you don't have to read Sean 'mirror cracker' Edwards harping on about how bloody marvellous his now beloved Wasps team is (soon forgot where he came from)!!!!!
This is soooo typical of the usual bull**** propaganda that the Rah Rahs trot out every time RL has a showpiece on the horizon.
They have attempted to portray their sport as requiring near 'mythical' and 'mysterious' skills that us 'oiks' in League can't appreciate or understand (the 'dark arts' of scrumming for example). Me? I'm a Yorkshireman, I say what I see. Union? An unattractive mess of players falling on top of each other, with a liberal smattering of stamping and raking your boots on people, ooohhh, how tough.
Picture that bloody try the Welsh scored (they show it all the time over here!!!). A string of forward passes in a length of the field move. Minus the forward passes, I see plays like that in NL2 over here.
Never forget where they come from, a morally bankrupt organisation that holds a unique position in world sport, the only one to try and destroy another (don't believe me, try the Vichy government and the theft of French RL grounds, try the 'kangaroo' courts of the early 20th century where Northern players were fitted up and banned, their crime? Being better than the faux-corinthian southerners, try banning RU players for life for playing in an RL charity match, the placing of money in boots at the same time as lambasting the 'professional' RL player, the banning until very recently of playing RL in the Armed Forces). Fact is, they're still at it, they just use more slick and sophisticated means.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
union fowards dont run they just flop that fat arses on top of one another.

rogers wants more league players cos yawnion cant produce their own. the aru should quickly buy as many wingers as possible......

what i find interesting is that sailor, rogers and tuquiri were always the publicity machines for yawnion, cos no one recognised their own players

p.s. mat rogers is a f**king hick so i dont care what he says

RICHO

Juniors
Mat Rogers is PAID to say that.

I'm sure if your employer threw some money at you, you'd be quite happy to make a few statements that are little more than opinions (at best).

Leagueguy

Juniors
Matt Rodgers is a grub. I didn't like him even when he played for qld and I'm a qlder . He needs to be steam cleaned. He always looks an absolute mess on tv so I'm glad union got him. He is the worst possible face for any sport.

Tighthead

rogers wants more league players cos yawnion cant produce their own. the aru should quickly buy as many wingers as possible......

I've never understood this reasoning. Australia won 2 world cups without any league converts, but as soon as we get a few in, we lost one.

ibeme

First Grade
League players write about league.

Union players write about league players.

Union writers so often refer to league when talking about union.

League writers talk about league.

Could it be envy?

shiznit

Coach
bartman said:
Surely said:
Ummm thats a pretty lame remark, are you saying Mortlock, Roff, Rathbone, Latham, Gregan etc ... wouldn't make an NRL team..
shiznit said:
as for backs that could play league.......
Rupeni Caucau
Carlos Spencer
Sam Tuitupou
Tana Umaga
Joe Rocokoco
Ma'a Nonu
Rico Gear
Matt Getau
Clyde Rathbone
Stirling Mortlock
Dewett Barry
i can go on for ages........
Who are all of these people? Only heard of three of them :? ;-)

yet they are bigger names around the world then andrew johns and darren lockyer.
the fact that you dont know who these people are means you shouldnt be commenting on rugby union because you dont know shit!!

its pretty good for you lot to be commenting on how much you dont run in union when you havent taken the time to play or even appriciate the sport.
i agree with what your saying about matt rogers and all the other big mouth ex league players.
but dont start opening your mouths unless you know what your talking about. :roll:

eastsrule

Bench
Another Union bashing thread. You lot are a bunch of morons.

First of all, something I found entertaining was someone referring to Mat (ONE T) Rogers as a "discrace". I took the liberty of researching what a "discrace" was. Unfortunately, my research came up with zero results.

People try extremely hard to compare the gameplay of each sport. The principles are practically the same, but everything else is totally different.

If we want to get into the discussion of Union forwards, I will add my own input, from a Flanker's point of view.

The primary role of a forward in Rugby is not to make meters in attack and in defence it is not to put on huge hits. In League the role of a forward is simple, run straight hit, hit hard.

To go into great detail, a Union forward requires a vaster array of skills and has to master more techniques than the League counterpart, regardless of what you idiots think.

The front row in Rugby's main role is to clean out and to make the set piece work for the team. There is a huge amount of dependance on these three players from the whole team. They run from ruck to ruck to maul and then to the lineout or scrum, to say they are totally unfit is stupid.

Combine this with the fact that a front row player cannot be interchanged 3 or 4 times in a match like in League.

The second row share a similar role to the front row.

WHich moves onto 6,7,8. The backrow do the most work out of any position in Rugby Union. Their role on the team is to be a terror for the opposition, getting to every ruck, slowing down the ball, stealing the ball, hitting the fly half late and basically putting pressure on the opposition in the hope that their game plan gets put into the trash. The likes of Phil Waugh and Richie McCaw would be much more fitter than someone like Jason Stevens, O'Meley, Price, Cayless, Webcke.

There is no doubt there are the odd super-fit League players such as Fitzgibbon and Hindmarsh, but they are few.

Dragon Fanatic is a prop in Rugby, and has too much League bias. As I watched him play in the season he lagged behind in some plays, so if League requires much more fitness, I would love to watch him play League.

To say no Union players would make it in the NRL is another stupid statement. Rupeni Caucaunibuca, Joe Rockokoco, Doug Howlett, Aaron Mauger, Carlos Spencer, Richie McCaw, Jerry Collins, Roger Randle, Mils Muliaina, Chris Latham, Ben Tune, Scott Staniforth, Nathan Grey, Morgan Turinui, Tim Clark, Jonny Wilkinson, Will Greenwood, Brian O'Driscoll and Tana Umaga are all players that would walk into NRL First Grade teams.

You will see an example of a Union forward making it in League once you see Tim McGann play for the Tigers next season.

I will make a bold prediction that a vast majority of people that enter this topic from now on, will not read this post fully, maybe its because some lack intelligence, but it is because a lot of people on this forum cannot come up with original ideas and cry whenever the smallest thing happens, this article was a mere publicity stunt, you have been fooled and taken seriously, I will finish with a line that I hope will piss off those I am talking about, "Go You Roosters".

Taiwan RL fan

Juniors
Mortlock?????

he is the most overrated player in RU. Would struggle to make an NRL team.
Rathbone would be fine.
Morley would finish Larkhams career in about 3 secs (with a fair tackle) if he unwisely chose to run the ball vs the roosters.

Forwards running??? Bill Young, Baxter, Giffen......????? Surely you jest.