What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Johns sex scandal in 2002

Meth

Staff member
Pretty tough on a bloke's confidence to get rejected by a woman like her in a setting like that

Canard

Immortal
Anyone else think the Tele was hoping that the other players were current stars or coaches or something, and have been massively disappointed when its come to light most of them aren't even in the NRL anymore or were not that big a names in the first place

sass

Juniors
Matthew Johns support group on Facebook has over 95000 members. Even Jaquelin Magnay has said in a audio link on smh website the the pendulum of support is swinging towards Matty. I'm surprised that Ch7 has actually put on the story regarding the latest claims about sex with union players earlier.

In the world we live in today, there is little difference between men and women with regards to empowerment. The fight has been ongoing over several decades now to empower women to make decisions and express their sexuality as they see fit without fear. And now we've finally arrived at that point, where women feel confident and empowered enough to make their own decision to engage in group sex, and suddenly the consensus from the moral crusaders is that women are incapable of making that decision. Apparently, the men should know better. In this day and age, we should each be responsible for our own decisions, regardless of whether you're male of female.

If a women engages in group sex to satisfy a fantasy, and enjoys it to the point that she's looking forward to the next time, is it still degrading to the woman? Or is it a sign that feminism has kicked a goal.

I think saying what you've just said disrespects EVERYONE involved in this story ... as well as everyone who's been involved in a similar situation.

I hope that you calling this kinda story empowerment is just you stirring. it's nothing to do with feminism. eveyone is different and consent - despite what we'd like to think - is not simple, especially when people are blind drunk.

if I want anyone to think anyone after seeing this story it's that maybe we all need to actually stop and think about sex - how to make sure everyone is actually into what you think they're into. especially when it's one person with six people they don't know.

as in why don't we forget who's to blame and actually make something positive come out of it? that's what the nrl are trying to do with playing by the rules after coffs harbour but it seems like league fans would rather pick a side and either hunt down the footy players (cause god knows they must all be deviants) or the 'groupies' (they're just in it for the fame!)

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think saying what you've just said disrespects EVERYONE involved in this story ... as well as everyone who's been involved in a similar situation.

I hope that you calling this kinda story empowerment is just you stirring. it's nothing to do with feminism. eveyone is different and consent - despite what we'd like to think - is not simple, especially when people are blind drunk.

if I want anyone to think anyone after seeing this story it's that maybe we all need to actually stop and think about sex - how to make sure everyone is actually into what you think they're into. especially when it's one person with six people they don't know.

as in why don't we forget who's to blame and actually make something positive come out of it? that's what the nrl are trying to do with playing by the rules after coffs harbour but it seems like league fans would rather pick a side and either hunt down the footy players (cause god knows they must all be deviants) or the 'groupies' (they're just in it for the fame!)

I disagree. This is just my opinion but I'm willing to guarentee if it wasn't for feminist, barely anyone would give a damn about this story. Not that they are getting directly involved, just the huge influence that have in society.

But this is a whole different thread lol.

Matty Johns was wrongfully take down from the Footy Show for nothing. This A)Happened 7 Years ago B)Involved a women who consented to whoring herself off to 3 or 4 Players C)Was checked out by the cops and they found no illegality in the act. D)That bitch is a s**t.

wittyfan

Referee
I would've said no to Luke as well!

20499209.jpg

Still it would have been a blow, Brett Firman was hardly the sexiest man in league.

Anyway, hopefully the papers will reveal the rest of the silhouettes by the end of next week.

My wife does not even follow league and has no interest in it but has now joined the
"save matthew johns" club on face book and is in total support of him..brilliant !!.

CJG 182

Juniors
I also disagree it has nothing to do with feminists.

Every morning show/talk show/news report has been filled with feminists, females in high positions eg the sex discrimination minister or whatever her title is, etc.

All calling for the same thing: To educate men to show more respect to women.

That call, is horsesh!t.

How about a call for a system to educate women to respect themselves? Not just give it away for free.

Where have these calls been?

I also disagree it has nothing to do with feminists.

Every morning show/talk show/news report has been filled with feminists, females in high positions eg the sex discrimination minister or whatever her title is, etc.

All calling for the same thing: To educate men to show more respect to women.

That call, is horsesh!t.

How about a call for a system to educate women to respect themselves? Not just give it away for free.

Where have these calls been?

Femmies will be loving this opportunity to stick the boot into the male population...it has nothing to do with them whatsoever...

Parra

Referee
I disagree. This is just my opinion but I'm willing to guarentee if it wasn't for feminist, barely anyone would give a damn about this story. Not that they are getting directly involved, just the huge influence that have in society.

But this is a whole different thread lol.

WTF? Feminism doesn't mean what you think it means.