What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Johns sex scandal in 2002

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"A naked young girl"?

She was a consenting, 19 year old YOUNG WOMAN.

This sensationalism by way of making her sound like a little girl is as disgusting as it is incorrect.

Scorpio30

Bench
Women target footballers, says Bronco wife Margaux Parker

MARGAUX Parker, wife of Brisbane Bronco Corey Parker, says she has no doubts that in some cases footballers are targeted by women looking for sex.
"I've seen women blatantly hit on my husband while I have been standing next to him," she said. "For some it is just a competition. It's bragging rights.

"As soon as a footballer walks into a room, the chest goes out, the skirt goes up."

The Parkers married in November last year.

She would never condone behaviour that saw a woman treated with disrespect, and said it was difficult to see her husband stereotyped because of the sex scandals plaguing rugby league.

She had never felt disrespect from any of the players, but some of the younger ones "were just being boys".

She said the Parkers rarely went out because of the potential for negative publicity: "We tend to limit our time in public because you can't predict what is going to happen. I've seen a girl walk up to one of the guys and say, 'I'm going home, are you coming with me?'.

There's no doubt in my mind that in some instances they (players) are targeted."

But despite the question mark over players' fidelity, she is 100 per cent confident her partner has never strayed.

"If he had, there is no way we would still be together," she said.

"I know that Corey respects me and I respect myself and we would never put ourselves in a position which jeopardises our relationship."

She said all men, not just players, needed to show respect for women, and if they didn't they should be held accountable.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25493234-421,00.html

Im not sure about that last line.

Evenflow

Bench
hahahahahaha okay so sassy and i are best friends and partners in our careers, and actually we literally think exactly the same about this....yet i'm the one who is the feminazi?? okay dickhead.

dean yes, sassy's post does deserve your praise. probably one of the only 3 good things you have ever said :D

I'm well aware that Sassy and yourself are friends and partners and i was when i praised her post. You may think exactly the same things but i've seen little to no evidence of it in your constant one sided ramblings against males.

Can you point out to me your posts where you've looked at both sides of the coin and commented on them fairly, objectively and without any bias towards women? Can you show me a post of yours that's anything like the post of Sassy's i praised? Given you've posted so many times in this thread and yourself and her think exactly the same then you'd think there'd be plenty of examples you could give me......

The difference between your posts and Sassy's is that she looked at the positives and negatives of both genders and the way they're seen by society, both in the good ways and the bad and realizes it's not only women that get unfairly labelled sometimes so i'll say it again and stand by it, it was an excellent post.

Your posts on the other hand come across as anything but fair and objective and the vast majority of them are derogatory about males and/or their behavior in some way shape or form while painting nothing but a rosey picture in regards to women.

If you think "exactly" like Sassy then how about you actually start looking at both sides a bit more fairly. Have you seen her copping the same crap in here as what you have? Of course not and if you were a bit more balanced in your views then maybe you wouldn't cop it so hard. You might not like it but it's no coincidence that feminism was brought up after your constant negative posts about men and their behaviour. If you don't like being referred to as a feminazi then stop coming across and acting like one. It's that simple.

See, calling me dickhead is much nicer than calling me spastic isn't it? At least you haven't offended anybody this time :)

Apey

Staff member
He's going to get slammed for saying what he said though.

Probably.

I have a sh*t memory but it implied he's being treated worse than someone who has committed murder and that it's been a trial by society.

she was bragging about the act and that she even had sex with two union players in a toilet previously.

I make no judgement on the truth or otherwise of this particular example, BUT do you always believe it when a guy brags about his sexual exploits? ;-)

Its possible she did it seeking approval for what had happened, its possible she was bullsh*tting. Its possible she was overcompensating to help herself cope with the negatives. Its possible she did it because she thought it was cool. Who really knows?

ramble_on

Juniors
I make no judgement on the truth or otherwise of this particular example, BUT do you always believe it when a guy brags about his sexual exploits? ;-)

Its possible she did it seeking approval for what had happened, its possible she was bullsh*tting. Its possible she was overcompensating to help herself cope with the negatives. Its possible she did it because she thought it was cool. Who really knows?

Do all these possibilities warrant the ending of a career?

NRL sex act forced victim to flee home
Updated: 07:29, Sunday May 17, 2009
It has been revealed the woman at the centre of the rugby league group sex scandal involving ex-Cronulla player Matthew Johns, had to leave New Zealand to escape the memories.
Her family says she sought a new beginning and is now married and living overseas.

Source: Sky News

sportive cupid

Referee
The fact that these is not enough evidence to proceed with a case in these circumstances often means that what took place was consentual.

A woman has every right to say no and resist, if something of this nature took place and sexual intercouse still took place you would be able to see physical bruising and being a hotel with rooms closeby obviously there would be witnesses hearing the woman screaming for help.

The fact that these elements which happen to be some of the most basic criteria for instances of rape are not present indicates more than likely nothing happened. The woman might not have liked what was going on and was entitled to speak up if that was the case but you cannot blame the players for not being mindreaders.[/quote]

You are right there.Every right to say no.Is it a "basic criteria"of sexual assault for the woman to have resisted?:sarcasm:Mmmmm...what is your background in this area?

True enough.But if you don't know how to recognise if a woman is enjoying herself except for a struggle then you have massive problems.

ramble_on

Juniors

Is that meant to engender pity? It's already been established that she regretted it, whether in the middle of it or 5 days later may be at issue for some, but regret is a part of life...... and until there is any evidence that she did not participate willingly in what happened that night it should not be an issue for public debate or condemnation of either side... If debate should be raging then take it up with current events such as soccer stars accused of having sex with 13 year old girls, women on the radio claiming to be forced into sex with 5 AFL players after agreeing to go off with 1 of them...... 7 years ago everyone involved was cleared of any criminal act... no matter how moralistically corrupt they may have been it does not justify the attack they are copping today......

sportive cupid

Referee
For those of you talking about "radical feminism" and feminismI would like to make a point.

Radical feminism is NOT the same as man-hating.Radical feminists believe that inequalities result from the patriarchal structures in society(these can be the politacl structure,the cinstruct of family or the legal systemetc).They tend to be sceptical of ideas which support changes within current structures and support the overthrowing of the structures themselves.

They seperate men from the structures that support the subordination of women.They do NOT hate the men but rather the structures(some women could be identified as supporting those structures,some men working to overthrow them)

So please, radical feminsits would not be attacking Matty Johns.They would be attacking the structures (eg legal system of identifying rape maybe ) or the prominance of the culture which says women want 10 men if they want 2.

ramble_on

Juniors
Interesting point of view in this article, and the feedback led to another interesting fact..... supported by this.... seems that there is an epidemic of claims of past rape in NZ since the introduction of a new legislation where compensation will be paid for suffers of past traumatic experience resulting in psychiatric disabilities.... and now 7 years down the track this woman want to destroy lives and shoot people.....

interesting... not saying it's the case in this instance but interesting....

God-King Dean

Immortal
For those of you talking about "radical feminism" and feminismI would like to make a point.

Radical feminism is NOT the same as man-hating.Radical feminists believe that inequalities result from the patriarchal structures in society(these can be the politacl structure,the cinstruct of family or the legal systemetc).They tend to be sceptical of ideas which support changes within current structures and support the overthrowing of the structures themselves.

They seperate men from the structures that support the subordination of women.They do NOT hate the men but rather the structures(some women could be identified as supporting those structures,some men working to overthrow them)

So please, radical feminsits would not be attacking Matty Johns.They would be attacking the structures (eg legal system of identifying rape maybe ) or the prominance of the culture which says women want 10 men if they want 2.

You forgot to mention 'ugly as all sh*t'.

Latest posts