What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Johns / the new ACA with Farrah

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thing is,. Johns said to him his team was soft once and it obviously didnt fire farrah up enough. So he dropped it a few times. I dont know just dont think it was neccesarry, Farrah knows they havent been going good. And your right tonight they werent that flash. I just dont like people sticking the boot in. Whats Farrah supposed to do ..You say he got defensive, Is he suppose to say yeah we are soft.That would be terrible leadership. Not a tiger supporter just didnt like the angle Johns took. Happy to be in the minority oh and Hiney...yeah Batman..and its HINDY mate learn to spell your heroes nickname.
Starting a thread about Farah and spelling his name wrong..... DERP!! Looks like it's back to the batcave for you :sarcasm:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns is about the only journo out there with enough balls to say it how it is, they are now 1 and 5 and supposed to be premiership favourites...

agreed.
i tipped em for the premiership this year, which was probably the first sign they were in for a bad year

but 1/5 for a team touted as favourites... they are in all sorts

typicalfan

Coach
Farah has every right to disagree and say that he thinks Johns is wrong but Farah went onto twitter afterwards complaining about being ambushed. Did Matty Johns go out in the media and complain about being ambushed on ACA all those years ago? He may have felt like he was but by going on social network like that is a sign of poor form. It is like when employees bad mouth their co workers and their job on social network.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Plus the whole thing is nothing more than a media beat up. I saw the interview and whilst there were a few tough questions. Farrah held his own.

Cant believe the storm in a tea cup that's followed. Get the f**k over it Farrah ya soft merkin
It only became a controversy after Robbie had a sook on twitter afterwards. I thought it was a great hard hitting non puff piece of an interview and Farah didn't come off badly at all, but then getting on the net and sooking made himself look bad and made the media blow up about it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm loath to call any NRL player soft and I don't think the tigers forward pack is. The tigers pack just don't look committed and play without fire and aggression. Murdoch-Masala and the number 10 (woods) looked alright tonight but the rest were just going through the motions.

Snappy

Coach
Yeh I agree.

Just got ambushed on NRL on Fox.

What a w@nker.

Then tonight he had the nerve to criticise the touchy for coming on to report a blatant late hit

JamesBrandy

Juniors
Farah is a massive sook. What was the deal with him tonight giving the touchie a hard time for coming onto the field when Wallace was taken late? 'He just wants to get his head on TV'

Grapple

Bench
Yeh I agree.

Just got ambushed on NRL on Fox.

What a w@nker.

Then tonight he had the nerve to criticise the touchy for coming on to report a blatant late hit

It was a great call from Robbie though. :lol:

Bruce Manifold

Juniors
I just read the whole story. Yeah the twitter thing was a bit silly. Still the only reason i knew about this was that farkin RABS mentioned it in the call tonight. Hell i think the media could do us all well to just stick to calling the game. BUT to reiterate..Johns saying your soft 3 times is a bit hard to take for any bloke.

Perth Red

Post Whore
at least it made for an interesting interview, better than the usual waffle about how well they've trained all week!

I didn;t think the questiosn were exactly hard hitting but the way Johns asked them was very weird, his body language was spoiling for a fight.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Robbie the Tigers are soft
Robbie the tigers are soft
Robbie the tigers are soft
Robbie your team is soft as Fuggen yoghurt.

Oh dear - 4 times, Robbie will put this on twitter now.

BranVan3000

Coach
So what? Players should only go on TV if they are getting their asses kissed? Good on Johns, he said it in the interview - he was just asking what every Tigers fan wanted to know

And they've lost two more since then

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i haven't seen it, but i've been told by more than a few people (who are still new to the whole football/media thing) that it was the best interview matt johns has done.

all i can say, based on what i've heard, is he should have gone to fox a lot sooner. he's no longer some dopey wank playing games, he's really having a go. i'm all for that.

gallagher

Juniors
Sad thing is,no player that is under the pump or is in a team under the pump will go on that show. This was a one off, Johns will be pulled into line.

eozsmiles

Bench
So what? Players should only go on TV if they are getting their asses kissed? Good on Johns, he said it in the interview - he was just asking what every Tigers fan wanted to know

And they've lost two more since then

What's the point in calling a player soft when you know it will just start a stink? I guess that was the point. Did he expect Farah to say "yeah, we're scared of the other teams because they are big and strong and we get paid heaps and don't want to get hurt. And player x is knocking off someones missus so that's a problem too. So I agree, you could say we're soft and we hate each other. Especially Adam Blair and Sheens, they're d!cks".
He could've asked why the forwards get beaten every week or why the backline plays like they have never met each other and backed it up with the stats on missed tackles etc. And he might've got some sensible and even honest answers.
Johns pretty much crossed the line from ex player to footy journo when he asked about the club bust up rumour he heard through his footy mates. That is straight from the Weidler school. Farah could've told some stories about Johns that he heard through footy circles. That would have been some good TV :lol:;-):lol:

Latest posts