What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor Appointed Full Time

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
we wont make the playoffs for another three years, will always be a dragons supporter but this BOYS CLUB thing is a killer, Illawarra have got there way, and im over it, the club is in a shambles and will take a clean out of the club to change it, from CEO to groundsman.

gonz

Juniors
Fact NZ !

Smart doust the grub announces it with the sharks drug dramas.
Similar to announcing chinless on Anzac Day

bottle

Coach
Can't see why we couldn't have waited till season's end at least.
Anyway, done now. Best of luck to him (and us).
Has my support until such time as it's proven unwarranted. I hope that means he has it for three years.
We need the stability at least. Go Saints!

Prometheus

Juniors
:D :D :D

If we had the same success rate in the first half of the year as we have had under Paul in the second half, we would be firmly entrenched in the eight right now.

AdamStoy

Juniors
If he's getting the coke and party hats out maybe he should be coaching the sharks! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

GT0007

Juniors
Has my support until such time as it's proven unwarranted. I hope that means he has it for three years.

I agree on all counts Bottle. It could've waited til seasons end at least. If we win 2/3 I'd be content with the appointment but if we have a disaster and lose 2/3 or 3/3 then the appointment is questionable. However next year is a new season & pre-season and I'll do what supporters should do and be optimistic until its proven otherwise. To answer your question ,yes it's a 3yr deal

:D :D :D

If we had the same success rate in the first half of the year as we have had under Paul in the second half, we would be firmly entrenched in the eight right now.

I have no doubt that is true but most likely if anyone coached us other than Price that would be the case. I'm impressed that Mary was able to turn it around almost immediately. Hopefully we can now focus discussions on recruitment and football as the coach issue dragged out way too long and was flogged to death

Last edited:

jenninga

First Grade
THing that pisses me off is how Doust thinks we are all idiots.
Bet the club leaked the Sheens interest and whoever else ,just like last seasons 'review' in the coaching situation,to lead us into believing there is a genuine process in appointing the coach.
Under Doust,Farrar,Brown,Bennett by fluke,Price and now golden boy.
Absolutely stinks,but no point in whinging through another offseason about the coach,lets see who he recruits and releases and move on.

gonz

Juniors
3 yrs? 1 would be enuff with an off-season........after that if fails see u later, lets see how he works with a job thats guaranteed now.

will he continue putting the onus on the players and not taking the pressure on himself?
dollars saved for dousty AGAIN !!!!

Cagey Mac

Bench

Could not have said it better myself! :D

The Nick

Bench
Great news, I think he's earned his contract. He's brought some passion back to the Red V that was seriously lacking under Price's tenure and we started looking more competitive as soon as he took over the reigns. He's an alpha male that commands respect, he knows his footy and he knows and loves this club!

I look forward to seeing how we go in 2015 under a full MacGregor pre-season.

If we're successful, I also look forward to the same people who are whinging about his appointment, then going on to whinge that Doust should have signed him for 5 years!

God bless this forum with all it's trolls and whingers, and GOD BLESS THE MIGHTY RED V!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonz

Juniors
Great news, I think he's earned his contract. He's brought some passion back to the Red V that was seriously lacking under Price's tenure and we started looking more competitive as soon as he took over the reigns. He's an alpha male that commands respect, he knows his footy and he knows and loves this club!

I look forward to seeing how we go in 2015 under a full MacGregor pre-season.

If we're successful, I also look forward to the same people who are whinging about his appointment, then going on to whinge that Doust should have signed him for 5 years!

God bless this forum with all it's trolls and whingers, and GOD BLESS THE MIGHTY RED V!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good on you for not whinging Nick, bet youve never whinged in ya life....:clap: