What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor Appointed Full Time

GT0007

Juniors
Get off his back everyone, we should all be 100% behind the coach and players! to many f#### wits here putting Mary down, for god's sake give him a chance and don't judge him on the next three games

It was to be expected there would be an initial reaction and if Mary wins games I'm sure most of the knockers will fade

Dakink

Bench
Ill go against the grain and say im happy for Mary to be given a chance. I can see the team coming together and with the right recruits challenging well again.

ggould

Juniors
Before everybody jumps off the gap take a breath!!! It could be much worse i mean they could have signed ricky stuart or matthew elliott or tim sheens look at how tigers were going before he left!!! Neil henry not sure he was the answer either!! Not really much around right now!!! The one thing i have noticed is that we have won more games than we have lost since mary took over he is not afraid to change things up a little when needed and at least when they do lose games they are competing not playing soft like when price had them!!!! Anybody noticed the improvement from players like joel thompson and peter mataut' tia????? I think he'll go okay

FlameThrower

Bench
It's done, it's dusted, let's move on, jez some ppl here take things to the extreme. As a bonus we can all switch off Foxtel in 4 weeks!
Go the Dragons, no matter what!

BennyV

Referee
Now it will all depend on who he surrounds himseld with, god I hope the words 'Craig Young' don't come out when he picks his assistans (umless they are followed by 'can f**k off')...

Needs a good defensive coach and a decent tactical minded coach.

DUB888

Juniors
Before everybody jumps off the gap take a breath!!! It could be much worse i mean they could have signed ricky stuart or matthew elliott or tim sheens look at how tigers were going before he left!!! Neil henry not sure he was the answer either!! Not really much around right now!!! The one thing i have noticed is that we have won more games than we have lost since mary took over he is not afraid to change things up a little when needed and at least when they do lose games they are competing not playing soft like when price had them!!!! Anybody noticed the improvement from players like joel thompson and peter mataut' tia????? I think he'll go okay

Dan Hunt and Kyle Stanley?

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Good point about hunt,stanley.
He needs to clean out the dead wood and get some new fwds into this team or it will show he is just another doust puppet like price was.
Making some of those tough decisions are what good coaches are built on,prime eg brad arthur with fui fui recently.
If not,we will be the same average side who cant beat the top sides for a while yet.

ggould

Juniors
Yeah Dan Hunt & Kyle Stanley so what?? Lets see what he does next season no point worrying about that now our season was shot after round 10!! All Im asking are we a better side now than we were back then???? And IMO we are by a long way!!!

Rob Dragon

Juniors
I am happy for McGregor to be appointed. He was an international, has been around the coaching world for a few years and he is no nonsense. It is clear the players have responded to him.

We need to accept that we are rebuilding. Is he the man for that job? Time will tell.

I think the real issue is that the CEO looks like he has run his race. I would like to see a corporate heavy hitter take that role and really build the brand.

The person who I have the least confidence in is Peter Doust. Followed by Craig Young.

ebbedfred

Bench
Hi all, told you it was FACT

You sure did.....

But you also told us it was Henry, you also promised in was Sheens, you told us it was Bennett. But my favourite when you told us to rest easy because it would NOT be Mary.

They were all FACTS.

Keep swinging and you'll eventually make contact. Then you post in every thread you can find how you told us so.:roll:

TonyT6

First Grade
I am happy for McGregor to be appointed. He was an international, has been around the coaching world for a few years and he is no nonsense. It is clear the players have responded to him.

We need to accept that we are rebuilding. Is he the man for that job? Time will tell.

I think the real issue is that the CEO looks like he has run his race. I would like to see a corporate heavy hitter take that role and really build the brand.

The person who I have the least confidence in is Peter Doust. Followed by Craig Young.

Were is it clear the players have responded to him? They aren't playing any better against the better teams?

twinkletoes

Juniors
Good point about hunt,stanley.
He needs to clean out the dead wood and get some new fwds into this team or it will show he is just another doust puppet like price was.
Making some of those tough decisions are what good coaches are built on,prime eg brad arthur with fui fui recently.
If not,we will be the same average side who cant beat the top sides for a while yet.

Unfortunately while we having been stuffing around selecting a coach any decent forwards have been signed up by others...there isn't much on offer for next season...thats part of the clubs problems...no strategic forward planning. I note Mary is now saying he will have a look at what needs to be done for the future....that should have been an ongoing process by those running the club to identify weaknesses and take action. I suspect we are a little too late for next season..

j0nesy

Bench
For those that don't think it was right to appoint Mary - what would it take to change your mind? The easy answer is a premiership, but how long is a reasonable time to wait given the current squad, board and "playing structure"?

DUB888

Juniors
Yeah Dan Hunt & Kyle Stanley so what?? Lets see what he does next season no point worrying about that now our season was shot after round 10!! All Im asking are we a better side now than we were back then???? And IMO we are by a long way!!!

Yes we are playing better but the selection of Hunt , Stanley over the last couple of weeks in a side that is playing better smacks of the old boy / favourite sons crap we are becoming famous for. If Macgregor is the coach the players want then tomorrows game being at home , Titans struggling and us keeping our top 8 hopes alive should see us with a big win..........

ebbedfred

Bench
For those that don't think it was right to appoint Mary - what would it take to change your mind? The easy answer is a premiership, but how long is a reasonable time to wait given the current squad, board and "playing structure"?

If Mary can make us top 8 next year, and not just lucky to scrape in but have us as a solid top 8 side next year, and top 4 within the 3 years I'd consider that a decent result.

Winning a premiership should be the goal every year, but even if you are a good team, you still need a little luck with injuries, ref decisions etc.

twinkletoes

Juniors
If Mary can make us top 8 next year, and not just lucky to scrape in but have us as a solid top 8 side next year, and top 4 within the 3 years I'd consider that a decent result.

Winning a premiership should be the goal every year, but even if you are a good team, you still need a little luck with injuries, ref decisions etc.

We should be looking at the Penrith model...a strategic 5 year building plan with realistic expectations over that time. They didn't expect to win a premiership in the first year of rebuilding but have a programme with milestone achievements over that 5 year period. Thats how it should be done...Penrith are now reaping the rewards

jenninga

First Grade

Give me one reason why Mary deserves this appointment.And don't tell me the players like him or they have done well since he took over because trhe Players liked Price and we haven't beaten any of the top6 sides ,where the Tigers and Parra have.
Don't patronise supporters with a different view.
3 f*#king sh*t years is too many and yes the premiership is the benchmark,Half our team are Origin and Internationals so you'd expect improvement.

Latest posts