What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McLinden

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Legend said:
It looks to be gaining momentum and if we get Fielden, then our prospects for 2005 look stronger than 2003. Picture this side:

Schif
Graham
Mogg
Frawley
Chalk
Smith
Carney
Croker
Hindmarsh
Hodgson
O'Hara
Woolford
Fielden

Withers
Thompson
Miller
Adamson

Put Weyman in and it's even better :D

Kris_man

Bench
Robbie D, your credibility has shot up to the sky after the McLinden signing, esp. seeing as though it was at 4pm when you said. good work :clap: i sure as shit hope you're right about Fielden [-o<

Kris_man

Bench
yeah, Thommo in the team DEFINITELY does not make me smile. let's release the neville, now!

azza

Juniors
Ok Robbie, I sure hope your source is credible, I won't be getting my hopes up but I certainly wouldn't think our club would be dumb enough to let go McLinded (touch wood) unless they were freeing up salary cap space for another signing.

But what possible swap could be taking place? Fielden plays for Bradford I believe, and McLinden is heading to London. Go figure

Robbie_D

Juniors
azza said:
Ok Robbie, I sure hope your source is credible, I won't be getting my hopes up but I certainly wouldn't think our club would be dumb enough to let go McLinded (touch wood) unless they were freeing up salary cap space for another signing.

But what possible swap could be taking place? Fielden plays for Bradford I believe, and McLinden is heading to London. Go figure

Fielden has in his contract that he can play NRL as long as he comes back to fulfil his contract with the Bulls at some stage.

Raider_69

Post Whore
dosnt make alot of sence atm
the macca side i believe easily, he always wanted to travel but what would bradford gain from releasing Feilden?

legend

Coach
Man, I forgot about Weyman. Thommo is gone and Weyman in and then we are looking very hot.

raiders_boy

Juniors
I'm so upset. I love Macca, and i think we will miss him dearly, off the field as well. he was a top bloke.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just hope something comes of this. R_69, ur tight... at the moment, this does not make sense at all... Surely we will gain from this

Kris_man

Bench
Robbie D said:
Fielden has in his contract that he can play NRL as long as he comes back to fulfil his contract with the Bulls at some stage.
interesting...

i am with azza, though. i'm not gonna get any hopes up until i hear it from Raiders or Fielden themselves. often, though, when a signing is rumoured, my heart says "we'll get him" but my head says "no chance". this is one of those rare times when my head says "we good a damn good chance". if Fielden signs = stroke of genius. if he doesn't = f**king stupid. there's no grey about it, it's all black and white from here on...

Raider Azz

Bench
I am feeling mixed emotions right now.

Macca will be sorely missed as he was a true clubman and a great bloke and player.

But I can't also but help to look at the positive side of this.
1. Carney now will have a better chance of getting a good crack at first grade.
2. It frees up some money for the club to get cracking on re-signing Choc, Germ and Rhino.

And if this rumor of us signing Fielden is true, than it makes it all the more better.

Edwahu

Bench
What did Steve Mascord say exactly. Did he mention Fielden or just the Macca stuff?