What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne bound for one of our juniors

Bay56

First Grade
Yes it is "easy to carry on from the sidelines" as you put it.

It's even easier to sit back and say nothing whilst this club runs itself into the ground with inept management .... saves being referred to as a whinger.

The cold hard facts in this case are that a very talented junior has been snapped from underneath our noses due to reports that, although he wanted to remain here, we took things for granted, showed little interest, complacent, etc and lost a vert talented youngster in the process.

Now you may wish to sit back and not criciticse .... and the next time it happens you may also do same and same and same and same and same.

I'll take the "easy option" and make a comment of dissatisfaction.

Good on Germ jr , why wouldnt you go , top dollar for his rank and gets taught by the QLD and Aussie hooker, But what I dont understand , how can we be struggling under the cap with our current players and not be able to compete with the Storms offer, yet the storm have numerous SOO and Test players in their team and can then offer our Jr too good of money to refuse. something is out of balance in the world of league and it stinks.

Bay56

First Grade
Separate salary cap for the U20's Raidersawesome ...

The Storm's talent scout has obviously targetted James Woolford .... I dont think you need to be a very talented talent scout to realise the boy has a future.

What is also disturbing about his departure is that one more famous Raiders name will be playing or coaching at another club.

Whilst watching Woolford play another that stuck out was a young Jarrod Croker ... nephew of Toots.

Not sure how he's gone since but I'm sure if the Storm pick him up I'll get that question from T_R ... "Who Bay, Who, huh huh, Who ??"

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
what evidence do you have to substantiate that R69 ... your butcher maybe ??

Canberra general manager Don Furner said while the Raiders were interested in keeping Woolford the Storm offer was simply too lucrative.

He's a good kid but we just can't go paying that sort of money,'' Furner said.
Id say that quote above covers it.

as for your evidence :lol:
Where in the f**k does it state we showed little interest? All it says is we didnt show as much as Melbourne and the Dragons, thats the way footy goes, they wanted him bad, they were willing to pay much more then us

The facts are, you dont know you're arse from you're head with regards to this situation, you dont know his asking price, you dont know the offer from melbourne, you dont know what Simon was in his ear about, put bluntly, you dont know 2/5ths of f**k all about the situation, other than we've lost a talented player who may or MAY NOT go on to have a good NRL career.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Bay56 said:
The cold hard facts in this case are that a very talented junior has been snapped from underneath our noses due to reports that, although he wanted to remain here, we took things for granted, showed little interest, complacent, etc and lost a vert talented youngster in the process.

What the hell is this? That is complete and utter bullsh*t.

Where is it written that we took things for granted, showed little interest etc? You say that this has been reported. Where has it been reported? Put up or shut up. Carry on like a complete tosser if need be, but don't go round making things up.

Furner has come out and said that Melbourne were simply willing to pay more than we were. End of story. It happens.

Just out of interest, what exactly does you keyboard warrior activism achieve? You seem to be portraying yourself as some heroic figure of change. Have you actually changed anything by your online rants?

You are just hot air, Bay.

Bay56

First Grade
Yes Furner did say that didnt he ... and Woolford senior indicated James was disappointed in the level of interest from the club.

The fact is R69 you know 2/5th's of f**k all about the situation as well but you are more than willing to take management's explanatation ... any reason for your sudden change in attitude towards Donny and co??

You are correct in stating that he may not go on to have a good NRL career ... but if he does you'll not only know your head from your arse you'll also be kissing the proverbial ... the fact is he is a very talented junior and as with any player, you can only extrapolate from that point.

This club has a habit in recent times of letting the good ones go and then using the city of Canberra as an excuse for not attracting talented players ... my suggestion is that they have struck again.

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
What the hell is this? That is complete and utter bullsh*t.

Where is it written that we took things for granted, showed little interest etc? You say that this has been reported. Where has it been reported? Put up or shut up. Carry on like a complete tosser if need be, but don't go round making things up.

Furner has come out and said that Melbourne were simply willing to pay more than we were. End of story. It happens.

Just out of interest, what exactly does you keyboard warrior activism achieve? You seem to be portraying yourself as some heroic figure of change. Have you actually changed anything by your online rants?

You are just hot air, Bay.

Thanks for the compliment T-R ...

btw have you changed anything by sitting idle while the club has achieved next to nothing in the past decade.

Or are you satisfied with the lack of sucess this club has experienced in recent times ... are you sarisifed with inept management of the club ... maybe you are used to that in your "real" life ... I'm not ... I think we can do better ... I think we can do a lot better with people leading this club that have the professionalism similar to the Storm.

And although you would like this forum to be used for nothing other than praise of those people that run the club, I'm one of the opinion that forums such as this should always be used to express opinions be they complimentary or not.

And for the record I wont be changing my ways just to suit the likes of idles such as yourself.

Happy New year dude.

Realistically the bloke is probably 3 or 4 years away from first Grade, you can't keep everyone... Storm offered a bucket of cash and add to that the chance to play with the best team in the comp is hard to pass up.

And yes Bay, I too am taking managements explenation. I don't buy the story they are under cover moles trying to bring the club down from the inside.

Have a great new year.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
All I'm looking for is a little balance, Bay.

Yes, I don't change anything. But I don't seek to.

I ask again - what has all your years of keyboard activitism actually achieved? All of your gallant chin-into-the-gale 'dissatsifaction'....what have you actually changed?

Nothing. It's all hot air. You're a whinger, Bay, and that is all. A man with all the questions and none of the answers.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
Yes Furner did say that didnt he ... and Woolford senior indicated James was disappointed in the level of interest from the club.

And a former player out to get the best $$ for his nephew is a much more credible source then Furner... :roll:

Bay56 said:
The fact is R69 you know 2/5th's of f**k all about the situation as well but you are more than willing to take management's explanatation ... any reason for your sudden change in attitude towards Donny and co??
Correct, i dont know any more then you, but ill tell you one bloke who knows more then both of us... Don Furner, so yea, im going to take his word, over yours, im sure ill be forgiven for this injustice :lol:
As for a change of attitude, its about credit where its due, since the appointment of Neil Henry, i think the management have done a f**king good job, they've cut alot of deadwood, they've signed some good talent, unearthed some good talent, and off field, besides some minor indiscretions, they've been good.

Bay56 said:
You are correct in stating that he may not go on to have a good NRL career ... but if he does you'll not only know your head from your arse you'll also be kissing the proverbial ... the fact is he is a very talented junior and as with any player, you can only extrapolate from that point.

And if he doesnt you're gonna look like an even bigger arse then you already do, juniors are a gamble, we all know that, we've lost Woolford jr... who gives a sh*t? We've signed Joel Thompson, Matt Smith, Zac Russ, Travis Waddell... all who are widely regarded as very talented and all who who achieved just as much and more as Woolford Jr... but you wouldnt dare go into that would you bay, that'd mean admitting the boys in the head office have done some good. TR is right, you're all hot air, you've achieve absolutely nothing with you're short sighted and biased rants, you like to portray yourself as some sort of visionary, the saviour of this club, the truth is we dont need saving, we need patience. Something you lack in an abundance.

BTW Travis Waddell is the current u/19's QLD hooker.

Bay56 said:
This club has a habit in recent times of letting the good ones go and then using the city of Canberra as an excuse for not attracting talented players ... my suggestion is that they have struck again.

The canberra excuse went out the door with M.Elliott, Neil Henry has been quite vocal in promoting the city and not using it as an excuse not to sign and attract talent and Donny has followed suite, you're arguement is outdated by 12 months.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Is it any wonder you're membership come to you in the manner it did, the blokes have probably had a gutful of you're whinging, all you do is sit behind your computer and critise, never once offering up a solution yourself, just bitch, bitch, bitch

its a wonder the club hasnt told you to jam it up your arse, its a credit to them and every professional sports club that they have the patience and tollerence to put up with fans like you.

Put up a solution to these so called problems, or just shut the f**k up... if you're not part of the solution bay, you're part of the problem

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
All I'm looking for is a little balance, Bay.

Yes, I don't change anything. But I don't seek to.

I ask again - what has all your years of keyboard activitism actually achieved? All of your gallant chin-into-the-gale 'dissatsifaction'....what have you actually changed?

Nothing. It's all hot air. You're a whinger, Bay, and that is all. A man with all the questions and none of the answers.

Bingo !!! ... now I understand why comments made that criticise Raiders management for underperforming is considered by you to be whinging.

"a little balance" ... yes that is exactly what I require of management .... unfortunately we seem to be balancing one side of the see-saw far too often.

As I said T_R for the 100th time ... this is a public forum where one can express their views on matters that quite frankly one has little chance of changing ... have you ever discussed politics T_R, you know, how bad the country is being run, how you could do a better job ... the fact is you've got very little chance of being voted into a position of making those decisions ... your vote is counted at the polls.

If enough of you soft c**ks stop slapping each other of the back and talking about what position we will finish on the table on 2008 and discuss the real issues you could as a group place a bit more pressure on Raiders management that might result in a change in our fortunes ... atm it is a boys club running the club with no real pressure to perform.

And this decision to let a very talented youngster leave the club is just one more example.

this is a public forum where one can express their views on matters that quite frankly one has little chance of changing

So if we won the Premiership you would be criticising the club for having a petrol stop at Pheasants Nest instead of Marulan?

After all, that could be considered as poor fuel management :oops:

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Is it any wonder you're membership come to you in the manner it did, the blokes have probably had a gutful of you're whinging, all you do is sit behind your computer and critise, never once offering up a solution yourself, just bitch, bitch, bitch

its a wonder the club hasnt told you to jam it up your arse, its a credit to them and every professional sports club that they have the patience and tollerence to put up with fans like you.

Put up a solution to these so called problems, or just shut the f**k up... if you're not part of the solution bay, you're part of the problem

dude I suggest in future you dont read any of my posts .... you can place me on your ignore list ... that will solve the problem ...

in the meantime I suggest you predict where we will finish in 2008 and then make some comment on how we can improve our lot if we dont return the results you expect

in the meantime I'll follow and comment on my football club as I wish ... not as you wish and certainly not as an underpreforming management wish.

Have a Happy New Year.

And this decision to let a very talented youngster leave the club is just one more example.

Agreed,

Don should have kidnapped young James, tie him up + Gag him. Then not let him go until he signs a contract that is not as big as the one the storm offered..

How dare we let him have a mind of his own and make decisions.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
dude I suggest in future you dont read any of my posts .... you can place me on your ignore list ... that will solve the problem ...

in the meantime I suggest you predict where we will finish in 2008 and then make some comment on how we can improve our lot if we dont return the results you expect

in the meantime I'll follow and comment on my football club as I wish ... not as you wish and certainly not as an underpreforming management wish.

Have a Happy New Year.

whats the matter, dont want to respond to my first post? Too logical for you is it?

Why would i ignore you, im by no means a smart man, but when argueing with you, i come off looking like Sigmund f**king Freud. It's great fun :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
Stelios Giannakopoulos said:
So if we won the Premiership you would be criticising the club for having a petrol stop at Pheasants Nest instead of Marulan?

After all, that could be considered as poor fuel management :oops:

No Schifty ... if we won the premiership I'll be one of the first to stand in line and congratulate management on a job well done .... unfortunately the last ten years have not afforded me the opportunity to even consider that action.

Every football follower should expect of the people that run the club to run it well ... and if they dont their jobs should be up for grabs .... our club would be one of the few sporting organisations where that is not the case ... the people who run this club will remain there come rain, hail or shine.

SOme of you people are willing to accept that .... I have a work ethic that does not ... and I am well compensated for the trouble I take to make sure we are a profitable company.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Actually Bay, when I was unhappy with the direction of politics, I joined a political party and did what I could to influence change at a local level. I like to think I have made a small difference.

But that's the difference, Bay. You carry on like an impotent goose ('soft c**k' indeed...problems at home, Bay?). Where I can, I try to make what difference I can. Where I can't, I don't waste my time bleating and carrying on.

Are you seriously asking other people to place 'pressure' on the club? What have YOU done, Bay? Ranted on a few websites about how much better a job you would do?

Let's test it, then. How much would you have paid for Woolford? Who would you have cut instead?

You're a whinger, Bay. A complainer, not a doer.

Are we meant to take you seriously?

Bay56

First Grade
Stelios Giannakopoulos said:
Agreed,

Don should have kidnapped young James, tie him up + Gag him. Then not let him go until he signs a contract that is not as big as the one the storm offered..

How dare we let him have a mind of his own and make decisions.

Dude I'm not sure what school you went to but I think there are better ways to negotiate and come to an agreement that is of benefit to both parties.

Bay56 said:
Dude I'm not sure what school you went to but I think there are better ways to negotiate and come to an agreement that is of benefit to both parties.

Nonsense,

If you gain power then you have the upper hand, make Canberra his ONLY option.