What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne bound for one of our juniors

Bay56

First Grade
cooba said:
Well thats the way it is when you have a few in the club p....... off about not getting coaching roles and go out of their way to destabilise the present coaching staff (psychological mind problems about schoolteachers,goes back to their own failures as students). Hang on wasn't this the same guy who said Kitey couldn't play-rates himself as a coach, but has got rid of lots of talent,Kitey, Soward and others. Be careful Slippers and TA, this pair of f wits are undermining you-the Raiders will be so much better when it finally dawns on those who matter to get rid of them.

:lol: ...

bit hard to argue against that ... quite frankly I wouldnt know what I was arguing against

Chachi

Bench
Did I read the article wrong? Have we lost Cameron Smith or James Woolford??

By some of the comments here I'm getting the feeling it may have been Smith.

Not sure what young James hopes to achieve by being stuck behind Smith for a decade in all honesty.

Storm in a teacup (so to speak). I thought he'd gone to the Saints already TBH.

Bay56

First Grade
Chach the funny thing is that at one stage we were a good chance of getting Cam Smith :)

Chachi

Bench
Bay56 said:
Chach the funny thing is that at one stage we were a good chance of getting Cam Smith :)
Damn straight - and we should have packed up and sent off Woolford Sr when the opportunity arose!

That is one decision I wholeheartedly blame Matt Elliott for (along with signing J. Smith over Thurston).

Chachi

Bench
cooba said:
Well thats the way it is when you have a few in the club p....... off about not getting coaching roles and go out of their way to destabilise the present coaching staff (psychological mind problems about schoolteachers,goes back to their own failures as students). Hang on wasn't this the same guy who said Kitey couldn't play-rates himself as a coach, but has got rid of lots of talent,Kitey, Soward and others. Be careful Slippers and TA, this pair of f wits are undermining you-the Raiders will be so much better when it finally dawns on those who matter to get rid of them.
I've heard that a few too many times for my liking. I have to say I'm a little bit concerned about our junior coaching ranks right now.

BTW, when is Bellamy coming "home" cooba? ;-)

Juniors
great signing for the storm, after losing young aubusson to the roosters we really need another impact hooker off the bench ala friend, aubusson etc. i think young woolford might be just the thing were looking for, you complain coz he's leaving, i dont blame you, the few times ive seen him at rep level he has been a real standout, he might be behind smith, but he'll get his chance if he wants it, it just wont be starting lol

Bay56

First Grade
Chachi said:
Damn straight - and we should have packed up and sent off Woolford Sr when the opportunity arose!

That is one decision I wholeheartedly blame Matt Elliott for (along with signing J. Smith over Thurston).

... and letting J.Woolford go might also come to bite us in the arse ... only thing different is that we cant lay the blame on Elliott

Raider_69

Post Whore
1999 said:
great signing for the storm, after losing young aubusson to the roosters we really need another impact hooker off the bench ala friend, aubusson etc. i think young woolford might be just the thing were looking for, you complain coz he's leaving, i dont blame you, the few times ive seen him at rep level he has been a real standout, he might be behind smith, but he'll get his chance if he wants it, it just wont be starting lol

id surprised if before this thread you even knew who James Woolford was you git :p :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
id surprised if before this thread you even knew who James Woolford was you git :p :lol:

might say the same about your good self dude :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
you might, but you'd be wrong (as usual) and you know you'd be wrong, since im sure you're aware woolford jr and croker jr have got a fair amount of exposure elsewhere, mainly due to their relations.

Woolford has a long way to go before he reaches first grade, did he even play Flegg kast year?

You can't hold onto every 17 year old, I dare say if he didn't have the last name Woolford, there wouldn't have been as many stories as there is now..

skeepe

Immortal
Bay56 said:
No Schifty ... if we won the premiership I'll be one of the first to stand in line and congratulate management on a job well done ....

What bullsh*t. You were whinging during the undefeated start to 2003. Nothing changes in Bayland.

Bay56

First Grade
skeepe said:
What bullsh*t. You were whinging during the undefeated start to 2003. Nothing changes in Bayland.

Produce the evidence to back up your claim skip rather than just make unsubstantiated statements.

Any statements that I made in 2003 were most prob proven to be correct when you compare our performances for the remainder of 2003 and seasons 2004-2007 ... I can remember stating that our performances were based on G&D but not a lot of tactics ... we won 7 of our first 7 games in 2003 and then 9 of our next 19 (once Elliott's 'game plan' was all too evident for a rival coach).

You were probably one of the so called "posos" who suported Elliott whatever misfortune that brought to the club.

So the "whinging" as call it should have be considered as "constructive criticism" ... as I said if we won the premiership I'd be first in line.

Have a good year Skip.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Bay56 said:
Produce the evidence to back up your claim skip rather than just make unsubstantiated statements.

Bay, this is just base hypocrisy.

There are a LOT of times in this and other threads that people have asked you to substantiate your claims. Why not take the lead and do so here?

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
Bay, this is just base hypocrisy.

There are a LOT of times in this and other threads that people have asked you to substantiate your claims. Why not take the lead and do so here?

Examples please T_R of "a LOT of times"

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Tokyo_Raider said:
What the hell is this? That is complete and utter bullsh*t.

Where is it written that we took things for granted, showed little interest etc? You say that this has been reported. Where has it been reported? Put up or shut up. Carry on like a complete tosser if need be, but don't go round making things up.

Furner has come out and said that Melbourne were simply willing to pay more than we were. End of story. It happens.

Just out of interest, what exactly does you keyboard warrior activism achieve? You seem to be portraying yourself as some heroic figure of change. Have you actually changed anything by your online rants?

You are just hot air, Bay.

Try this one for a start.

skeepe

Immortal
Bay56 said:

Any statements that I made in 2003 were most prob proven to be correct when you compare our performances for the remainder of 2003 and seasons 2004-2007 ... I can remember stating that our performances were based on G&D but not a lot of tactics ... we won 7 of our first 7 games in 2003 and then 9 of our next 19 (once Elliott's 'game plan' was all too evident for a rival coach).

You were probably one of the so called "posos" who suported Elliott whatever misfortune that brought to the club.

So the "whinging" as call it should have be considered as "constructive criticism" ... as I said if we won the premiership I'd be first in line.

Have a good year Skip.

So in the first sentence you deny making any such criticisms, and then in the very next you defend those criticisms that you deny making?

Quite clearly, nothing that you post can be taken seriously. Surely you're nothing but a parody... someone's idea of a joke that sounded good in their head but falls flat when enunciated. You go around making broad statements, then when those statements are refuted by others (and backed up with evidence) you resort to either making flippant personal attacks of the poster who made you look foolish, or ignoring the posts altogether.

I hope you have a happy and prosperous new year though Bay, under the new era of a Rudd government (I know how much you hate the idea) and I dearly hope that your new year's resolution is to become less stubborn.

One thing though.... we don't care about your TV, we don't care about your promotions, and we certainly don't care about how oh-so-superior you think you are to the rest of us plebs. We're here to discuss football. Stick to that, mate, and we might start taking your posts seriously.

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
Try this one for a start.

dude I had already posted my opinion on the matter with regard to the media article and I stikc by it ... you replied with your opinion ... I hardly need to "substantiate" your opinion

Latest posts