What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne bound for one of our juniors

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
whats the matter, dont want to respond to my first post? Too logical for you is it?

Why would i ignore you, im by no means a smart man, but when argueing with you, i come off looking like Sigmund f**king Freud. It's great fun :lol:

err logic ... yea I think I missed that part ..

Sigmund Fr ... :lol: :lol:

arh times like this I realise how Einstein and Da Vince felt

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
err logic ... yea I think I missed that part ..

Sigmund Fr ... :lol: :lol:

arh times like this I realise how Einstein and Da Vince felt

Yea, clearly you did miss the logic

we've let go of Woolford, what was he? U17's NSW hooker... thats suck eh?

except we've got Travis Waddell who U/19's QLD hooker... Waddell is 2 years older, 2 years more developed, clearly talented... doesnt sound like we've lost much to me...

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
Actually Bay, when I was unhappy with the direction of politics, I joined a political party and did what I could to influence change at a local level. I like to think I have made a small difference.

But that's the difference, Bay. You carry on like an impotent goose ('soft c**k' indeed...problems at home, Bay?). Where I can, I try to make what difference I can. Where I can't, I don't waste my time bleating and carrying on.

Are you seriously asking other people to place 'pressure' on the club? What have YOU done, Bay? Ranted on a few websites about how much better a job you would do?

Let's test it, then. How much would you have paid for Woolford? Who would you have cut instead?

You're a whinger, Bay. A complainer, not a doer.

Are we meant to take you seriously?

So what did you change at the local level T_R .... does this have anyting to do with your legal studies :lol:

May I ask T_R at what point do you consider it acceptable that a supporter can criticise management .... lets just say that in 10 years time we've still only seen the backside of 8th on the table, the club has lost another 10 promising juniors to other clubs, 50% of those juniors continue to rep duties ... OK or should we still kiss Donny's arse.

Bay56 said:
No Schifty ... if we won the premiership I'll be one of the first to stand in line and congratulate management on a job well done .... unfortunately the last ten years have not afforded me the opportunity to even consider that action.

Every football follower should expect of the people that run the club to run it well ... and if they dont their jobs should be up for grabs .... our club would be one of the few sporting organisations where that is not the case ... the people who run this club will remain there come rain, hail or shine.

SOme of you people are willing to accept that .... I have a work ethic that does not ... and I am well compensated for the trouble I take to make sure we are a profitable company.

The management part of the club is actually running better then ever.. Sponsorship is reaching new heights, and corporate boxes sold like hot cakes.

The Elliott days are over, Management have helped secure our financial future, now Neil Henry is here and has only now gotten the a squad to being what he idealy wants.

Also did you know we sold a crap load more jerseys this year then we sold in previous years? Obviously something is going right..

Would you prefer us to be run like a Brazilian Football club and go through 12 coaches a year?

Bay56

First Grade
Stelios Giannakopoulos said:
The management part of the club is actually running better then ever.. Sponsorship is reaching new heights, and corporate boxes sold like hot cakes.

The Elliott days are over, Management have helped secure our financial future, now Neil Henry is here and has only now gotten the a squad to being what he idealy wants.

Also did you know we sold a crap load more jerseys this year then we sold in previous years? Obviously something is going right..

Would you prefer us to be run like a Brazilian Football club and go through 12 coaches a year?

Schifty come end of 2008 wi'll compare notes ... I hope your's are more correct than mine cause it would give me great pleasure in ramming it down a few throats at work where I'm the sole Raiders supporter ... I suspect we'll once more be a bottom of the table candidate.

Raider_69

Post Whore
what about Joel Thompson? Australian Schoolboys 06, Junior Kangaroo's 07
How about Zac Russ and Zac Merritt? AIS rugby league tour squad members
And Sam Mataora? QLD u/17's prop
Matt Smith? QLD u/19's half back 06
Travis Waddell? U/19's hooker 07

Those are players we've signed for next seasons u/20s comp... and you're whinging about letting James Woolford go?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
And a former player out to get the best $$ for his nephew is a much more credible source then Furner... :roll:

Correct, i dont know any more then you, but ill tell you one bloke who knows more then both of us... Don Furner, so yea, im going to take his word, over yours, im sure ill be forgiven for this injustice :lol:
As for a change of attitude, its about credit where its due, since the appointment of Neil Henry, i think the management have done a f**king good job, they've cut alot of deadwood, they've signed some good talent, unearthed some good talent, and off field, besides some minor indiscretions, they've been good.

And if he doesnt you're gonna look like an even bigger arse then you already do, juniors are a gamble, we all know that, we've lost Woolford jr... who gives a sh*t? We've signed Joel Thompson, Matt Smith, Zac Russ, Travis Waddell... all who are widely regarded as very talented and all who who achieved just as much and more as Woolford Jr... but you wouldnt dare go into that would you bay, that'd mean admitting the boys in the head office have done some good. TR is right, you're all hot air, you've achieve absolutely nothing with you're short sighted and biased rants, you like to portray yourself as some sort of visionary, the saviour of this club, the truth is we dont need saving, we need patience. Something you lack in an abundance.

BTW Travis Waddell is the current u/19's QLD hooker.

The canberra excuse went out the door with M.Elliott, Neil Henry has been quite vocal in promoting the city and not using it as an excuse not to sign and attract talent and Donny has followed suite, you're arguement is outdated by 12 months.

Raider_69 said:
what about Joel Thompson? Australian Schoolboys 06, Junior Kangaroo's 07
How about Zac Russ and Zac Merritt? AIS rugby league tour squad members
And Sam Mataora? QLD u/17's prop
Matt Smith? QLD u/19's half back 06
Travis Waddell? U/19's hooker 07

Those are players we've signed for next seasons u/20s comp... and you're whinging about letting James Woolford go?

Raider_69 said:
Yea, clearly you did miss the logic

we've let go of Woolford, what was he? U17's NSW hooker... thats suck eh?

except we've got Travis Waddell who U/19's QLD hooker... Waddell is 2 years older, 2 years more developed, clearly talented... doesnt sound like we've lost much to me...

Care to respond to any of these Bay? Does you're brain have the capacity to respond to them? Pick one bay, any one...

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Perhaps it's too confusing for you, Bay, so I will try to bring this right down.

Your criticism. What has it achieved?

Are we keeping players that we would not otherwise have done?
Are we changing management?
Is our recruitment policy in some way different?
Are we now sending out memberships in nice crisp envelopes?

What is the point of all your tirades? What is the end result? What is the difference between the Raiders now and how they would have been if you hadn't so gallantly taken on the establishment? Do you actually change anything, or just carry on like a goose?

You're just a sad little man and full of sh*t, Bay.

ak47

Juniors
go the Raiders FANS

Happy New year and xmas to all

good riddance Woolford jnr - you were only going be twice the whinger woolford snr was, and 3 times the judiciary appearance - its called evolution, and ur family has genes comparable to ned kelly.....

Look people

We dont need Woolford jnr - END.OF.STORY:cool:

Our fundage allocation is in great hands......this club has u-turned on the sidelines...we are still in the middle of the 3 point turn on the field - but we are defo turning the bend.

2008 will be better than 2007 - PROGRESSION = RAIDERS SINCE HENRY CAME

END.OF.STORY

NOW GET OFF YA KEYBOARDS AND STARTING SINKING SOME DRINK:crazy:

DEADSET - YOU ALL ROCK.......1/5TH AS GOOD AS ME:p , BUT 6 BILLIONS TIMES THAT OF WOOLFORD JNR:p :p

NEIL HENRY HAS A NEW MOVIE - 'I AM LEGEND'

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
Perhaps it's too confusing for you, Bay, so I will try to bring this right down.

Your criticism. What has it achieved?

Are we keeping players that we would not otherwise have done?
Are we changing management?
Is our recruitment policy in some way different?
Are we now sending out memberships in nice crisp envelopes?

What is the point of all your tirades? What is the end result? What is the difference between the Raiders now and how they would have been if you hadn't so gallantly taken on the establishment? Do you actually change anything, or just carry on like a goose?

You're just a sad little man and full of sh*t, Bay.

so we should all be satisfied with the same ol same ol as long as Donny and the family are at the helm ??

the point for the 101st time is that this is a public forum where one discusses issues that arise from time to time .... now if you dont like that approach I suggest you lay under the Xmas tree and ponder how they stick all those leaves on the wire bits

Raider_69

Post Whore
well in ak47, i believe i will take you up on that offer, im off for a shower and head out with the lads and start ringing in the new year... happy new year all

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
OK, one last try.

Whether you are satisfied or not, will ranting here actually CHANGE anything?

the "ranting" as you call it probably wont make a difference cause I'm one of the few who calls a spade a spade

I have spoken to many a Raiders supporter who are not satisfied with the performance of management but know that nothing will change due to the way the club is structured.

Good try btw

drink and be merry T_R and stop being such a grump ..

cya in 2008 ...

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Righto, I'll leave it there then.

It seems to me that you are just a blow-hard with nothing new to say. If it's broken, fix it. But it's easier just to whinge, isn't it?

greeneyed

First Grade
ak47 said:
go the Raiders FANS

good riddance Woolford jnr - you were only going be twice the whinger woolford snr was, and 3 times the judiciary appearance - its called evolution, and ur family has genes comparable to ned kelly.....

Look people

Our fundage allocation is in great hands......this club has u-turned on the sidelines...we are still in the middle of the 3 point turn on the field - but we are defo turning the bend.

END.OF.STORY

DEADSET - YOU ALL ROCK.......1/5TH AS GOOD AS ME:p , BUT 6 BILLIONS TIMES THAT OF WOOLFORD JNR:p :p

I hope you have a good New Year too... but those comments about James Woolford really aren't called for. He's a 17 year old kid, not out of school, and he wanted to stay with the Raiders and is sorry he's not staying. He's said the Raiders are a great club, and he'll be following the progress of his friends still with the club.

I'm not a fan of Simon Woolford's approach to the referees etc and have often said that I would have preferred to see the club choose Priddis over Woolford if we had to choose one back in the day...

But there's not one single reason to say anything critical about James Woolford. He's a very good young player, and I'm sorry he's leaving the club.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Give yourself an uppercut if you don't think this is slack management.

What kind of money do you think Woolford jnr will be earning over in Melbourne? 300k? The fact of the matter is this current management have been splashing out on potential prospects like Herbert but have decided to not supplement a paper thin depth chart at hooker.

Waddell and Smith were not in the QLD u19 side that played the NSW u19 side. In other words they are not the blue chip calibre and I have a soft spot for our juniors. While not every teenager from the NSW u17/19 sides will ever develop into Doc Howell i'm sure you could put abit of cash behind them.

Happy new years guys see you in a month.

Bay56

First Grade
I would also repeat that this could be one more ex-Raider that suceeds in a playing or coaching position elsewhere ... and this while current management positions remain intact.

I'll back my own judement on what I have seen of James Woolford ... I'll also back Bellamy's assessment on what he considers to be a worthwhile chance of backing up the best hooker in the country ... we have an extremely poor record in this department.

Well done to James Woolford on backing himself and taking the chance, even though his first choice would have been to remain at the Raiders.

Bay56

First Grade
ak47 said:
go the Raiders FANS

Look people

END.OF.STORY

dude I'll hold respect for you if you can assure me this is your attempt at a joke.

cooba

Juniors
Well thats the way it is when you have a few in the club p....... off about not getting coaching roles and go out of their way to destabilise the present coaching staff (psychological mind problems about schoolteachers,goes back to their own failures as students). Hang on wasn't this the same guy who said Kitey couldn't play-rates himself as a coach, but has got rid of lots of talent,Kitey, Soward and others. Be careful Slippers and TA, this pair of f wits are undermining you-the Raiders will be so much better when it finally dawns on those who matter to get rid of them.

Latest posts