What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne bound for one of our juniors

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Huh?

I was referring to this bit:

Where is it written that we took things for granted, showed little interest etc? You say that this has been reported. Where has it been reported?

Bay56

First Grade
skeepe said:
So in the first sentence you deny making any such criticisms, and then in the very next you defend those criticisms that you deny making?

Quite clearly, nothing that you post can be taken seriously. Surely you're nothing but a parody... someone's idea of a joke that sounded good in their head but falls flat when enunciated. You go around making broad statements, then when those statements are refuted by others (and backed up with evidence) you resort to either making flippant personal attacks of the poster who made you look foolish, or ignoring the posts altogether.

I hope you have a happy and prosperous new year though Bay, under the new era of a Rudd government (I know how much you hate the idea) and I dearly hope that your new year's resolution is to become less stubborn.

One thing though.... we don't care about your TV, we don't care about your promotions, and we certainly don't care about how oh-so-superior you think you are to the rest of us plebs. We're here to discuss football. Stick to that, mate, and we might start taking your posts seriously.

I'll type this slowly so you can get a grip of the situation Skip ...

I stated that I would be first in line to congratulate management if we won the premiership.

You replied with "bullsh*t" and then went on substantiate your accusation with my criticism during the early part of 2003.

I replied with 'substantiate your accusation' that I would not congratulate management and then went further to explain my critisism of management in the past.

Ohh and one thing ... I dont give a sh*te if you dont care about my TV, nor my promotions and nor whether you take me seriously or not.

This is called the off-season Skippo ... relax and take life a bit less seriously dude, learn to be less offensive to fellow forumers and you might live to a ripe old age.

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
Huh?

I was referring to this bit:

Where is it written that we took things for granted, showed little interest etc? You say that this has been reported. Where has it been reported?

Read between the lines ... that's where the "opinion" factor comes into play. I've also read a Canberra Times report regarding this matter and have based my opinion around the two articles. Can I "substantiate" my "opinion" ... probably NO ... nor can you probably subsantiate yours .. but I'm sure your opinion is worth a whole lot more than mine huh

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Bay56 said:
Read between the lines ... that's where the "opinion" factor comes into play. I've also read a Canberra Times report regarding this matter and have based my opinion around the two articles. Can I "substantiate" my "opinion" ... probably NO ... nor can you probably subsantiate yours .. but I'm sure your opinion is worth a whole lot more than mine huh

You stated those things as facts.

Just admit it - you were spouting sh*te.

Ah, what's the point? You look more and more like a wanker every time you post.

We have an early post of the year nomination and you're flopping around like a landed trout.

It's been a most amusing morning, thanks.

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
You stated those things as facts.

Just admit it - you were spouting sh*te.

Ah, what's the point? You look more and more like a wanker every time you post.

We have an early post of the year nomination and you're flopping around like a landed trout.

It's been a most amusing morning, thanks.

err yea ... I think it's more the case that you interpreted them as factual statements

dude, T_R my son ... for the 1000th time this is a public footy forum ... most of what people post on here is "opinion" ... mine is no more than that.

the difference here is that my opinion differed from yours (as it always does :lol:) and therefore you counter that opinion with yours ... that is where the debating starts and that is what makes a forum such as this a vibrant place to visit

the fact that some take the next step and personally abuse the author of that opinion, is one that I am not too comfortable with ... but I will more than happily play abuse tennis if one so requests.

I hope that explains the situation

*records this reply in WORD so that he can easily access it*

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Bay56 said:

The cold hard facts in this case are that a very talented junior has been snapped from underneath our noses due to reports that, although he wanted to remain here, we took things for granted, showed little interest, complacent, etc and lost a vert talented youngster in the process.

Bay56 said:
err yea ... I think it's more the case that you interpreted them as factual statements

:roll:

Honestly Bay, you're starting to look really stupid in this thread.

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
:roll:

Honestly Bay, you're starting to look really stupid in this thread.

read the two articles and make up your own mind/opinion on the matter T_R

both reports indicated that JW's first option would have been to remain in the ACT and that the last option seemed to be the Storm ... he expressed his own opinion regarding the level of interest that was shown by other clubs that he thought was not evident from the Raiders and was disappointed by that

maybe I should not have used term "the cold hard facts" but in my OPINION they lend themselves to be close to the mark

if anyone is looking stupid my friend it is squarely on your shoulders

/windup time

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Bay56 said:
both reports indicated that JW's first option would have been to remain in the ACT and that the last option seemed to be the Storm ... he expressed his own opinion regarding the level of interest that was shown by other clubs that he thought was not evident from the Raiders and was disappointed by that

maybe I should not have used term "the cold hard facts" but in my OPINION they lend themselves to be close to the mark

You're talking yourself in circles. Just admit it - you were spouting complete and utter sh*t
and got called on it. Stop squirming - it's just ridiculous. As you often do, you trumpted utter bollocks dressed as a fact. If you can't win an argument with the truth, you probably should reconsider your point of view.

As for the insults, yeah - there have been a few here, and by no means are you the only culprit. Thanks for the rehash of them though - most entertaining reading.

The point was, you have a habit of dodging tough questions and trying to take the legs of the player, instead. It does you no credit.

skeepe

Immortal
Bay56 said:
read the two articles and make up your own mind/opinion on the matter T_R

/windup time

Actually Bay, from reading the articles mentioned it would seem that his first preference was to chase the money. He appears to have used cold hard cash as his measure for interest, and as such I really cannot find fault with management on this issue.

Bay56

First Grade
skeepe said:
Actually Bay, from reading the articles mentioned it would seem that his first preference was to chase the money. He appears to have used cold hard cash as his measure for interest, and as such I really cannot find fault with management on this issue.

well now who's stating a fac ... err opinion

dude you may hold that opinion ... I dont ... imo if the Raiders had purchased a new set of chromes for his car he would have considered staying ... and it is also my opinion that it is cheaper in the long run to keep your local juniors at the club for extended periods into FG than it is to attract and keep imported talent.

I'll start highlighting the word opinion in future so that we dont get the wrong idea that I might be stating fact.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
'Cold hard fact" - An expression of certainty. A statement of fact

"It would seem" "It appears" - An expression of opinion.

I'm sure you know the difference, Bay. Stop squirming.

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
'Cold hard fact" - An expression of certainty. A statement of fact

"It would seem" "It appears" - An expression of opinion.

I'm sure you know the difference, Bay. Stop squirming.

It I plead "guilty" will that satisfy you T_R

*crosses fingers*

cooba

Juniors
Bay 56, Unfortunately Bellyache will never come back here,he has a very good reason,( personal )one that cannot be discussed in this forum.

Chachi

Bench
That's a shame because I know he still has some old school Raider mates in Canberra.

jed

First Grade
Wow, didn't we all have fun last night?

Finished now? You bet.

For anyone who's forgotten, personal attacks are not allowed on the forum. I'm leaving the thread open for now for anyone who wants to discuss Woolford's departure. Any more attacks (from either side) will result in the thread being locked

paulquinn49

Bench
Good work on the clean up Jed, must of being hard leaving 90% of the crap here and managing to remove my only post in this thread, where I discussed Woolford.

P.S This thread was about Woolford, Jed.

Chachi

Bench
Raider Azz said:
he kept my post :D

p.s. woolford will be back when his storm contract ends IMO
That's highly possible if Smith stays at the Storm and remains fit.

Not a bad scenario really - he can learn from the best and bring it back here if he's still needed. Can't see him ready for FG any time in the next 2 years anyway.

dubby

Bench
Tokyo_Raider said:
Mebourne offered him the most money. Canberra could have matched him - but which other juniors are you willing to cut to keep him, Bay?

There is a limited salary cap and if players are chasing dollars, sooner or later you will lose them.

Easy to rant, easy to complain, hard to find solutions.

Bay 56: The Pauline Hanson of league forums.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That cracked me up.

BTW TR, dont introduce logic into a thread where bay and matt just want to bitch about management again.