What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Cup Winner 2015

Sphagnum

Coach
Gust of wind. Best 4 yo staying mare since ethereal.

Tickin along beautifully. Expect it to be fully tested in the Turnbull next start. No room in makybe, hit the line better than most late in between runners.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hope everyone took the $8-9...seriously if that wasn't a 'who cares about winning this race' trial in the Caulfield Cup...

Trip to Paris for the quinella

Preferment, Gust of Wind, and I'll have 2-3 more for my first 4.

Sphagnum

Coach
Tickin along beautifully. Expect it to be fully tested in the Turnbull next start. No room in makybe, hit the line better than most late in between runners.

Stuck on bravely in cc. Annoyed that schofield didn't see them coming and take off at the 600 in front of them. Still think she is a very big chance in the Melbourne cup with no weight.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Stuck on bravely in cc. Annoyed that schofield didn't see them coming and take off at the 600 in front of them. Still think she is a very big chance in the Melbourne cup with no weight.

True, nice ew chance.

Anyone know where Signoff is this year??:crazy:

Lemon Squash

First Grade

She will stay all day but I just don't think she will have the turn of foot at the end of 3200 that some of the others do.

She had a beautiful run in the CC and the speed was on so for mine she was entitled to finish well, which she did but I just don't think her run was as good as others moving forward.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Whoshotthebarman at 12/1 now,f**king Haynetrain backed this mug years ago at a bigger price,i mean its not going to win,im just happy i backed a loser at a better price than 12/1.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Whoshotthebarman at 12/1 now,f**king Haynetrain backed this mug years ago at a bigger price,i mean its not going to win,im just happy i backed a loser at a better price than 12/1.

Should be $40+.

It is so rare for a horse to run well and get a place, then win the next year. Fiorente did it but somehow I doubt Who Shot the Barman is Fiorente class. Did nothing in the caulfield cup. Now one thing he will do it run 3200m, but would I back it...no.

Similarly, although I will have Mongolian Khan in my exotics, I won't have her near the win, this has Faulkner written all over it off a Caulfield Cup run, goes to the Melbourne Cup and flat out doesn't run 3200m.

diggo

Juniors
Should be $40+.

It is so rare for a horse to run well and get a place, then win the next year. Fiorente did it but somehow I doubt Who Shot the Barman is Fiorente class. Did nothing in the caulfield cup. Now one thing he will do it run 3200m, but would I back it...no.

Similarly, although I will have Mongolian Khan in my exotics, I won't have her near the win, this has Faulkner written all over it off a Caulfield Cup run, goes to the Melbourne Cup and flat out doesn't run 3200m.

Wouldnt be surprised to see WSTB run top 3 or 4 again. Although I agree, $12 doesn't look great value. I've jumped on Grand Marshal @ $70 instead. I was impressed by his CC run and certainly looks a serious place chance at massive odds.

For the real chances, I'm all over Trip to Paris.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Yeah i can see Whoshotthebarman finishing in the top 6 in the Cup with a good barrier,dunno why i backed it months ago to win,realistically it prob can't can win,think i was just bored one day,its actually not a bad horse at all to be honest but will more than likely be outclassed by a few.

coolsteve

Juniors
Years ago (looong time ago), I`d line up the place getters in the Caulfield Cup, Mooney Valley Cup and the Mackinnon, more often than not the Melb Cup winner came from them. Along came Vintage Crop and all the other overseas raiders and spoiled that system.Never placed a lot of interest in the Cox Plate until Might And Power done the double. Sooo, now that Criterion ran a record time(and came second), starting to lean his way, depending on weights.So I`m getting in early and will have a box trifecta Criterion , Fame Game,and three others(wait till mackinnon runs). Do I have Red Cadeoux in? he`s a freak. No futures punting or backing 13 horses (and chopping and changing) like some (dont know how to get them smiley faces so consider one in)

coolsteve

Juniors
Years ago (looong time ago), I`d line up the place getters in the Caulfield Cup, Mooney Valley Cup and the Mackinnon, more often than not the Melb Cup winner came from them. Along came Vintage Crop and all the other overseas raiders and spoiled that system.Never placed a lot of interest in the Cox Plate until Might And Power done the double. Sooo, now that Criterion ran a record time(and came second), starting to lean his way, depending on weights.So I`m getting in early and will have a box trifecta Criterion , Fame Game,and three others(wait till mackinnon runs). Do I have Red Cadeoux in? he`s a freak. No futures punting or backing 13 horses (and chopping and changing) like some (dont know how to get them smiley faces so consider one in)

My bad. Might And Power won the Cox Plate the year after doing the double. Sooo, disregard that post

Latest posts