What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Cup Winner 2015

matrightyeh

Juniors
dont no why everyones getting crazy about fame game quest for peace came home harder and quicker its my early tip for the cup

lockyno1

Post Whore
Beaten Up withdrawn from Cup (not that it had one ounce of a chance) and will focus on the Group 3 2600m race on the same carnival.

The United States is very close to a start (25th) but would be needing 2 scratchngs as the Lexus gains automatic entrance. Big risk for the United States not running this weekend.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mongolian Khan scratched from Cup.

United States moves into 24th in the order, pending the result of the Lexus. It will be hoping that an absolute roughie wins the Lexus as they may not go forward to the Cup.

Concerns over Sky Hunter & Quest For More from the vet checks today

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
United States moves into 24th in the order, pending the result of the Lexus. It will be hoping that an absolute roughie wins the Lexus as they may not go forward to the Cup.

There are six Lexus runners still in the Cup after 2nd acceptances and most are below 10s on fixed odds. Excess Knowledge (6.00), Chance To Dance (11.00), Havana Cooler (5.50), Ruling Dynasty (5.50), Bohemian Lily (9.50) and Thunder Lady (15.00).

Ethiopia is the outsider at 34.00 fixed odds.

lockyno1

Post Whore
There are six Lexus runners still in the Cup after 2nd acceptances and most are below 10s on fixed odds. Excess Knowledge (6.00), Chance To Dance (11.00), Havana Cooler (5.50), Ruling Dynasty (5.50), Bohemian Lily (9.50) and Thunder Lady (15.00).

Ethiopia is the outsider at 34.00 fixed odds.

Just hope one of them doesn't rob United States of a run when it is a live chance at the weights. If Fame Game is going to lose I have it as one that could do it.

GongPanther

Referee
I usually have about 10 mystery box trifecta's in the Cup

Did one of those mystery box trifectas in the late 90's (not Mel Cup) and fluked it. Won over $800.Lot of money in them days.

As far as the Cup is concerned,I've noticed that 99% of the time,you can't ignore the weight of the money in a big pooled race such as this.

Whilst keeping a level head,carefully watch the totes from at least 20 minutes before the race...or on your computer on the TAB,the market movers.

to_ddeath

Coach
Really warming to Trip To Paris.
Has the 2 mile form & the 14 draw won't be an issue IMO.
OS horse local jock combo. Hoping it'll make up for a shitty DDay today.

T.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Really warming to Trip To Paris.
Has the 2 mile form & the 14 draw won't be an issue IMO.
OS horse local jock combo. Hoping it'll make up for a shitty DDay today.

T.

I'm with you. I think the CC run was a cracker and he has a good turn of foot.

The fave was a good run but he sat cold and ran a big 300 metres. I thought it was definitely noteworthy but not earth shattering.

I'll be taking Trip to Paris and Our Ivanhowe. Zee Germans seem to go OK in the Cup.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'm leaning towards Max Dynamite.

Looks a quality stayer with a good turn of foot. If he settles at Flemington then the 14 or 15-1 is good odds.

Trip to Paris is another good bet for sure.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fame Game (Standout)

2, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 6

First 4's, Trifecta's around those numbers. Will only have Fame Game/Trip to Paris in my Quaddie though.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Is it just me or was old mate Grand Marshall(look for the horse in front of Fame Game on the turn) a sneaky run in the Caulfield Cup looking for the 2 miles? Was making ground and than got chopped out

https://youtu.be/7MwjQnAdh64

Am i drunk or was that a decent run?

Always a roughie sneaking a place in the Cup

lockyno1

Post Whore
Actually like Hartnell for a place but Grand Marshall isn't the worst runner you know it will get 2 miles