What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Cup Winner 2015

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Is there any rain down there at the moment though?

Looking at the BOM radar there are patches of cloud but who knows if any rain is hitting Flemington from that.

Would love a deluge or two between now ant race time tomorrow.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I will be throwing Grand Marshall in my exotics for sure

Heard Mick Goodie on the radio this morning, he thinks by jump time it will be a good 3. Probably won't favour him but great news for Fame Game supporters

lockyno1

Post Whore
Trip to Paris continues to get smashed, into $7.50, could easily start joint favourite the way this is going. Fame Game is out to $4.40 (much more realistic price). Won't be shocked if both start in the $6 range.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Trip to Paris continues to get smashed, into $7.50, could easily start joint favourite the way this is going. Fame Game is out to $4.40 (much more realistic price). Won't be shocked if both start in the $6 range.

So I announce my tips and in he comes. Coincidence :sarcasm:

:lol:

Seriously though, the more I watch him, the more I find his action similar to Dunaden. I love a horse that wants to really get down low and stretch the neck out.

The price is starting to concern me though. I had been hoping for a drift and support for other runners so I could pick up 10's. Not bloody likely now!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Although you could get $5.50 to $6 for Fame Game possibly on the day and $50-200 at that price is reasonable....it is the $3.10 price that was ridiculous in a Melbourne Cup

coolsteve

Juniors
well heres mine. criterion, fame game , preferement, max dinamite and united states. $20 for 33% $20 win criterion and a handful of mysteries .then the horse racing can f**k off for a few months while my bank balance recoups.Darby day was a killer

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Can't understand all the hype for Max Dynamite whatsoever.

The Cup second outsider (Quest For More) beat it by 1.3 lengths over 3219 m at Newcastle (UK) in June this year.

And does anyone realise that 7 of its 18 starts have been over f**king hurdles!! :lol: Even old King Triton would whip its arse over the jumps right now.

Lay of the day if I ever saw one.

coolsteve

Juniors
mate, there`s hype over all the international horses. just trying to find one at odds for me tri.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

The Cup second outsider (Quest For More) beat it by 1.3 lengths over 3219 m at Newcastle (UK) in June this year.

And does anyone realise that 7 of its 18 starts have been over f**king hurdles!! :lol: Even old King Triton would whip its arse over the jumps right now.

Agreed, can't believe the price. Ridiculous odds.

My top 4 i'll be throwing into everything.

Fame Game
Preferment
Trip to Paris
Our Ivanhoe

Once again it's a tough race, good luck lads i'll be at the track should be a cracking day.

no name

Coach

The fact it beat Trip to Paris by over 11 lengths last start at 3300m might have something to do with it.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Super tough race as you would expect, just went through the form and could only completely rule a pen through 4 of them which I give no hope of running top 4.

In saying that though I'm only playing 5 in the quaddie.

Fame Game, Trip to Paris, Almoonqith, The United States and Bondi Beach go in. I could be completely wrong but personally I would be surprised if something won the race outside of these 5.

Once again I could be completely wrong but I'm potting Preferment, looking at his form and I'm actually not convinced he is an out and out stayer. Yes I know he won a Derby but the form hasn't really held up from that race, he just managed to beat Bondeiger who is a nice horse but would be 300-1 in this. When he ran in the Australian Derby which had the A-grade stayers of his year in it he got outclassed by Mongolian Khan and co which they put down to a soft track, but then this prep he won a Hill Stakes on a soft track so that hasn't held up.

He has looked exceptional at Flemington, has genuine WFA form and Bowman on board which are all big ticks. Like Criterion his class will carry him a long way but I don't see him as a winning chance.

Picking a First 4 will be almost impossible could pick half the field and still easily miss.

chigurh

Yeah the Irish are keen on horses that are also capable of hurdling. It doesn't have the same stigma over there, I wouldn't read too much into it.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Super tough race as you would expect, just went through the form and could only completely rule a pen through 4 of them which I give no hope of running top 4.

In saying that though I'm only playing 5 in the quaddie.

Fame Game, Trip to Paris, Almoonqith, The United States and Bondi Beach go in. I could be completely wrong but personally I would be surprised if something won the race outside of these 5.

Once again I could be completely wrong but I'm potting Preferment, looking at his form and I'm actually not convinced he is an out and out stayer. Yes I know he won a Derby but the form hasn't really held up from that race, he just managed to beat Bondeiger who is a nice horse but would be 300-1 in this. When he ran in the Australian Derby which had the A-grade stayers of his year in it he got outclassed by Mongolian Khan and co which they put down to a soft track, but then this prep he won a Hill Stakes on a soft track so that hasn't held up.

He has looked exceptional at Flemington, has genuine WFA form and Bowman on board which are all big ticks. Like Criterion his class will carry him a long way but I don't see him as a winning chance.

Picking a First 4 will be almost impossible could pick half the field and still easily miss.

This is the one im starting to like

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Me too HT, I wasn't keen on it early doors at all but after watching a few of his replays and reading his form he appears to be a very classy young animal.

I have concerns over his inexperience and handling the overall situation, plus he has a tricky gate too but if things fall into line and he brings his best I think he can be competitive.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah I chucked $35 on Bondi Beach a few days ago. He's actually drifted since then. Rookie error going in early for him but he strikes me as a great each way bet as he could well.be the best horse in the race, albeit young.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Possibly won't win this year but I like the United States in the next couple of years for a big chance. Including it in my exotics, and has the world's best jockey on board in my book.

Gina Minehart

Juniors
well heres mine. criterion, fame game , preferement, max dinamite and united states. $20 for 33% $20 win criterion and a handful of mysteries .then the horse racing can f**k off for a few months while my bank balance recoups.Darby day was a killer

Totally agree. Started with Bassett not winning and got worse from there

Then I put on a stupid multi instead of smashing what I liked (Gallo chop)

Lost an absolute packet over the weekend

Latest posts