What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Game

big_dell

Juniors
I'm looking forward to see if Inglis is going to be running at Soward. His d has improved heaps since round 1 and with Beau Scott inside him I can't see Inglis being as destructive as he has been.

big_dell

Juniors
Are you serious man? I'm praying he doesnt run at Sowie again.

didn't put that very well... it will be interesting to see what the effects will be when he runs out soward... i know he will... but with scott there, i'm jsut wondering if its going to be as effective as against other teams

OurRedV

Juniors
I just hope that we hold the ball this week, if we turn over as much as we did against the Warriors we will be in a world of hurt.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Game of the season
Result however not critical as both coaches will correct any errors made
IMO it's a finals trial and Benny in particular will use it as one

gregstar

Referee
if it means rolling the f*ckers when it counts come sept/oct, i don't give a f*ck if we lose.

at least i know we're gonna be uber-competitive in the very least against the purple merkins.

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
Crucial Game IMO
just a bump from what i just posted on another thread
I have been thinking, which is always a worry.
The last four teams we play have the worst defensive records in the competition not including the roosters. Surely it would take a stroke of genius for them to win, however i am concerned about the bunnies late surge and canberra away. However i am confident that we can get at least 6 points from these last 4 games.

If we were to win on friday night, and then we picked up 6 points from the next 5 (now including panthers), the bulldogs would have to remain undefeated from their next 6 for the top spot to come down to for and against. A win on friday night would potentially lock in the minor premiership.

Having said that.... very crucial

silverex

Bench
I'm nervous about this one too. Though, being a long term Dragons supporter, people who know me will say that I'm always nervous!

I agree with what WB2SOS said above about the Rabbits and Canberra. And I'd add the Eels onto that list.

Friday night will be huge......can't wait!

Doug2234

First Grade
Why nervous about Inglis running at Soward.

In the first game of the season Soward had Nightingale and Stanely each side of him.... Inglis has to contend with Beau Scott and Wendell Sailor who will be protecting Soward.

MattYg1

Bench
I have a strong feeling this game is going to be a tacticians wet dream... Bennett and Bellamy will both have something special up their sleeves for this one...

grandorient

Bench
Still quietly confident about this game,

Saints can't possibly have such poor second halfs twice in a row. If we do, it will indeed make life interesting.

GO

boxa777

Coach
There is no need to be nervous this season fellas..

Different kettle of fish this 09 team. Stress free. Just know that if we get beat, the Storm would have had to pull out their best game by a long way and that still might not be enough for them.

Time for Beau to show GI what it feels like being a bitch.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Nice Boxa. Agree 100%. They get beat playing as well as they can, then good luck to whoever beats us.

But.....The Storm are nowhere near the team they have been for the last three years. Got beat by the Eels with a few missing & the score line against Cronulla flattered them. It was 6 all with 20 to go & the Sharks simply ran out of troops.

We're too good for Melbourne this year. I'll be putting my money where my mouth is on it too.

brendothejet

First Grade
if we are ever going to beat the storm again it will be this week.

Please god, my girlfriend is a storm supporter. I cant take anymore taunting.

Gippsy

Bench
Agree with boxa, I'm now longer nervous about this team, if they don't win I know the're going to give it a bloody good shake.

The result won't affect too much ladderwise, but I reckon its important to finally get a psychological advantage over the Storm & I reckon Saint Wayne is thinking the same way. I therefore expect us to give 'em a touch up.

big_dell

Juniors

In the first game of the season Soward had Nightingale and Stanely each side of him.... Inglis has to contend with Beau Scott and Wendell Sailor who will be protecting Soward.

Thats what I was getting at but Scott needs to stay in the defensive line with everyone else because i remember he rushed up on tonga against the cows and tonga just had to compete one-on-one with Soward.

mameimo

Juniors

True that.

Latest posts