What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne must still be cheating the cap

stormbati

Bench
I recon i must be the only bloke who isnt a storm fan who is stoked at how well they are going

their strength has never been in its game breaking talent, its in their system, their coaching, their expectations and the style
I hope they win the comp.

I think we can all appreciate the character theyre showing., love em or hate em.
Everyone loves a good comeback, eg, Michael Vick ;-)

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Quality post, I agree with everything you've said.

It's a shame most other posters would rather troll than actually discuss the issue.

Discuss the issue & trolling, your a f*cking joke & a hypocrite. This is from your very first post.....

So now on behalf of the Melbourne Storm i'll be accepting apologies from those of you who wrongfully discredited Melbourne's achievements of 06-09 due to their "cheating".

That comment alone is degrading to all Rugby League fans. If anything the "Real Fans" are still waiting for an apology from Melbourne, Bellamy, Slater, Inglis, Smith & anyone else involved.
Its merkins like you that hurt the sport.

POPEYE

Coach
Still the best team of the century. . . guardians of the doctrine 'rewarding is better than poaching'.

mongoose

Coach
I recon i must be the only bloke who isnt a storm fan who is stoked at how well they are going

their strength has never been in its game breaking talent, its in their system, their coaching, their expectations and the style
I hope they win the comp.

I would love to the storm beat the dragons in a knock out final. That would be too funny. The Merge fans would go bezerk on these boards.

Frailty

First Grade
I don't think anyone is upset Melbourne are playing well?

This Victorian Butters needs to drop the Victim mentality and realise the only people who f**ked over the storm were the storm themselves.

They cheated. They got caught. They pay the price. It is such a cop out that they try to use the 'but everyone else is doing it' line. Good luck using that with getting a speeding fine!

But then again that is unjust and is the police's fault.

Frailty

First Grade
Melbourne while "cheating" = Top of the comp
Melbourne while not "cheating" = Top of the comp

Hmm nope can't see how it enhances anything.

All that shows was that they didn't need to cheat. But they did anyway.

They had an extra advantage over the opposition - it's as simple as that.

It is a good idea. It's exactly how the courts in Australia work. Complying with previously set precedents is the foundation of a fair justice system.

Actually, if the law changes or the punishment structure changes - they don't go back to the prior law.

Or perhaps you would like it explained in another way - the current legal system takes the mental capacity or intent into consideration. Considering the actions and intent of the Storm cheating the cap was much more serious than the Bulldogs it could not be punished in the same way. Not to mention the Bulldogs had not been winning premierships whilst cheating.

Were other clubs audited? No? Well then there's no proof that Melbourne had an advantage over the other clubs.

But there is proof that they cheated. Perhaps we should have everyone investigated for tax fraud just to make sure they are committing fraud as well... In fact, let's take the assumption of guilty and they have to prove innocence.

So because the other clubs weren't investigated that means Melbourne shouldn't be punished? You're an idiot.

Let's murderers off too because police didn't investigate everyone else for murder so we don't know if they were really benefiting. Get off it you f**king moron.

Also please point out which high quality players Melbourne bought from other clubs in the NRL.

Perhaps you could re-read my statement because I also mentioned that they could keep high quality players. Every other club has to abide by the same rules - only Melbourne were caught.

But let's forget the ability to sign more depth to cover injuries as well or the fact they could offer more money for the same amount of players... They were just paying them what they were worth. f**k off.

I bump this thread because it's proof that Melbourne were unfairly dealt with last year and in hope to educate some Sydney club supporters. :D

They were caught cheating. Not unfairly dealt with.

I'm happy to see Melbourne going well this year, and I've always enjoyed watching Melbourne play especially back in 1999.

How about we educate dumb Melbourne f**ks like you - it isn't ok to cheat the competition. You get caught, you will be punished. Deal with that and get the f**k over it you sad excuse for a rugby league fan.

POPEYE

Coach
I would love to the storm beat the dragons in a knock out final. That would be too funny. The Merge fans would go bezerk on these boards.

That's unfair to a team that's still waiting to win a fair dinkum 'grand' final. Benny won't be happy unless he wins a comp that included the Dragon's nemesis. Better be this year or not at all.

Butters

Bench
That comment alone is degrading to all Rugby League fans. If anything the "Real Fans" are still waiting for an apology from Melbourne, Bellamy, Slater, Inglis, Smith & anyone else involved.
Its merkins like you that hurt the sport.

Any proof that the coach or players were aware of the "cheating"? No? Yeah that's right.
:cool:

You should be thanking the Melbourne Storm for giving you the privilege of being able to see the greatest ever rugby league team assembled in your lifetime. i know i'm thankful for what they've done for rugby league. :D

Butters

Bench
This Victorian Butters needs to drop the Victim mentality and realise the only people who f**ked over the storm were the storm themselves.

Resorting to insults now? I suppose that's all you have left when all your "arguments" continually get ripped apart.

They cheated. They got caught. They pay the price. It is such a cop out that they try to use the 'but everyone else is doing it' line. Good luck using that with getting a speeding fine!

They cheated like many teams before them, yet unlike the many teams before them who had cheated the Melbourne Storm were subject to punishments that had never been handed out before. That in itself is a gross miscarriage of justice.

You're speeding fine analogy is as laughable as all your others. The only way for that scenario to resemble what happened to the Melbourne Storm would be for someone to be caught speeding a few k's over the limit and then given a 5 years in gaol while everyone else gets off with a fine.

Last edited:

Butters

Bench
They had an extra advantage over the opposition - it's as simple as that.

No proof.

Or perhaps you would like it explained in another way - the current legal system takes the mental capacity or intent into consideration. Considering the actions and intent of the Storm cheating the cap was much more serious than the Bulldogs it could not be punished in the same way. Not to mention the Bulldogs had not been winning premierships whilst cheating.

The bulldogs broke the cap to actively steal players from other clubs they would have never been able to afford. Melbourne broke it to keep players that they had brought up through their own systems.

If anything what the bulldogs did was far worse.

But there is proof that they cheated. Perhaps we should have everyone investigated for tax fraud just to make sure they are committing fraud as well... In fact, let's take the assumption of guilty and they have to prove innocence.

So because the other clubs weren't investigated that means Melbourne shouldn't be punished? You're an idiot.

Let's murderers off too because police didn't investigate everyone else for murder so we don't know if they were really benefiting. Get off it you f**king moron.

Perhaps you could re-read my statement because I also mentioned that they could keep high quality players. Every other club has to abide by the same rules - only Melbourne were caught.

But let's forget the ability to sign more depth to cover injuries as well or the fact they could offer more money for the same amount of players... They were just paying them what they were worth. f**k off.

They were caught cheating. Not unfairly dealt with.

I'm happy to see Melbourne going well this year, and I've always enjoyed watching Melbourne play especially back in 1999.

How about we educate dumb Melbourne f**ks like you - it isn't ok to cheat the competition. You get caught, you will be punished. Deal with that and get the f**k over it you sad excuse for a rugby league fan.

No point in responding to any of that drivel, if you think any of that you're already to far gone. I feel sorry for you if you actually think that's an intelligent response.

ratsack2

Juniors
Actually I disagree, Melbourne are a cheating disgrace, they wouldnt be where they are now if it wasnt for the years of cheating and building up this team, there should of been a way of calculating the gains over the years eg extra sponsor $$$ training facilitys and support staff because of these eatra dollars of winning with a cheating team and then they should of been punished even more serverely. instead they get rid of 1 fat out of form slob to south sydney and then its back to business as usual

ratsack2

Juniors
Any proof that the coach or players were aware of the "cheating"? No? Yeah that's right.
:cool:

You should be thanking the Melbourne Storm for giving you the privilege of being able to see the greatest ever rugby league team assembled in your lifetime. i know i'm thankful for what they've done for rugby league. :D

if you think that the coach or players were not aware of the cheating then you are as deluded as the next storm supporter.

greatest team ever assembled, paaaalease, you are the bigest fool on this forum

bottle

Coach
That's unfair to a team that's still waiting to win a fair dinkum 'grand' final. Benny won't be happy unless he wins a comp that included the Dragon's nemesis. Better be this year or not at all.

Already done. Best legal team won last year against all of the legal opposition.
Best illegal team had their Premierships stripped.
Bennett's a lot happier than you are, he doesn't have an axe to grind. Your mob's been stripped of their cheating Premierships.
Bennett's legacy stands forever, whilst you're just a sad bitter old troll masquerading as a fan of of the game, oh and 'coaches'.

POPEYE

Coach
Already done. Best legal team won last year against all of the legal opposition.
Best illegal team had their Premierships stripped.
Bennett's a lot happier than you are, he doesn't have an axe to grind. Your mob's been stripped of their cheating Premierships.
Bennett's legacy stands forever, whilst you're just a sad bitter old troll masquerading as a fan of of the game, oh and 'coaches'.

You are a marvel sonny. If you were sent into a shed for a left-handed screwdriver you'd dig around for hours

bottle

Coach
Oh look, Popeye comes back with a cliche.
Interesting you mentioned a tool. There's a synergy there.

snoozer

Bench
Actually I disagree, Melbourne are a cheating disgrace, they wouldnt be where they are now if it wasnt for the years of cheating and building up this team, there should of been a way of calculating the gains over the years eg extra sponsor $$$ training facilitys and support staff because of these eatra dollars of winning with a cheating team and then they should of been punished even more serverely. instead they get rid of 1 fat out of form slob to south sydney and then its back to business as usual
:clap:

Raider_69

Post Whore
I don't think anyone is upset Melbourne are playing well?

i agree with everything you say, melbourne got what was coming to them, they cheated and paid the price
but i do think there will be a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouths if the storm go on and win the comp this year

personally i just love watching them play footy, they are so good and so entertaining.

i agree with everything you say, melbourne got what was coming to them, they cheated and paid the price
but i do think there will be a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouths if the storm go on and win the comp this year

personally i just love watching them play footy, they are so good and so entertaining.

Siege mentality once again in full effect...if people are going to whinge this year if Storm win the comp then so be it but I will defend the club to the hilt...it will be a legitimate premiership.

Latest posts