What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne must still be cheating the cap

RockWheel

Bench
I still have massive LOL's when I see the whinging faces of Bellamy and Cameron 'triple contract' $mith when the grub was ruled out of the 2008 grand final. Although it is a shame, I would have loved the merkin to be a part of the $torm$ record streak of three consecutive grand final losses :lol:

What?

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Thanks for reminding me why I hate the storm,

because of their arrogant fans.

While I am entitled to agree I think you should't say that about all of them because I know a lot of them (I do live in Melbourne anyway) and most of them are actually very nice people Yes I do come across a few idiots and a-holes at times but they don't give me much trouble and pretty good people. As it is I support the Warriors first and many of the Storm fans who know I do are very polite about it and never give me any stick over who I support

POPEYE

Coach
See where Slater's signed for life. Smith and Cronk will probably join him after '13 and other champions that Melbourne foster will keep the ball rolling for many years.

Ironic that the Storm really have no need to win 'grand' finals. With the Melbourne/Sydney rivalry the way it is all the Storm have to concentrate on is home games.

Since their supporters can say that for many years they have paid admission to see their team and very rarely come away disappointed, it matters not what shit is thrown at them.

Billy and the best will more than likely have been given the assurance that at career's end there will be a pot at the end of the rainbow in some form.

Without doubt similar to what other great one-club players have experienced over the years without having to undergo 'Red Faces' as in '11.

The most embarrassing part of the whole thing for Melbourne supporters is that although their club is the greatest of the modern era on the field they have won the spoon in the competition to conceal skulduggery

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors
But in 20 years when you are dead and buried popeye, no one will remember their "greatness" if they dont win a title, they will only be remembered for the biggest act of cheating in australias sporting history and leaving 2007 +09 as blank years.

POPEYE

Coach
But in 20 years when you are dead and buried popeye, no one will remember their "greatness" if they dont win a title, they will only be remembered for the biggest act of cheating in australias sporting history and leaving 2007 +09 as blank years.

Only by people who want to remember it that way.

180 degrees the other way the Storm will be remembered as the greatest team of at least one decade so
far that refused to let a governing body use a rule that was designed to stop clubs poaching players from
a struggling club as a means of self gratification.

If anyone believes that all cheats get caught then by all means they can interpret the record books as
they would the bible. To me the bible is just another best seller

Hutty1986

Immortal
Only by people who want to remember it that way.

180 degrees the other way the Storm will be remembered as the greatest team of at least one decade so
far that refused to let a governing body use a rule that was designed to stop clubs poaching players from
a struggling club as a means of self gratification.

If anyone believes that all cheats get caught then by all means they can interpret the record books as
they would the bible. To me the bible is just another best seller

:lol::lol: You are a senile old man. Storm have one premiership and have achieved nothing since 1999, that's the reality pops

_Johnsy

Referee
Popeye

Honestly mate, Get your head out of the sand.

Melbourne in the years you allude to Melbourne obtained an advantage by systematically cheating. They had success but the cheated to achieve it. That is how "most" sports fans will remember it. Just because a minority don't agree with it (storm fans only).

They cheated = fact. You really need to move on. If someone brings up that fact you have two choices,
1 - Ignore it
2 - Accept it happened and acknowledge it.

bottle

Coach
Wasting your time arguing logic here Johnsy. Popeye is pro cheating, so he thinks the Cheats did no wrong.
They'll be remembered for ripping a fissure in the game over a number of years. They certainly won't be remembered as the 'greatest team of the decade'. Far from it. A joke to even suggest it.
Many Cheats fans are accepting and sensible. It's only a couple of knobs who are knobs, as with most supporter bases.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Good comeback

Because "and you're a redneck" is some real witty repartee is it old fella?

You're living in a fantasy world, the Storm may as well not have existed from 05-10, they were balatantly rorting the salary cap and paid the price.

They will never be mentioned in any 'team of the decade' calculations because they have done nothing this decade. I'm sure living in your medicated and deluded fantasy world is easier to handle but you need a dose of reality.

thorson1987

Coach
Popeye

Melbourne in the years you allude to Melbourne obtained an advantage by systematically cheating. They had success but the cheated to achieve it. That is how "most" sports fans will remember it. Just because a minority don't agree with it (storm fans only).

They cheated = fact. You really need to move on. If someone brings up that fact you have two choices,
1 - Ignore it

I agree with the punishments. At first I was filthy about it but then I remembered that the game (not just the NRL but all leagues) come first.

IF we win this year I'll be stoked that we have another premiership and the feeling will be alot greater then that of 07 and 09.

Btw Popeye, get away from your computer you senile old fool.

POPEYE

Coach
Popeye

1 - Ignore it

This is worth a reply. I have never not acknowledged the fact that Melbourne cheated, nor could anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

Aside from winding up people who don't like Melbourne I like to reinforce the fact that a lot of teams 'cheat' without getting caught.

Most genuine league supporters are bipartisan because they hate the fact that Melbourne cheated but at the same time realise they never poached from another team to do it.

Aside from the fact that they overpaid apprentices when they became tradesmen they still have the ability to continue on in the same manner no matter what rules and petty jealousies are levelled at them.

The Storm can do little more for their supporters than what they do by winning at home. In this alone they are the greatest team of the decade.

They also supply the nucleus of the greatest SOO team ever. The way the modern game is played is directly accountable to the Storm and is how the Dragons win their games.

But most of all I like winding up my definition of rednecks . . . people who steadfastly refuse to walk in another man's shoes. You don't fit the bill I'm sure.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Most genuine league supporters are bipartisan because they hate the fact that Melbourne cheated but at the same time realise they never poached from another team to do it.

^^ A completely irrelevant point, and one that is often pushed by the unrepentant Storm fans among us (ie tools like Butters). It matters not that they didn't actively poach players from other clubs, when the simple fact remains that they kept their star players "off the market" by paying them illegally while other clubs were forced to watch players go to rival clubs due to salary cap constraints.

betcats

Referee
This is worth a reply. I have never not

QUOTE]

Means nothing, teams are forced to loose promising juniors due to the salary cap all the time, Melbourne is no different.

Latest posts