What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne must still be cheating the cap

Evenflow

Bench
LOL i can't believe even after all this time that people still get sucked into the blatantly obvious trolling of Butters :lol:

Though fair play to him, as long as people keep biting then why wouldn't he keep doing it to amuse himself and others. As mentioned, with (some) respect to the teams we've played i don't think the Storm have come up against any of the genuine contenders yet and there'll be much bigger challenges ahead. That said you can only beat who's in front of you so i'm not complaining about the start.

Tommax25

Bench
Apart from the JJ Giltinan Shield and a whole bunch of butthurt fans of teams who got rolled that year by the greatest rugby league team to play the game.

They weren't minor premiers at any time during those years. All the storm has to remember those days of dominance is two grand final losses :lol:

eozsmiles

Bench
It's just 4 rounds into the season and the greatest rugby league team to play the game (Melbourne) have already established themselves as the clear leaders of the competition. They're destroying any team who dares to cross their path.

However as we all know such success and stellar performances can only be due to one thing and one thing only... Cheating the cap.

I mean how else could they be on top of the competition ladder? Or maybe, just maybe all the success that the greatest rugby league team to play the game experienced during 06-09 was a result of a team with a superior culture and greater dedication to their jobs than the rest of the teams in the comp.

In 2011 it was proven that no matter what roster Melbourne have they'll still top the comp, as in that noteworthy year they were run away minor premiers with a team completely gutted the year before. A team made up of rejects and players brought out of retirement.

So now on behalf of the greatest rugby league team to ever play the game, I will now be accepting apologies from those of you who wrongfully discredited Melbourne's achievements of 06-09 due to their "cheating". I hope now that those which chose not to apologise last year have seen the errors of your ways after 2011. :cool:

Besides playing great footy in the first 4 rounds they have opposed Titans, Roosters, Raiders, and Souths. Those teams have a combined record of something like 5-11 so far this year.

The Storm haven't been tested yet but it should be good when they do, maybe round six away against the Cowboys will be their first big game.

bottle

Coach
I think it's admirable of Butters to acknowledge in the thread title that Melbourne were cheating the cap. In other words, that they are the Cheats.

It was well established last year that the Cheats weren't over the cap in 2011. After all, that's why they failed so miserably when it came to the real test. 'Donuts' Bellamy and the 'Big Three' can only achieve real results when they have an enormous cap advantage. Otherwise they end up falling at the last hurdle.

So no we can't be sure they aren't 'still' cheating the cap. It all depends on end results this year. Obviously if they win the Premmy (would be Bellamy's first) then they would have to be cheating the cap again, as it's clearly the only way Kripsy Kreme man can get results.

eozsmiles

Bench
Apart from the JJ Giltinan Shield and a whole bunch of butthurt fans of teams who got rolled that year by the greatest rugby league team to play the game.

You must be talking about that St George team from when they won 11 or 12 premierships in a row.

Butters

Bench
They weren't minor premiers at any time during those years. All the storm has to remember those days of dominance is two grand final losses :lol:

O46T3.jpg

A5VCa.jpg

oX9Xw.jpg

aargon

Even with an average roster this team still manages to produce the goods. Must be something in the water over there.

Wonder if they will dominate and repeat their minor premiership win this year. And then when the elite teams shift up a gear for the finals, they can't and repeat their top 8 elimination.

LESStar58

Referee
FFS Butters: can't you just leave well enough alone?

Haters will always hate. If the Storm win the comp it will still be considered "tainted" by opposition supporters. We know we will never win the argument no matter our accolades because some people will never be satisfied or will still find SOMETHING to complain about.. Most Storm fans have moved on even if others have not. Let's just get on with playing good footy. Cannot wait for the Smith-Buderus hostilities to resume on Friday!

POPEYE

Coach
Had to ask my missus who were the players I didn't recognise in the Storm's romp over the Roosters . . . I must take more notice of the newcomers in the game and not just the coach

Latest posts