What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne must still be cheating the cap

thespeckledhen

Juniors
This thread reeks of jealous butthurt that the Storm are still dominating. The reason the jealousy occurs is because the fact is the Storm are Victorian and the NSW supporters cannot cope that they are being outclassed by a CVictorian team.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Ah Yes. I still remember the backlash and abuse I got from the NSW folk after the 1999 grand final. Especially from the St George fans.

That was 1999. Now the 'butthurt' as you call it is because the storm cheated and robbed other sides of legitimate premierships and for a short time ruined the reputation of the NRL.

thespeckledhen

Juniors
The storm only robbed other sides of legitimate premierships because the top sides fell over. For example in 2009, the Storm couldn't help that the top 3 teams fell over to an 8th placed Parramatta for example when they were clearly superior sides and should have won .

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The storm only robbed other sides of legitimate premierships because the top sides fell over. For example in 2009, the Storm couldn't help that the top 3 teams fell over to an 8th placed Parramatta for example when they were clearly superior sides and should have won .

They were a million dollars over the cap.

Butters

Bench

Finally a Melbourne fan with some common sense!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yes but they still weren't the superior side as seen by the fact there were three sides above them after h and a.

The home and away season is about winning enough games to get you into the finals. From there the best team wins. I'll leave it at that because I'll be damned if I'm going to teach rugby league 101.

thespeckledhen

Juniors
I agree with you however there is an expectation and a general belief that the top sides should outperform the lower sides based on their heavy consistent good perfomance.

thorson1987

Coach
Pray tell, what is a real Melbourne fan?

Someone who won't except the fact we cheated not just the other 15 NRL teams,but there fans.

I'm sick of all the f**king whingeing from people who can't except the fact we got what we deserved.

I'll admit i was a bit shitty when it happened but ive moved on.

We won the Minor Premiership last year and i am hoping we will go all the way this year. (provided we dont meet the Warriors in the finals.)

oldmancraigy

Coach
I mean how else could they be coming 1st on the ladder?

It's almost as if the amount players are paid has absolutely no effect on how they perform on the field, and that Melbourne's dominance from 06-09 was a result of a team with a superior culture and greater dedication to their jobs than the rest of the teams in the comp.

So now on behalf of the Melbourne Storm i'll be accepting apologies from those of you who wrongfully discredited Melbourne's achievements of 06-09 due to their "cheating". :cool:

Oh and please note that this is a "troll free" thread so please try to keep the discourse in this thread civil. :)

You are aware they cheated to get an awesome "spine" together?

If you hadn't cheated, you wouldn't have Smith. Without Smith, you wouldn't currently be first.
Smith stayed because he earned his money over 5 years (illegally) and can now relax and earn "normal" good cash!

Can't take the Storm seriously as "non-cheaters" until the "big 3" that you cheated to get together [and have already had massive paydays] are finally gone.

Having said all that: no doubt you've got great systems, great coaching and are well run and well drilled.

some11

Referee
Someone who won't except the fact we cheated not just the other 15 NRL teams,but there fans.

I'm sick of all the f**king whingeing from people who can't except the fact we got what we deserved.

I'll admit i was a bit shitty when it happened but ive moved on.

We won the Minor Premiership last year and i am hoping we will go all the way this year. (provided we dont meet the Warriors in the finals.)

I was asking Butters, not you humble and modest legitimate supporters ;-)

I bet hes the type of fan who storms (lol) out of the stadium when they're about to lose, if he even goes to games.

StormHi

Juniors
Butters is not a fan or a person I would want to be associated with I and other "real storm fans" have asked not to lump us in with him.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Yes but they still weren't the superior side as seen by the fact there were three sides above them after h and a.

All valid points made completely irrelevant by the fact that they cheated the cap and not by a small amount. That Melbourne side should not have even existed.

FMD are you Butter's cousin?

POPEYE

Coach
Congrats on being a troll. No doubt the biggest achievement of your miserable little life.

Who follows who around this forum. I don't have to be a troll sweetie . . . you come to me 99% of the time and even then you bring your own benign audience

firechild

First Grade

Care to explain away 2007? Manly finished above all legitimate sides in 2007, finishing the season 6 points clear of their nearest rival and won all the finals matches they played against legitimate sides. How did the Storm not rob Manly of a premiership in 2007?

Latest posts