What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Rebels in $1m bid for Billy Slater & Israel Folau

Panfas

Juniors
They said on the AFL footy show that Folau was a top 5 player in the game, all universally agreed on it. At least we know they really don't watch rugby league.

Folau would be lucky to make the top 50 list let alone the top 5

Smiley

Bench
There won't be any word on Folau decision from the club till the post match interview tonight.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Just the nice way of saying he is gone but we don't want everyone to know till after we lose tonight!

Eels Dude

Coach
Folau is a great player but I won't miss watching him play if he leaves. He does what he does very well but he's not a flashy player like a Thurston, Hayne, Slater or Inglis. Watching players jump high to catch bombs isn't that exciting to me.

aarondoyle

Juniors
I hope Falou the giant moron goes to Union, not AFL. Last thing we need is AFL getting a leg up in Western Sydney.

Brutus

Referee
how many other 21yr olds in the NRL have played 7 tests for their country and 5 origins for their state as well as score 50 odd tries?

Yes, but he's not one of the elite superstars.

Any Broncos fan could have told you that Folau's signing was a complete waste of money. He's a winger who can jump high for bombs. Nothing more.

He let the option lapse.

Talk is its so he can play rep footy and let more offers come in, as now he's a free agent.

If he wants to stay with the Broncos, he has to sign a brand new contract and risk them spending the salary cap on others leaving him with less.

To me this signals that he definately wants to leave RL.

The reports about AFL are unconfirmed, everyone from his manager to the AFL CEO have not confirmed them. The manager he is with also did Hunt, and said that everyone is linking his players with AFL since then.

Seems like a kick league in the guts move by some prankster AFL people to fill in a spot on a show and add hype to AFL at the expence of league

My money is on Falou announcing after the rep period. But I hope they dont pick him anyway. It could move from here and pick up speed with the AFL in a real sense, but I think right now it would seem he is headed for Union, as they are the only ones known to be putting any kind of offer to him and with the help of the ARU.

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
IMHO Folau is a less than honest money grabbing creep.

1. He says left Melbourne to be with his family - BS he went there for more money (why else is he courting the GWS and Melbourne Rebels)..

2. He suddenly announces what a great game AFL is.

3.He leaves himself open to the best offer from AFL and Union at a time when his side is going crap -the potential to hurt the morale of his Club is manifest and obvious.

The situation now is as his Club goes down the gurgler he becomes a human headline courting two other codes of football to see who will throw him the most money.

If its true he has delayed the decision until the end of the Rep season then there is no way he should be allowed to play SOO or Test Football.

He is setting a terrible example by his behavior and to be frank I am sick of assholes like him praising God (yeah sure) and worshipping Manna.

What pisses me off about him is that he is a hyprocrite who three years ago said he was going to temporarily leave Footy to knock on doors and bore us all sh*tless with his so called religious values.

Well as far as I can see he has no values other then the mighty dollar.

He can piss off to Union or AFL. ON recent evidence they can have him. Plenty more where he came from.

Latest posts