What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Rebels in $1m bid for Billy Slater & Israel Folau

Shorty

Staff member
I hope he doesn't get picked for Queensland, if he's not staying with Brisbane he ain't staying in League.
What a coward, wants to turn his back on League but still play Rep footy....can't have it both ways.

Not a fan of Folau, greedy b*stard.

parano1a

Juniors
I was a massive fan of Folau as a Storm player, but I'd rather see him playing for the Rebels than Broncos anyday...

stormbati

Bench
That sort of money is hard to ignore though. I think other players are getting in his ear.
I think they deserve as much as they can get because theyre the best at what they do, but it is sad our game cant match what others are offering.

ironhorse

Juniors
The AFL are making a joke of themselves throwing money at players like Folau . He will go to the rebels , for $800k per ann and then of course he will come crawling back to league after 5 or 6 years . Folau is another Morman like Hannant , make of that what you will .Seeing as everyone wants concessions for this and that,maybe there should be salary cap concessions for Mormans too as they have to tithe 10% of income . :crazy:

GCR

Juniors
No, he said that the NRL forced him out, which is correct. The NRL has set the salary cap at a level that means our clubs cannot match the offers given to players by other codes, forcing them out.

Loudstrat

Coach
No, he said that the NRL forced him out, which is correct. The NRL has set the salary cap at a level that means our clubs cannot match the offers given to players by other codes, forcing them out.
No, the NRL has laws preventing stupid twats with too much money wasting it on injury prone hacks.

He'll be in a Panthers jumper before he is 25.

_Johnsy

Referee
I know if advised my employer that was walking to join a competitor at the years end. I would certainly not be rewarded (external training, professional development etc).

I think this falls into the stiff shyte basket, suck it up Izzy.

Paullyboy

Coach
If you're going - just go. Then we can go back to not hearing about Union or AFL again for another year or so (untill they realise they need to get some attention from the QLD and NSW media and start chasing another league player - as we all know that is the only way they can get their sport into the media up here)

gronkathon

First Grade
So be it in the end.

The AFL will learn the hard was just like the ARU that you waste alot of money and cause a great deal of disenchantment amongst your junior base.

The ARU will give no assistance to the Rebels to assist getting Israel.

Latest posts