What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Rebels in $1m bid for Billy Slater & Israel Folau

MsStorm

Bench
So much for wanting to leave the Storm to head back to Q'ld for family reasons.:?
And everyone is making up excuses that he's just a kid. Right, a kid with his head screwed on the right way.

NRL > Dumb as sh*t!

beads6

First Grade
The Bronocs have been raped over this.. Good luck Izzy I am sure you will enjoy Yawnion.

Brutus

Referee
The Broncos will be secretly happy Folau is gone.

Look at all the talent on market now - Thurston, Storm players, Tate, Hannant, Petero.

Pick and choose the ones you want guys. Wouldn't be surprised if Thurston is holding off to see what Izzy was doing.

They'd be nuts not to go hard for Slater.

beads6

First Grade
Forget Tate, Broncos need a left centre not another right centre!! Going for Thurston would be interesting but wouldn't happen.

Perth Red

Post Whore
not good for the game though, and def not good for the Storm in terms of giving RU a leg up in its profile.

Dazraider

Juniors
good on him as he wants the cash for his family and the scammers in his church that brain wash people into handing over cash

JW

Coach
The Broncos will be secretly happy Folau is gone.

This.

Some decent talent can now be retained and recruited after the cattle we seemed to let go in pursiut of Izzy and the farting around with Fumblemichael's contract.

Still would've preferred he remained in League though. Union, as it always does, will stifle his talent. Catching more colds than footys, etc.

gronkathon

First Grade
Thats true. With the amount of young talent bought through the Brisbane ranks this season it would be good to see them use Israels money to retain the ones they want

redvscotty

First Grade
I still stand by the view that Folau was considering relinking with the Storm (and the brown paper boats) until the cap rort got out.

So much for family. f**k off to Union.

JW

Coach
Thats true. With the amount of young talent bought through the Brisbane ranks this season it would be good to see them use Israels money to retain the ones they want

And it should be a fair bit of coin too, given it was reported that Izzy's contract was back-end heavy. That frees up some good cap space for the next 2 seasons.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He'll go ok I reckon. Wingers don;t do alot of work so will be an easy ride for him. Don;t blame him. Lets be honest Rebels are signing him to raise their profile and get more attention more than any earth shattering influence level on the field. They don't want to steal any Storm players because of the potential backlash from possible duel Storm/Rebel fans but Issy gives them a high profile player in melbourne at no risk. No idea how they can find a million to pay him though!

In terms of Storm they will be desperate to keep Slater, Cronk and Smith imo. I can see Blair, Lima, Inglis and Hoffman being the big names they let go.

He'll go ok I reckon. Wingers don;t do alot of work so will be an easy ride for him. Don;t blame him. Lets be honest Rebels are signing him to raise their profile and get more attention more than any earth shattering influence level on the field. They don't want to steal any Storm players because of the potential backlash from possible duel Storm/Rebel fans but Issy gives them a high profile player in melbourne at no risk. No idea how they can find a million to pay him though!

In terms of Storm they will be desperate to keep Slater, Cronk and Smith imo. I can see Blair, Lima, Inglis and Hoffman being the big names they let go.

Call me crazy but i'd let slater go and move Inglis to fullback. IMO he's the best fullback in the comp but doesnt play there.

Slater is a great player no doubt , But compared to Inglis he's a one trick pony.

Latest posts