What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melon's Rankings for 2006

melon....

Coach
The Mighty Panther said:
Melon,

Do you think Finch will see out the 2006 season with the Jets?

The other big question is, will Soward be able to step up this season?
I dont know. I do know the Foff presented a Jets training shirt to Flannery to pass on to Finch.

He is on last legs. If he doesnt make Anasta look ordiary, Soward may get a run, but I reckon Josh Lewis could eclipse both.

One distant option that I hear is a slight possibility...Wing in the 7.

Da FInchy wont see the year out in 1st grade. In fact I predict by round 6 his fate will be sealed.

innsaneink

Referee
melon.... said:
My annual video review. Through th eyear I colate the stats by watching live games and replays. I then use the raw data to manifest wierd and wonderful often meaningless, but sometimes meaningful figures.

Aaah right....thought thered be a reason for the incorrect data.

melon....

Coach
The Mighty Panther said:
:shock:

Really??

:lol:

What was Finch's reaction?
Dont know mate...he wasnt there.....but I will ensure he knows who sent it in Round 1. If he f**ks up against Souths again, I will cane him all the way back to Newcastle!!

melon....

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
I THINK we were top tryscorers. After the final series that is.
Sorry...I should have clarified. The stats are Regular season only. Ill state that at the top of the thread.

And Ill check the Tigers videos again.

Balmain_Boy

You are correct for regular season Melon.

While I don't totally agree with your analysis, it's a top effort there.

Jono078

Referee
I have just done my own rankings in a space of 10 minutes, should I make my own thread or just post it here?

EDIT: Actually here it is... probably doesnt deserve its own thread lol.

Remember only 10 minutes of effort put into it along with some bias. I may edit it one day when I put effort into it.

Predic.jpg

Raider_69

Post Whore
canberras defence should be about 7.5 IMO
our depth at least 7 IMO

past that i think its not too bad

Balmain_Boy

Looks good Jono. Obviously everyone will have an issue with the way you've rated their team, so this isn't aimed at you too specifically.

I don't think our defense is that bad. Everyone cites it as a weakness, but I think it really came on in the last 8 weeks of the year. As a result, it's deceiving to use the year's statistic to make ones assertions (once again, applies for many of the teams) on our defense.

melon....

Coach
Cloud9 said:
Melon, bookmark this post and we should revisit it half way through the season.
Done. But the problem with reviewing mid season is the real contenders havent peaked. Look at Manly...they won the comp in May. Got pole axed and almost missed the 8 in September. But for a laugh we'll take a peek in 5 or so months.

yobbo84

Coach
melon.... said:
League Fans,

Ive compiled last years statistics, applied a couple of my patent factoring algorithms that take into account on field discipline, ref favouritism, and recruitment and have come up with my 2006 Rankings.

Note: Stats are based on Regular season games (rounds 1-26) only.

Here are some of the key elements that contributed to the overall ranking.

Attack - Tries scored. Self explanitory.
strike.gif

Souths scored 84 tries, not 74.
Raiders scored 80, not 89.
Bulldogs scored 78, not 82.

I can't really be bothered checking the rest. I'd consult the official statistics if I were you because some of your numbers are way off.

15. Rabbitohs - To think if it wasnt for the Dogs in 2002, and the Knights horrid injury toll lst year, they would be going onto their 6th spoon in a row. The Phone Chucker's money wont make one difference....as long as George is there.

Ahh... it would be 5th not 6th. Anyways, Canterbury cheated, and were it not for Newcastle's injury toll, Canberra would've come last.

melon....

Coach
yobbo84 said:
Souths scored 84 tries, not 74.
Raiders scored 80, not 89.
Bulldogs scored 78, not 82.

I can't really be bothered checking the rest. I'd consult the official statistics if I were you because some of your numbers are way off.

Ahh... it would be 5th not 6th. Anyways, Canterbury cheated, and were it not for Newcastle's injury toll, Canberra would've come last.
Those 3 were so bad, especially Souths, that adding 20 tries to their tally barely effects their ranking. Why do you think its so embarassing losing to Souths?

nqboy

First Grade
I guess the algorithms for your indexes would have to be examined to judge their accuracy.

I haven't checked all Jono's rankings but his system is as good as any.

Still good work though Melon.

wittyfan

Referee
Jono078 said:
I have just done my own rankings in a space of 10 minutes, should I make my own thread or just post it here?

Remember only 10 minutes of effort put into it along with some bias. I may edit it one day when I put effort into it.

Predic.jpg

What the hell is the X-Factor?

Kiwi

First Grade
Jono078 said:

Predic.jpg

I only have two issures with it

Broncos have as much depth as any team in the comp, and the Knights X-Factor isn't 10, more 9ish, they only have Johns and Buderus then nothing.

wittyfan

Referee
Focal Point said:
Isn't that a terrible Australian Idol wannabe bootleg show?

Yes. Perhaps it's a musical rating. Wests Tigers and Parramatta both have musicians in their team and scored highly.