What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Member Information Evening - May 16

SAP58

Juniors
I am a Red V member but didnt register in time for tonight (thought i had until Friday night not Thursday night) does anyone know if will we be able to get a link to listen in ? Thanks

Mojo

Bench
I cant believe that none of the players knew what could possibly happen to him, maybe yes they weren't informed but they knew his head was on the chopping block.
Of course they all knew along with the other 7.9 billion people on earth. Far from being a secret, it's been broadcast and discussed in public for months on end. When the time comes, obviously you don't tell everyone else before the individual involved; that would be truly unprofessional.

denis preston

First Grade
Only 50 people there ! There was 5 times that at kogarah last year, interesting? Good presentation, club looking even better financially. Open to the fans some good questions but some statements rather than questions and then the same morons repeated their manta later( because there was only 50to choose from ) Others on zoom may see it differently so over to you.

Eastview

Juniors
I was on Zoom...couldn't make it to Wollongong in time. They should of had 2 sessions in both Wollongong and Kogarah but they seemed happy enough to hide down there.

I don't think they even answered any questions from Zoom apart from 1 which is disappointing.

There was some good questions and answers but Lancaster was disappointing with his input. Doesn't seem like he is fit for his role but then again neither did the other 2 but Lancaster was the most disappointing

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Only 50 people there ! There was 5 times that at kogarah last year, interesting? Good presentation, club looking even better financially. Open to the fans some good questions but some statements rather than questions and then the same morons repeated their manta later( because there was only 50to choose from ) Others on zoom may see it differently so over to you.
That there were only 50 people was a surprise to me too. Agree, turning around the finances is a big thing. I thought there were some very good fan questions, and unfortunately quite a few platitudinal answers from the committee.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I was on Zoom...couldn't make it to Wollongong in time. They should of had 2 sessions in both Wollongong and Kogarah but they seemed happy enough to hide down there.

I don't think they even answered any questions from Zoom apart from 1 which is disappointing.

There was some good questions and answers but Lancaster was disappointing with his input. Doesn't seem like he is fit for his role but then again neither did the other 2 but Lancaster was the most disappointing
They had a session last year at Kogarah and said the next one will be in Wollongong, they will take it in turns.

qld redvee

Juniors
To me ( on zoom) you hope that what was said gets acted on or put in place and we therefore once again be successful. seems like they have admitted that they have indeed made decisions that have failed. however some answers were a bit airy fairy and it was disappointing that there was only 1 question read out from the zoom participants . We really due need a very strong GM that can handle the media etc so I hope shane richardson can be brought onboard ( although thay was somewhat squashed by andrew lancaster ) Was interesting to know that we are at least financially looking good
anyway fingers crossed for some positive news moving forward

I was on Zoom-i dont think any questions from Zoom were answered. If they were, who read them out, because we couldn't see who asked questions. There was certainly some anger in the crowd, and a few guys were very passionate. The board looked very uncomfortable with quite a few of the speakers and Matt Elliot tried to calm a few down a bit, and limit what they had to say. They talked a lot about how things were going blah blah blah, but everyone knew what we were there for and what answers we wanted. As far as accountability for selecting 3 dud coaches in a row, there was none. They just sat there and pretended it wasnt them. One guy even made it a direct question, and still it wasnt answered. I was cranky no Zoom questions were answered but i dont think the crew there knew how to make it happen. When they were asked why our website was so out of date as regards to NRLW, they couldnt answer, or worse werent even aware of it and just blamed an overworked IT dept. The guy who asked that question then pointed out that it was small things like that , that make all the difference and we really have to try harder.However i came away with a renewed hope for the future, and think things will hopefully improve from now on with correct team selection maybe happening. The comp is compressed enough that we can still dream of finals football if our team decides to try and do it. I guess we'll find out friday night. Please,please ,please get some revenge on the cheating chooks after Anzac Day

Gardenia

Juniors
I was on Zoom-i dont think any questions from Zoom were answered. If they were, who read them out, because we couldn't see who asked questions. There was certainly some anger in the crowd, and a few guys were very passionate. The board looked very uncomfortable with quite a few of the speakers and Matt Elliot tried to calm a few down a bit, and limit what they had to say. They talked a lot about how things were going blah blah blah, but everyone knew what we were there for and what answers we wanted. As far as accountability for selecting 3 dud coaches in a row, there was none. They just sat there and pretended it wasnt them. One guy even made it a direct question, and still it wasnt answered. I was cranky no Zoom questions were answered but i dont think the crew there knew how to make it happen. When they were asked why our website was so out of date as regards to NRLW, they couldnt answer, or worse werent even aware of it and just blamed an overworked IT dept. The guy who asked that question then pointed out that it was small things like that , that make all the difference and we really have to try harder.However i came away with a renewed hope for the future, and think things will hopefully improve from now on with correct team selection maybe happening. The comp is compressed enough that we can still dream of finals football if our team decides to try and do it. I guess we'll find out friday night. Please,please ,please get some revenge on the cheating chooks after Anzac Day
wow
bit of an insight into why the club is a disaster right there