What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership drive not working

Bring back choc

Juniors
I read with interest a few days ago some progress figures of 2010 memberships.... we are not doing very well at all compared with other clubs. I am not sure why. Great coach, Dell doing his best as an ambassador...what's doing?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Uhm, most clubs released packages at the immediate conclusion of the season, Saints only two weeks ago, if that.

Saint Doc

Coach
our packages were only just launched a week or two ago. Souths, by contrast, started selling in late September, so have a 2 month headstart. The dogs also launched before us and were in the 4-5000 members range i believe by the time we kicked off.

Ray Parlour

Juniors
Another issue is that the first 7 homes games are not played at kogarah.

My guess would be that a fair few fans who are only getting kogarah tickets are waiting till mid season next year.

I no myself this season only bought my season pass a couple of days before the sharkies game in round 3 this year.

Plus I hate to say it but we seem to have a lot of fairweather fans....probably waiting to see how we go in the new season before committing.

Timmah

Staff member
Your packages only just went on sale ffs! It's not "not working" as claimed. Stupid thread.

cussy

Juniors
Timmah has nailed it one post the packages and prices were sent out just recently. I have to admit though they should be sending it out earlier, too many cost just before Christmas although I noticed they have a payment plan this year where you can pay in installments.

The Preacher

First Grade
With Saints, it doesn't matter when they start selling them. You're lucky to get your passes etc until a week before the first game.
It's the same every year and probably wont change this year.
I still think we'll have 10k members by the time Kogarah comes into play. They're the last to put the packages together, I think Kogarah is the dearest (if not it's right up there) and we're the last to get the cards. Totally inept.

Morrow

Juniors
Timmah has nailed it one post the packages and prices were sent out just recently. I have to admit though they should be sending it out earlier, too many cost just before Christmas although I noticed they have a payment plan this year where you can pay in installments.

Guys they couldn't release them any earlier because they didn't know what was happening with WIN Wollongong. Patience all were are the premier club don't forget

Dave Q

Coach
They should start selling them as early as possible as that gives them more time to make sales.

Id say the true beleivers are going to buy a memberships no matter where the team plays.

I think all fans should be members.

Its not widely known but Souths offer membership for free or at a substantial discount, for the poor and disabled etc.

Its not widely known but Souths offer membership for free or at a substantial discount, for the poor and disabled etc.

That's nice of them and is a nice gesture to the disadvantaged, but the question must be asked: how many of their 2010 memberships are given away so far? Are these included in their advertised figures?

Timmah

Staff member
They weren't put on sale at the normal time this year because they couldn't confirm the home game split - due to WIN STADIUM ANNOUNCEMENT!

Are people f**king thick?

big pat

Coach
talking to a couple of supporters on sat, they said we were given to 31st dec to repurchase their seating for both grounds, which is fair enough if you want your seat you need to get in early, but for g/a members i don't see a need to rush in, its not likely they will sell out.

elevenstraight

Juniors
With Saints, it doesn't matter when they start selling them. You're lucky to get your passes etc until a week before the first game.
It's the same every year and probably wont change this year.
I still think we'll have 10k members by the time Kogarah comes into play. They're the last to put the packages together, I think Kogarah is the dearest (if not it's right up there) and we're the last to get the cards. Totally inept.

Yep thats right, I signed up, and had my bank account debited almost immediately, but still haven't even received a password for the redv section on the wed page yet. I signed up approx 4 weeks ago. I have sent an email and the reply was "they are coming out shortly"

Wankers!!

This is the first year I have gotten a membership and its due to the clubs inability to get all their sh*t in the one sock reported by others over the years that I haven't signed up.

Dunno why I did it this year, probably wont be doing it next year

Timmah

Staff member
Yep thats right, I signed up, and had my bank account debited almost immediately, but still haven't even received a password for the redv section on the wed page yet. I signed up approx 4 weeks ago. I have sent an email and the reply was "they are coming out shortly"

Wankers!!

This is the first year I have gotten a membership and its due to the clubs inability to get all their sh*t in the one sock reported by others over the years that I haven't signed up.

Dunno why I did it this year, probably wont be doing it next year

What value is the Red V section of the webpage now? It's the pre-season - that's sort of stuff won't be necessary until early 2010... :?

intercept

Juniors
From the club website...
RENEWAL PROCESS
Current members who wish to renew their 2009 seats will be categorised as a Type 1; current members who wish to relocate or purchase additional seats will be categorised as a Type 2; new applicants will be categorised as a Type 3; and non-ticketed memberships such as Community, Interstate, Country, Scorch or Flames will be categorised as a Type 4. Membership applications will be processed in numerical type and date received order.

elevenstraight, why all the concern at not having received your membership yet?

As a first time applicant as you say you are, then there's obviously going to be a slight delay. All current members need to be renewed first before the club can allocate you your seats for next season.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about in December. So long as my membership arrives prior to the commencement of the season, I'll be happy.