What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memorable moments

taxidriver

Coach
had a magic game playing as the storm the other week.

2 special Slater moments

*an intercept try

* took a bomb in his own in goal, turned stepped a defender and ran 105 metres down the sideline to score in the corner.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
taxidriver said:
* took a bomb in his own in goal, turned stepped a defender and ran 105 metres down the sideline to score in the corner.

And he didn't go back to the 20m for a restart. He must have caught it off the bounce or just outside the in goal.

taxidriver

Coach
sorry, didn't mean to imply it was on the full. The ball bounced behind him, he picked it up in the in goal.

after struggling in a set i got the ball to my kicker hoofed it up field from in my 30. it landed near the sticks just in the ingoal. the wigan player piked it up tackled him about 1 yard out he played the ball i some how intercepted the pass from the play the ball got tackled play got stopped for an injury in back play when play resumed my player was already over the line and all i had to do was bash the score try button.

i thought it was mad any way.

Martli

Coach
Warriors [me] vs. Bulldogs [AI]

Scores were locked 12-12, kicked a feild-goal with about 1 minute to go only to conceed a penalty after the restart right in front of the posts in the last 30sec.

Lost 14-13.

oxenham

Juniors
Me and my friend created a custom team called the Yeppoon Seagulls. I'm in the team playing at halfback with my friend at lock. We played the Roosters on easy or schoolboy (can't remember which coz this was a while ago, as I don't have the game- :x ). The score was something like 224-30, my created player scored about 8 tries (5 or 6 from scrums, I think) and my friend's created player scored about 5 tries. (but my friend was the conversion kicker and got about 25 or 30 goals)
That was pretty memorable beating the Roosters by that much.

Another memorable (probably not for me) moment was when me and my friend (he's not very good, he's not the friend above) were playing my friend (the one above) and my friend's big bro (who's super good). We got smashed like 74-2 or something. We scored a penalty goal at 30 or 40-0 to just get on the board which was very funny at the time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I created an all-star squad, and played the broncoes. as o-o last 20 secs of first half, i scored, the first time i was in their 20. i was hard on defence. 4-0 half time.went out, made it 22-0 to win. that was memorable because there was a flurish of quick 3 tries right from the start of second half.

Playing the game on second highest mode. Roosters missing the 8, that was extremeley memorable and funny!!. Went on to win the season with the mighty warriors!!

oxenham

Juniors
Just beat Broncos with Storm 92-6 :shock: , 20 min game, schoolboy difficulty.
I only lead 30-6 at halftime :shock:

This one I'll go through
Storm (me) v Knights (CPU), legend, 20 minute game

The Knights lead 13-0 at halftime and soon after scored to make it 19-0. But then two Slater efforts (both length of the field) made it 19-12 before Smith went straight through a gaping hole to score and make it 19-18, I kicked a field goal, 19-19, Then with 2 mins to go they get a penalty goal, 21-19, I decide to go for the field goal and Orford got it 20m out right infront, 21-20, then would you believe it with only 10 seconds to go Orford get his 3rd from halfway, 21-21 golden point, then with 10s to go in golden point another halfway effor from Orford wins me the game, 22-21. Orford ended up with 4 field goals.

Anonymous

Juniors
Broncos vs. Roosters 20 min legend.

I was making this out as the grand final for 2004. In the first 10 mins the Broncos were killing the Roosters 18-0. The Roosters then came out and scored 3 tries in 3 mins (Fitz failed to convert 2 of those 3). Thus it was 18-14 with 7 mins to go. The Broncos then hit back with a try to Tate and it looks like it's smooth sailing right?

Wrong Fittler puts on one of the greatest tries I've seen in the game. After the touching 5 sets of hands the ball comes to Fittler who's in a gap with Lokyer kicks ahead, Lokyer seems to have too much pace but the ball rebounds off the posts straiht into the hands of Freddy. 24-20. The Rooster score again and it's 26-24 with only 3 mins left. I'm getting really nervous and start taking risks and one pays off when Tallis makes Minichello knock on and give it to Hunt to score right infront of the posts. 30-26 with 2 mins to go but the Roosters just couldn't get over the line.

Tonie Carrol made 10 tackles in the first half and made heaps load in the second. Hunt picked up 2 tries I think and Lokyer scored the most points.

Storm (me) vs Knights -reserve level

Johns kicks off, Matt King caught the ball and ran a few meters towards the advancing Knights before kicking the ball far ahead with no Knights fulback or wingers at the back. Picked up the ball at the 10 meter line and scores. Repeat three times. Works well with fast runners like Slater.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Thunderstruck said:
Storm (me) vs Knights -reserve level

Johns kicks off, Matt King caught the ball and ran a few meters towards the advancing Knights before kicking the ball far ahead with no Knights fulback or wingers at the back. Picked up the ball at the 10 meter line and scores. Repeat three times. Works well with fast runners like Slater.

Not at the higher difficulty levels.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Bradford (me) and Brisbane (AI) Drawing 28-28.

I led 24-0 at half time, and a field goal attempt from Robbie Paul sailed wide on the siren.

I elect to replay it.

I lead 20-18 at half time thanks to a grubber kick and chase from Deacon after the siren goes. The match is 24 all with mere seconds to go - De Vere from dummy half, 20 metres...Try. Damn! 28-24 Brisbane.

Phillips

Referee
Parramatta (me) vs Souths - 10 minutes, Difficulty: Seasoned (PS2 version)

my parramatta side captained by Corey Pearson at hooker ( #-o ) scored the first try with Fred Peterson crashing over, try converted by Adam Dykes.

the second parramatta try was a great long range sprint, where halfback Tim Smith out ran the fullback to score in the corner, try converted by Dykes.

at 12-0 two parramatta players were sent to the sin bin for high tackles :x
South took adventage and scored three quick tries through both MacDougall brothers and Shane Marteene, all converstions failed.

But with a minute to go, parra had a scrum close to the line after a kick off went out on the bounce, Tim Smith got the ball and attempted a field goal that was struck nicely and went straight between the posts to make it 13-12.

again down near souths line, the siren sounded for fulltime and Feleti Mateo had an attempt at a field goal, it was a good effort but bounced off the posts and landed back with the Eels, the ball was spread wide and Winger Ben Smith made a run to the try line and was looking to score before a great cover tackle by a Souths player :x

END SCORE: 13-12 (Parramatta win) :clap:

My first ever State of Origin on league God mode with Blues. I won the series 2-1. in 3 close 20min games. the first ended me losing by a penalty after the end of the second period of extra time.
24-26
The Second game i won 26-22 scoring a try in extra time.

The third game was the best a drop goal after both periods of extra time tomake the score line 22-23.
best three games iv ever had.

oxenham

Juniors
My friend played this one,
10 minute game, seasoned difficulty Wigan (him) vs Halifax (CPU)
We were expecting a huge win for our season, becuase my frined had just beaten London 42-6 the game before and Halfiax were and are last on the ladder. But my friend stuffed up big time and had no luck throughout the whole game. So baldy, that Halifax lead 24-6 with 3 mins to go, he scored, 24-12, again, 24-18 and then the ball was knocked on with about 1 min to go. Halifax had the ball right on our line, but he held them out. Then on probably the last play of the game. A lovely passing and offloading play ended up with Brett Dallas dashing 70 or 80m to score, he converted, full time Wigan 24 Halifax 24. (very lucky to get away with it)
Son of oxenham

nöyd

Staff member
Season mode, legend difficulty, Quarter Final vs. Storm at Olympic Park

Eels (me) vs Storm.

Halfway thru first half and scores are deadlocked at 10 all. Melbourne attacking close to the line, 6th tackle Orford chips through for himself, regathers in the in-goal, all of a sudden Lee Hopkins comes from the clouds and flogs him around the ears Jamie Ainscough style. Ref gives a penalty try and from then on the rot sets in...

Final score: Parramatta 10 - Melbourne 56

Funniest thing was Matt Geyer scored 6 tries while Orford scored 4 and kicked 8 goals 8) 8)

I had the snot flogged outta me by only 2 guys!! :roll: :lol: #-o

Phillips

Referee
EELS (me) vs ROOSTERS - 15 min, Legend difficulty

First try came when Finch scored an 80 metre try from a scrum, converted by Fitzgibbon (6-0)

Soon after Petersen scores from a parramatta scrum, converted by Witt (6-6)

again parramatta score, with Burt running 40 metres down the sideline side stepping two defenders, converted by Witt (6-12)

From the restart, Petersen makes a run down sideline, throws a pass to Graham who run across field before linking up with Burt who runs 50 metres down field to score his second try, converted by Witt {6-18}

Eels get a penalty 19 seconds before half time and Witt converts the penalty goal attempt (6-20)

the second half starts with Witt taking adventage of an overlap down the left side and run 20 metres to score, converts his own try (6-26)

Roosters hit back with a try to Fitzgibbon setup by Crocker, Fitzgibbon converts his own try (12-26)

again Roosters core with Minichiello going over from dummy half, converted by Fitzgibbon (18-26)

Parramatta get a scrum and Witt sends the ball wide to Burt who races away and scores his third try, Witt converts try right on fulltime

END SCORE: EELS 32 def. ROOSTERS 18 :clap:

im just hoping for the same result on Sunday [-o<

mc bulldog

Juniors
GF in Rome
Bulldogs(CPU) vs Canberra(ME). 20min halves on legend

Late in extra time period 2 and i'm tackled about 38m out. Siren sounds so I pass to Mclinden who isn't concentrating and the ball goes flying past him. Mclinden quickly picks it up and passes to Wiki who is 56m out. I attempt a field goal and amazingly the ball hits the crossbar and falls in.

FINAL SCORE: CANBERRA 7 def. BULLDOGS 6