What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memorable moments

Munky

Coach
Down 12-6 with the Panthers can't remember who against. Score a try in the last minute under the posts. Think it is an easy kick to come but then the unthinkable happens, it is Rhy Wesser lining up the kick as Girds in injured and Campbell is serving his third stint in the sin bin for the game. The slider is moving very quick, I push the button and I.... miss.

Other moments are the countless tries I have scored running out of my try line with Rhys Lightning, burns every player in the game.

TripleM

Juniors
Ah this was the best moment ever. Shame it couldn't help me win.
I was down 18-0 against GB with Aussie on League God difficulty. not too bad for me actually :oops: and anyway, I managed to score a try with 30 secs left and convert, its 18-6. 10 seconds left on the clock when GB kick off. I take one tackle, and pass to Tallis. The hooter goes. So he puts in this huge kick which goes down to the GB 20m line. They pick it up, I put in a huge tackle, and its a knockon. Thanks to bug in game, we play the scrum. Whew. Still alive for the consolation try. Johns grabs it from the scrum base and puts in a bomb. I'm close but can't get it. GB get it again, another big tackle, and he knocks it on (it was raining!). Johns scores from the scrum base, 18-12. All after the hooter..

biffo

Juniors
Playing the Roosters in season mode, i was 16-10 down with 25 seconds to go, Blacklock fends off Morley, then runs 20 metres and passes to Barret, who scores the try under the sticks. Riddell converts to make it 16 all and force it into Golden point.

Roosters try a short kickoff (God knows why) and i retain the ball. Make no ground for the first 4 tackles (maybe 10 metres or so) then on the 5th pass it to Barrett, and i try to pot a field goal. Barret was facing the corner post on the right side so it made it very awkward but dragging the arrow back towards the sticks, release the button and watch the ball sail over the black dot from 50 out!

Azkatro

First Grade
Playing as the Cowboys against Roosters in season mode, they went to a 16-4 lead at half time. Second half, scored a great one with Bowen and then with about 1:00 to go I sent it wide from my own half for Sing to beat his opposite man and go all the way. 16-16, they kick off to me with probably 30 seconds to go, bounces a bit before I pick it up on my own line and throw it wide straight away, Williams gets a pass and hits a gap and I'm about to sprint away when the whistle blows for an accidental forward pass. Roosters pot a field goal straight from the scrum. Bit pissed off so after I try a short kick off, hooter sounds and they get the ball so I charge up for a big tackle. Of course it's high and it's a penalty Roosters. Referee calls the player out and SENDS HIM OFF AFTER THE FULL TIME SIREN! Not just a sinbin either, my first ever send off :D

Forum Idiot

Bench
best moment ever ever ever!! i was playing my mate cheese and i was the storm and he was cronulaa. it was tit for tat all game and it looked as though the game would end 18-16 in my favour with less then 20 seconds on the clock. somehow he made a massive sideline run towards the try line, we were both yelling and screaming because it looked as though he was in! just as he got to the line my last defender came across from the right and did one of those swingin head-high tackles!!!! he was JUST over the line when it happened so the tackle actually brought him back into the field of play!!! we were both laughing our arses off, my guy got sent and the clock expired. cheese opted to kick for goal. what a fool! the kick was from just inside the sideline. the kick missed, i won and remained undefeated. :D :lol:
best moment ever.

budz

Juniors
I just had a memorable moment. Unfortunately i was on the wrong side of the result. I was playing as the Warriors vs Broncos on legend with 10 minute halves. I was leading 26-6 after 2 mins into the second half. Brisbane scored and my next 2 kick offs were both out on the full because i was going for a scrum. They ended up leading 38-26 with 90 seconds to go. I managed to score two converted tries to even up at 38-38 and take it into extra time.
In extra time i managed to make a break and went through 3 sets of hands and was brought down 2 meters from the try line by bloody De Vere. In the next set they made a break and scored. All i can say is that i wasnt happy at all.

Dragon

Coach
Most meorable moment so far, playing on legend mode Dragons V Brisbane. Lockyer (CPU) puts in a kick which looks like a normal touch finder (but was really a genius cross field kick), so i decide to let the ball bounce and wait for it to roll out. Next thing i know, a Brisbane player comes steaming on to the ball just as its about to go out of play, scoops it up and runs 20 mtrs to score. What a try!!

Azkatro

First Grade
Yeah I managed to do that completely by accident with the Dragons - playing on co-op mode with three others I went to kick for touch and completely screwed up the angle, so the kick basically went about 10 metres forward and way across field. It looked like it was just about going to go out on the full too but lo and behold, just as it came down it was collected absolutely on the fly by Roberts dead set with his bootlaces probably falling over the left side touch line and he ran all the way to score!

SP

Bench
Rounds 1 - 4 winning all games with scoring more than 30 points on Seasoned mode with Penrith

44-12 v Brisbane Rd 1
38-6 v Melbourne rd 2
34-14 v Sydney rd 3
30-0 V Canberra rd 4

then i had the bye and only beat Souths 18-12 in rd 6 :lol:

i finished the season in 1st place and made the grand final against brisbane winning 24-12

My biggest win was against St george, 74-10 and worst loss was 14-34 v NZ Warriors

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Cronulla with a huge 2nd half comeback.

I was St George playing Cronulla at WIN. I led 13-4 at half time. Cronulla put in a huge comeback to win 30-21.

Six tries to three.

Noddy sparked the come back from 21-14 with three minutes remaining.

ethos

Live Update Team
Chip over the top...........re-gathers............scores under the posts! As the mighty Darren Lockyer. :D

nz_kid said:
ripper73 said:
nz_kid said:
I have now completed the new zealand vs aussie tests on god diffculty and for that i get the super team :D :D :D :D. It took me a long time and lots of hard work to do that.

Wow - too bad nobody believes you or cares

Your just jelous because u have the game and u are not as good as me or u dont have the game. And i am telling the turth i hate all of yous who dont belive me.

i believe you man i also unlocked the super team. ill name them all if you dont believe me. but dont get too excited, youll lose the team and unlocked comps and videos. easily the worst glitch ever since wwf no mercy's poor effort at keeping saved games

nz_kid

Juniors
Rumplespliffskin said:
nz_kid said:
ripper73 said:
nz_kid said:
I have now completed the new zealand vs aussie tests on god diffculty and for that i get the super team :D :D :D :D. It took me a long time and lots of hard work to do that.

Wow - too bad nobody believes you or cares

Your just jelous because u have the game and u are not as good as me or u dont have the game. And i am telling the turth i hate all of yous who dont belive me.

i believe you man i also unlocked the super team. ill name them all if you dont believe me. but dont get too excited, youll lose the team and unlocked comps and videos. easily the worst glitch ever since wwf no mercy's poor effort at keeping saved games

Thanks for beliveing me. My memory card went corrupt so i could not load my saved games so i had to start agian i was so pissed off. all i needed to do was get the movies and hidden statdium. I dont care because i have just gotton the super team agian.

Azkatro

First Grade
Playing as the Cowboys against the Broncs at ANZ, I swear I was ripped off... they broke to a 24-10 lead and in the second half I managed to claw my way back. The going was tough with conversions cos ANZ had a full crowd and my computer was slowing down a bit, making it basically impossible to get the conversion metre in the right spot.

One minute to go I played out a set of six and kicked downfield, and what do you know, being a bit disoriented after the dreaded "screen turn" Stu Kelly ran through my defense to score at the other end. 30-24 and I kicked off to them, going hard in the tackles and jolted the ball loose.. took two tackles and then spread it left, managed to time the passes just right and had Sing on his own... I dive over the line and he places the ball down on the DEAD BALL LINE as the siren sounds! #-o

Goleel

Juniors
Brisbane Vs Parramatta, semi final at ANZ, Brisbane up by 4 and Parra bringing the ball out from their line with 30 seconds to go. The ball gets spread wide, Jamie Lyon breaks a tackle and stands in another, offloads to Hindmarsh, who shimmy's across field, gets hit by Webcke but gets a huge offload away to Alex Chan out wide, unmarked and nobody within miles. 85 metres from the line, he begins his sprint, Lockyer starts chasing from the other side of the field, and he's gaining, gaining, until he looks set to get him down 5 metres out, Chan puts out the big fend, bounces off Lockyer and dives in under the post to put the Eels into the grand final. An absolutely brilliant try that was, especially seeing a prop run 85 metres, that's how open he'd managed to get. I was loving that.