What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Health

Suitman

Post Whore
Mariners looking good mate, would be better if the Barcodes kept their hands off our players

Lol. Mate, I feel for the Mariners losing such a talent, and I would have loved to have seen him play today, but if there was any club I'd like to see him move to, it is NUFC.

Stevie

Bench
So. it has just gone 3 am and yes, I need to download a bit. I've just returned from the nursing home.

And, after I typed that sentence, I have sat here for 10 minutes and just can't actually. Maybe another time.

Thanks for those thoughts above, people.
Hey Suity, haven’t read the comments since this but just jumped on and bloody hell that’s tough mate, I’m so so sorry for your loss.
Losing my dad (regardless of our challenging relationship) still is one of the most difficult things I’ve ever had to work through.
Rightly or wrongly I think it’s hard because from a young age we see our dads as invincible. Ultimately when they become frail it’s very difficult to comprehend.
Chatting to a Counsellor post his passing helped me enormously. I realised there was quite a bit I needed to process.
It’s been 5 years now and my wife often comments how much more I talk about him, and in a loving way.
Maybe that means I’ve dealt with it now, who knows.
Im glad you posted mate and hope you’re ok.

Stevie

Bench
Geez I have just spent the last 10 minutes reading what I’ve been missing lately in here and f**k it makes me happy that finally we live in an age where it’s OK to say I’m a bloke, we don’t know each other personally but I’m not ok. And to my amazement literally dozens respond.

How bloody awesome is that! For those that remember I was a huge fan of this chat getting set up. I’ve had my challenges over the years but ultimately am in a good place. Im lucky I have a wife that I am open with and can say “im struggling today” and that’s the end of it. No questions, just understanding and love.
Im 41 and if nothing g else, I believe our generation of blokes will be remembered for starting the conversation and making it ok to understand some people just have tough moments.
I dont get migraines and a mate of mine explained to me the other day saying “you know how I’ve never been depressed, we’ll you not having a migraine puts you in the same position just needing to understand it’s f**ked”.

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy MEel

First Grade
Geez I have just spent the last 10 minutes reading what I’ve been missing lately in here and fuuuuuck it makes me happy that finally we live in an age where it’s OK to say I’m a bloke, we don’t know each other personally but I’m not ok. And to my amazement literally dozens respond.

How bloody awesome is that! For those that remember I was a huge fan of this chat getting set up. I’ve had my challenges over the years but ultimately am in a good place. Im lucky I have a wife that I am open with and can say “im struggling today” and that’s the end of it. No questions, just understanding and love.
Im 41 and if nothing g else, I believe our generation of blokes will be remembered for starting the conversation and making it ok to understand some people just have tough moments.
I dont get migraines and a mate of mine explained to me the other day saying “you know how I’ve never been depressed, we’ll you not having a migraine puts you in the same position just needing to understand it’s f**ked”.
Well said Stevie. This is the best thread on here I reckon and everyone needs to take credit for using it for what it was set up for. Take a bow LU

Gronk

Staff member
Geez I have just spent the last 10 minutes reading what I’ve been missing lately in here and fuuuuuck it makes me happy that finally we live in an age where it’s OK to say I’m a bloke, we don’t know each other personally but I’m not ok. And to my amazement literally dozens respond.

Yeah, but how’s those 10,000 steps going ? 😉

Gronk

Staff member
Migraines took me to the lowest of low in my life. I am so lucky that from 2018 onwards I had good people in my corner after decades of living with pain.

From 2020 my neurologist put me on a monthly trial injection @ $1,000 a hit. In 2022 this dose (wiki says it’s a Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor antagonist) was put on the PBS and I think I pay about $40 now. Anywho, I have not had a migrane now for I can’t remember and life is great, I’m a better person for myself and my family. TBH I don’t know how I actually functioned over the past decades living with deliberating pain and the low mood / depression / anxiety / shitiness that it brings with it.

Gronk

Staff member
A clunky but overall good chat with Maroon. I've plonked it in the Mental Health thread because he's a man who lives with a good mental health life perspective.

hindy111

Post Whore
Migraines took me to the lowest of low in my life. I am so lucky that from 2018 onwards I had good people in my corner after decades of living with pain.

From 2020 my neurologist put me on a monthly trial injection @ $1,000 a hit. In 2022 this dose (wiki says it’s a Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor antagonist) was put on the PBS and I think I pay about $40 now. Anywho, I have not had a migrane now for I can’t remember and life is great, I’m a better person for myself and my family. TBH I don’t know how I actually functioned over the past decades living with deliberating pain and the low mood / depression / anxiety / shitiness that it brings with it.

Do you get headaches? I rarely get headaches. Maybe 2 or 3 a year. They will last a few hours. What level intensity is a migraine compared to a headache?

Suitman

Post Whore
Do you get headaches? I rarely get headaches. Maybe 2 or 3 a year. They will last a few hours. What level intensity is a migraine compared to a headache?

I'm the same as you. It might sound simple but I have always found that disprin max cure mine within half an hour.
I always keep a supply at home.

emjaycee

Coach
I'm the same as you. It might sound simple but I have always found that disprin max cure mine within half an hour.
I always keep a supply at home.
My eldest brother suffered migraines doing the HSC many years ago. He described them as being totally debilitating with even bright light causing intense pain.

Although they are 'grouped' with headaches, I don't think they are in the same league.

EelsFan05

Bench
Do you get headaches? I rarely get headaches. Maybe 2 or 3 a year. They will last a few hours. What level intensity is a migraine compared to a headache
Migraines are f**ken terrible mate. Just came out of a three day one. I can't even compare headaches and migranes. It doesn't compare. Mine can be near on totally debilitating