What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Health

Gronk

Staff member
Totally understandable mate, may go on for a week or two like that

In good time the fond and happy memories will take over what your going through now
My pup had been gone for 18 months and I still walk across the grass cautiously looking for turds. It's amazing how they change your life.

Mrs Gronk is still not ready to get a new pup. She is still in mourning and I think feels that getting a new dog will dishonour Zac. She called him her 3rd child and FMD she was and still is heartbroken.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My pup had been gone for 18 months and I still walk across the grass cautiously looking for turds. It's amazing how they change your life.

Mrs Gronk is still not ready to get a new pup. She is still in mourning and I think feels that getting a new dog will dishonour Zac. She called him her 3rd child and FMD she was and still is heartbroken.
This morning was strange, first thing I’d do every morning was check her water dish and give her a few Bikkies and then I realised she wasn’t there.

Gronk

Staff member
This morning was strange, first thing I’d do every morning was check her water dish and give her a few Bikkies and then I realised she wasn’t there.
Our mutts passed pretty much the same way. The only difference was that when I got up in the morning I found Zac in the lounge room and he had not done his usual happy guy greeting. I picked him up and put him on the lounge. He started to twitch and it looked to me that he was having one of his a seizures. He had cancer down near his bum and a tumour in his brain. I summonzed the troops and my kids n Mrs patted him and talked to him for 15 mins until he passed. So like you delivered your pup to the Vets to be euthanised, I delivered my pup in a towel to be cremated.

Yes, my wife had pre-arranged a cremation - another story.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our mutts passed pretty much the same way. The only difference was that when I got up in the morning I found Zac in the lounge room and he had not done his usual happy guy greeting. I picked him up and put him on the lounge. He started to twitch and it looked to me that he was having one of his a seizures. He had cancer down near his bum and a tumour in his brain. I summonzed the troops and my kids n Mrs patted him and talked to him for 15 mins until he passed. So like you delivered your pup to the Vets to be euthanised, I delivered my pup in a towel to be cremated.

Yes, my wife had pre-arranged a cremation - another story.
Well when I found out she had brain cancer the Vet advised me not to take too long to make a call, but she had been fine up until Sunday night so almost 2 weeks. Then I called him straight away Monday morning I couldn’t let her go through that again.

Thar was also hard ringing up and sorting out her being picked up from the Vets to be cremated. She sounded like such a happy lovely person on the phone I don’t know how they do it.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well when I found out she had brain cancer the Vet advised me not to take too long to make a call, but she had been fine up until Sunday night so almost 2 weeks. Then I called him straight away Monday morning I couldn’t let her go through that again.

Thar was also hard ringing up and sorting out her being picked up from the Vets to be cremated. She sounded like such a happy lovely person on the phone I don’t know how they do it.

We (the ex and I) went through the same thing. It was so distressing.
The worst thing though for us was not long after our first child was born, our current dog at the time died. Our first child was maybe 12 months old when our long term pup passed away. That pet just adored our new baby and did everything to protect her. It was amazing. Ozone (her name) slept near our newborn daughter, cuddled up to her, stood beside her when people entered the house to protect her etc...
She was an old pet of ours, that had been spoilt and pampered all her life, and then who had to share the limelight with our new baby. It was just incredible how Ozone adjusted to this new extra member of the family. Dogs are seriously f**king amazing.

Anyway, when our first born was about 4, and we had had a second daughter, we again bought another puppy. A save from the RSPCA. The kids adored her until she died just 2 years ago. So much so, that our first daughter (who is the extreme pet lover) insisted that we pay for and return her cremated ashes.
Those ashes are now sitting in an urn in my first born's bedroom. The whole thought of that is sweet and amazing. Such is the effect that our special pets have on us.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We (the ex and I) went through the same thing. It was so distressing.
The worst thing though for us was not long after our first child was born, our current dog at the time died. Our first child was maybe 12 months old when our long term pup passed away. That pet just adored our new baby and did everything to protect her. It was amazing. Ozone (her name) slept near our newborn daughter, cuddled up to her, stood beside her when people entered the house to protect her etc...
She was an old pet of ours, that had been spoilt and pampered all her life, and then who had to share the limelight with our new baby. It was just incredible how Ozone adjusted to this new extra member of the family. Dogs are seriously f**king amazing.

Anyway, when our first born was about 4, and we had had a second daughter, we again bought another puppy. A save from the RSPCA. The kids adored her until she died just 2 years ago. So much so, that our first daughter (who is the extreme pet lover) insisted that we pay for and return her cremated ashes.
Those ashes are now sitting in an urn in my first born's bedroom. The whole thought of that is sweet and amazing. Such is the effect that our special pets have on us.
Lovely mate, it’s amazing how quickly you fall in love with them. As I said the other day I didn’t want a dog at the time. But as soon as I saw her and she came straight over to me it was all over. I think he may take a long while before I even think about replacing her.

Rocket man

Juniors
Lovely mate, it’s amazing how quickly you fall in love with them. As I said the other day I didn’t want a dog at the time. But as soon as I saw her and she came straight over to me it was all over. I think he may take a long while before I even think about replacing her.
We replaced ours within a year then got another as a companion for her.

Gronk

Staff member
I went to St Vincents Hospice today in Darlo. We all grew up with a family who were close to us and they had a daughter my age. She married a much older guy who has since passed. They have two boys in their 20’s.

Anyway, she was diagnosed with breast cancer abt 10 years ago in her 40’s. Double mastectomy, but it came back. And back. And back. It’s now in her bones, in her brain. Her tummy is like she is 9 months pregnant and they drain it of fluid every week or so. She has a few weeks to live and I said goodbye today.

We have been in mourning for ages so my big upsets are in the past and TBH we just joked today about the dickheads who argue against voluntary euthanasia. They should have been there today to answer to her suffering. She would have given them a gobful. She’s a theatre nurse by trade. A tough broad.

Anyway, cancer sucks. So do dickheads.
Died last night. RIP. <sad face>

Happy MEel

First Grade
Sorry to hear that mate, that’s terrible news. Look after yourself and try to focus on the great times you had growing up together.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Sorry to hear Gronk.

There's some real tough diseases around, and I think vomerkinary euthanasia should be there as an option when diagnosis is terminal/palliative and a person can choose the route of least pain and suffering. I haven't read or heard any convincing argument to the contrary.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sorry to hear Gronk.

There's some real tough diseases around, and I think vomerkinary euthanasia should be there as an option when diagnosis is terminal/palliative and a person can choose the route of least pain and suffering. I haven't read or heard any convincing argument to the contrary.

I do agree. It's sad when someone's life ends but no point letting them suffer.

Latest posts