What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Health

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm struggling a bit lately.

We welcomed our baby girl to the world on April 27th. She had to be hospitalised because her breathing was not right. She has veeb discharged now.

And then I got Covid. And my son got Covid. And my wife got Covid.

And because my son is sick, his sleep is terrible at the moment - and having a newborn doesn't make this easier.

I'm on new anti-depressants, but they can't really work until I'm not sick, and I'm able to get decent sleep.

So every day is a struggle right now. And it sucks.

Gronk

Staff member

We welcomed our baby girl to the world on April 27th. She had to be hospitalised because her breathing was not right. She has veeb discharged now.

And because my son is sick, his sleep is terrible at the moment - and having a newborn doesn't make this easier.

I'm on new anti-depressants, but they can't really work until I'm not sick, and I'm able to get decent sleep.

Geez you’ve all been in the covid wars and the bub has been sick. No wonder you’re feeling the way you are. Hoping the next few months will be way much better than the last.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Congrats on the new bub mate, hope this bald and frustrating team we follow can put a small on your face.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Congrats Eele on the bubs and sorry to hear you’re not feeling to great. Sounds like you’ve been put through the wringer. That newborn stage is tough at the best of times so can only imagine what you’re going through with everything else. Hopefully this doesn’t last too long and brighter days are ahead mate and you can enjoy the news bubs.

Last edited:

the phantom menace

First Grade
That's a tough first few weeks for your newborn and family there Eele. Getting used to another member of the family is hard enough without f**king Covid too.

Hoping those symptoms clear up for soon, and so the bub and household can get some good sleep, and trust the next phase for your guys will be a little better.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Congrats on the new bub mate, another Eels supporter into the world to witness the plethora of premierships we are gonna be winning within the next couple of decades.

Take care with covid, its temporary

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thank you, everyone.

It's been rough - I have high fevers, a cough that won't go away, a runny nose, and body aches.

My toddler is getting better, but it's so hard to give him the attention he needs when you feel so sick.

Our newborn is very unsettled - she's tested negative for Covid, but something isn't quite right with her.

One day at a time, as they say.

PARRA_FAN

Coach

Congratulations on the new born mate. Hope things improve for her, yourself and everyone else in your family.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The newborn has Covid.

Doctors are telling us not to worry too much - apparently, the data available suggests newborns are very resilient with it.

But I'm a little scared - I've been sick for over a week now, and I'm not really improving.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The newborn has Covid.

Doctors are telling us not to worry too much - apparently, the data available suggests newborns are very resilient with it.

But I'm a little scared - I've been sick for over a week now, and I'm not really improving.

if the mum is vaxed the bub will have protection, your doctors should know

one day at a time mate, you'll get through this

Rocket man

Juniors
The newborn has Covid.

Grand daughter also had covid.
Knocked her parents around. The little one was fine as if she had nothing.

Gronk

Staff member
My mum (80) had open heart surgery yesterday*.

* Well that's the thing, what used to involve cracking the chest open, doing a full by-pass and sewing in a new aorta valve was replaced with slipping some camera thingo up an artery in her arm, inserting a cow's heart valve inside her lazy valve, nip, tuck. She was supposed to spend 4 days in ICU, but last night she just slept in her bed. Vitals were fine, all the machines hooked up to her agreed.

She just called me and they are happy for her to go home tomorrow. Tomorrow. All heart stuff is functioning fine. Her wonky rhythms are resolved. No need for a pacemaker or any other invasive action. Go home, you'll be fine until your next scheduled service Madam.

I am both confused and relieved. She was supposed to be in < > Private for up to two weeks. WTF with modern medicine ?