What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Health

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Been at home with COVID since Tuesday. Have a metallic taste in my mouth. f**k this staying at home shit. Feels like the flu but different, muscles twitching constantly in my stomach and neck.

stay safe mate, I've been crook for about 3 weeks and have done rat tests but it's just flue/cough/cold or whatever the f**k it is

Rocket man

Juniors
stay safe mate, I've been crook for about 3 weeks and have done rat tests but it's just flue/cough/cold or whatever the f**k it is
I have the same. Runny nose constantly, cough.
Have you taken anything for it besides over counter meds?

chiefy1

Juniors
Agree. These rises only effect maybe 35% of population. People with small loans haven't been effect a lot. People with no mortgages not at all. People with money have benefits off high term deposits and have more money to spend. Boomers are cashing in.And the working middle class is paying for them.
Rents have gone up but not to the same levels. Most have risen about $40-$70 a week.

Id say its around 70% hindy. Around 30% of Australian homes are owed outright then you have owners who have mortgages around 40 to 50 % and renters the remaining 30% approx. Rental property are indirectly hurting by rising interest rates as landlords raise rents to accommodate their repayments. Then you have business loans and car loans which have risen

The problem with our corrupt governments is that inflation rates aren't properly correlated to the percentage of income needed to purchase housing hence our low inflation rates over the past 10 years or so. Inflation should have been at 20% as the housing markets took off. Its all government corruption trying to artificially inflate housing prices for their own and big buissniss benefits.

IFR33K

Coach
Been at home with COVID since Tuesday. Have a metallic taste in my mouth. f**k this staying at home shit. Feels like the flu but different, muscles twitching constantly in my stomach and neck.

just finished up from it. Guess this f^*ker is here to stay.

hindy111

Post Whore
Id say its around 70% hindy. Around 30% of Australian homes are owed outright then you have owners who have mortgages around 40 to 50 % and renters the remaining 30% approx. Rental property are indirectly hurting by rising interest rates as landlords raise rents to accommodate their repayments. Then you have business loans and car loans which have risen

The problem with our corrupt governments is that inflation rates aren't properly correlated to the percentage of income needed to purchase housing hence our low inflation rates over the past 10 years or so. Inflation should have been at 20% as the housing markets took off. Its all government corruption trying to artificially inflate housing prices for their own and big buissniss benefits.

Renters sure but not not anywhere near as much. $40-$100 a week vs $200-$1,000
Plus your using a 100% figure. There are plenty of 16-30ylds living at home with mum and dad. People in nursing homes, retirement villages etc.

hindy111

Post Whore
Your symptoms get worse over time? My mate said it got him suddenly then slowly got better.

Everyone's experience is different but I personally was not bad. 3 days I was sick but with cold and flu tablets still could work and dona physical job. By the 4th day I was rapidly better. After 7 days no symptoms at all.
Most people I know seem to say 10-12 days before 100%
I used my own personal medicines. It stopped the cold shivers before bed and gave me a good solid 8hrs sleep.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Everyone's experience is different but I personally was not bad. 3 days I was sick but with cold and flu tablets still could work and dona physical job. By the 4th day I was rapidly better. After 7 days no symptoms at all.
Most people I know seem to say 10-12 days before 100%
I used my own personal medicines. It stopped the cold shivers before bed and gave me a good solid 8hrs sleep.
You're a very powerful man. But seriously, I was about the same although I developed a cough after I was better which hung around for a few weeks.

Snoochies

First Grade
For the record and sorry to those having a hard time. It's been pretty mild. I've had viruses that have felt worse. Sore throat Wednesday, groggy and lethargic yesterday with a temp and headache and feel fine today except for the mucous build up. It's like one of those typical 3 day viruses...........so far.

hindy111

Post Whore
You're a very powerful man. But seriously, I was about the same although I developed a cough after I was better which hung around for a few weeks.

I'm glad I didn't know. My rapid tests come back negative. I would of stressed and worried and that would lower your immune system and make it worse. Basicaly what's happening. People go into panic.

eels_fan

First Grade
Rents have gone up but not to the same levels. Most have risen about $40-$70 a week.
I’m on the GC and most rents have gone up between $150-$200 a week as rental agreements conclude over the last 6 months.

we own, but the new tenants next to us are paying $680 a week, the prior tenants who were forced to move out by the rise were paying $490.

eels_fan

First Grade
Your symptoms get worse over time? My mate said it got him suddenly then slowly got better.
Felt like shit for 24-48 hours - like I’d been hit by a bus. Then 2 days of just general cold symptoms, then fine.

definitely had worse flus/viruses in past.

funnily/strangely that was 2 years ago, and I haven’t been sick in anyway even once since, despite usually copping an annual flu and the odd bout of tonsillitis

Rocket man

Juniors
I copped Covid in Feb.
Slight cough for a few days and headache for a day. Was forced to rest because of isolation.
The cold I have now is much worse and have had symptoms for 12 days.

Gronk

Staff member
I copped Covid in Feb.
Slight cough for a few days and headache for a day. Was forced to rest because of isolation.
The cold I have now is much worse and have had symptoms for 12 days.
I’m getting the flu shot tomorrow. My GP reckons it will cut down recovery from 7-10 days down to 1-3 days. Lock it in Eddie.

Latest posts