What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

SoftSydney

Juniors
i love this thread, definetly be going through another box of tissues tonight as i read through this tonight!

I am interested to read the Merg point of view, dont get me wrong I dont hate the Merg or begrudge them and the refs their GF win (just kidding)..lol. I just dont think its right to discard the Steelers aspect and partnership. I will say it 100 times it was a merger not a take over or aquisition........ there is a massive difference.

Lets take the buisness module to clearly understand the situation.

The terms merger and acquisition mean different things. When one company takes over another and clearly establishes itself as the new owner, the purchase is called an acquisition. From a legal point of view, the target company ceases to exist, the buyer "swallows" the business and the buyer's stock continues to be traded.... this is an acquisition!

A merger happens when two firms agree to go forward as a single new company rather than remain separately owned and operated. The stocks are surrendered and new company stock is issued in its place. For example, in the 1999 merger of Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKline Beecham, both firms ceased to exist when they merged, and a new company was created called GlaxosmithKline with a new stock.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Dragons_2010_Premiers978_583.jpg

Lol @ "merg"

Going to pains to define "mergers" whilst still spelling "merg" and calling us dumb.

Go and injure yourself, you're boring.

Try using a novel method, perhaps incorporate some electricity.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Oh, the irony
'Were' two mergers.
And the word is merge.
If you're gonna carry on out people being dumb, try not to be yourself.

Oh, the irony.

Nothing in forum life can make a person look more stupid than correcting others on spelling and grammar with an error laden reply.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Old Saints fans that claim 16 are delusional and are pissing all over their fellow fans that followed the Steelers. They are pretty much saying it is their team and Illawarra don't count.

If an old Illawarra fan claims 16 then they are a deadset lunatic, they have never celebrated a GF win in their lives yet try to claim a 16th.:crazy:

The interesting thing I see is that Wests Tigers fans don't make this claim at all, they seem to be more rational.

The media are to blame also, when the Wests Tigers won in 2005 no one talked about 16, it was referred to as their 1st. Then in 2010 those same clowns kept on talking like this was the 16th for the Dragons.

I think the obvious difference is that both teams had won before in the Wests Tigers merger whereas Illawarra were on 0 in the other merger. If Illawarra had won 4 GFs would these current Stain fans be talking about their 16th or their 20th? or would the Illawarra side of it be talking about their 5th? any of those options are ridiculous. That's why the Wests Tigers GF was referred to as the 1st and so should the 2010 GF for the Stain.

As I've said before on this subject, if Souths and the Roosters merged would they be going for their 34th premiership? Only delusional Saints fans would think so.

RHCP

Bench
If a tree falls down in the forest but nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Oh, the irony

Oh, the irony.

Nothing in forum life can make a person look more stupid than correcting others on spelling and grammar with an error laden reply.
You forgot to place a fullstop after your first sentence.

Plus, while hyphens are not always considered obligatory, in my opinion 'error-laden' is more correct.

Oh, the person who first coined the term 'ironing is delicious' was probably taking the piss.

Gaba

First Grade
The people who have themselves to blame for the dragons becoming premiers of 2010

are raiders Premiers and Tigers are Premiers going into the dragons forum

They say things come in 3's

Dragons are now premiers

juanfarkall

Coach
I am interested to read the Merg point of view, dont get me wrong I dont hate the Merg or begrudge them and the refs their GF win (just kidding)..lol. I just dont think its right to discard the Steelers aspect and partnership. I will say it 100 times it was a merger not a take over or aquisition........ there is a massive difference.

Lets take the buisness module to clearly understand the situation.

The terms merger and acquisition mean different things.When one company takes over another and clearly establishes itself as the new owner, the purchase is called an acquisition. From a legal point of view, the target company ceases to exist, the buyer "swallows" the business and the buyer's stock continues to be traded.... this is an acquisition!

A merger happens when two firms agree to go forward as a single new company rather than remain separately owned and operated. The stocks are surrendered and new company stock is issued in its place. For example, in the 1999 merger of Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKline Beecham, both firms ceased to exist when they merged, and a new company was created called GlaxosmithKline with a new stock.

So was it an acquisition or a merger when a West Australian and a foreigner took over a club worth about $5, changed the trading name to Blackcourt and moved them out to Homebush ?

Latest posts