What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

taxidriver

Coach
from nrl.com

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60534/saint-wayne-in-7th-heaven-after-gf-win/default.aspx

It was the club's first premiership since 1979, its 16th overall

that is the website of the governing body right?

gronkathon

First Grade
It just shows that there was only ever one real merger in the competition. That of Balmain & Wests. Manly took the Bears over and St Geoerge took the Illawarra talent and Wayne likes being out of the direct reach of the Sydney Media and chose Wollongong as his base

gregstar

Referee
absolutely.

i'm glad you saw it.

they embraced to share the joy of winning a title.

a tender moment that is now recorded in history. the history of the 2010 premiership victory.

gregstar

Referee
thank you. i certainly enjoyed it.

it was fantastic that he was able to celebrate selection in the test squad as well.

it really capped off a wonderful week for both dean, craig & the club.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Glad you enjoyed it

Hold on to the memories for the next 50 years or so

Thank you for your kind words, that's probably about how many years I've got left, give or take some, so yes I will hold onto them for that time.

Your support is much appreciated, it's a great feeling winning the premiership this year.

Last edited:

RufusRex

Post Whore
Well given the NRL is a joint venture between Super League and the ARL the current premiership tallies are:

Broncos 3
Storm 1
Knights 1
Roosters 1
Panthers 1
Bulldogs 1
Tigers 1
Sea Eagles 1
Dragons 1
Titans 0
Warriors 0
Eels 0
Cowboys 0
Rabbits 0
Raiders 0
Sharks 0

SoftSydney

Juniors
Just kidding

OK so its been done before its the off season one more time wont hurt.

The question is why do Merg fans think they won their 16th GF are they deluded, plain stupid or do they know something the rest of us dont.

The way I see it is...... there was a team called St George Dragons which won 15 GF's, this team "merged" with the Steelers to create a "new" team St Merg (St George Illawarra dragons) first season 1999, this new team won the 2010 GF.

IMO St George merged with Illawarra they didnt take them over! Using St Merg fans logic this means that West Tigers also have 16 Premierships (Magpies 4 + Balmain 11 + West Tigers 1) as they also merged .... exactly the same thing.

Can St Merg fans plse educate me, also plse tell me if the West Tigers also have 16GF's? If not why not?

I am not trying to stir the pot just trying to understand ur logic as I feel you see it as a take over and do not acknowledge the merge OR the Steelers.

So congratulations St Merg on your first GF :D

Ok lets just get something clear.

St.George Illawarra supporters are f**king arrogant dumb merkins.

So trying to reason with them is a bit like trying to reason with a drug addict to not take drugs.

Clearly there was two mergers but St.George seem to not want to recognise themselves as a new entity like Wests and Balmain have. They don't want to give away their links to the Illawarra juniors but they want to say that they have won 16 Premierships as St.George.

I think the NRL has to sit the dumb farks down and let them know in no uncertain terms that if they don't recognise that they are now a merged entity that they will be forced to give up their links to the Illawarra junior nursery.

But like I said they are basically dumb window washers so

SoftSydney

Juniors
Ok lets just get something clear.

St.George Illawarra supporters are f**king arrogant dumb merkins.

So trying to reason with them is a bit like trying to reason with a drug addict to not take drugs.

Clearly there was two mergers but St.George seem to not want to recognise themselves as a new entity like Wests and Balmain have. They don't want to give away their links to the Illawarra juniors but they want to say that they have won 16 Premierships as St.George.

I think the NRL has to sit the dumb farks down and let them know in no uncertain terms that if they don't recognise that they are now a merged entity that they will be forced to give up their links to the Illawarra junior nursery.

But like I said they are basically dumb window washers so

Thats an interesting way of putting it, I get it LOL

I cant seem to find any NRL offical site that says 16! can someone plse point me in the right direction.

Latest posts