What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

SoftSydney

Juniors
Unfortunately Cuppy, there are some people who actually believe it to be that simple. Fact is, the Steelers were about the fold in 1998. If not for the joint venture, there would be no NRL games in Wollongong. Plus no development programs in place like we have now. And the Illawarra juniors, what was left of them, would have simply been subject to the open market.

St George had the money and this made the joint venture possible. St George also had the more successful name for marketing. The Illawarra has a big backyard of juniors. So it is a good partnership.

Thanks to the joint venture, junior development in the Illawarra is stronger than it would have been, and numerous NRL clubs have benefitted from this.

All true and very nice but you still fail to explain how you have won 16 GF's when all official records have you winning 1?
I clearly explained to you what a joint venture merger is!
All business and legal facts clearly define St George Illawarra as a new club and this is how the league recognises it!
The NRL team formerly known as the St George Dragons no longer exists, their mighty feats are history now and not applicable to St George Illawarra!
I put it to you that the 16GF's only exist in your mind along with other former St George Dragons supporters.
Do Illawarra supporters also claim 16GF's, do West Tigers fans also claim 16GF's?

I do not think you can address any of this......any Dragons fan is welcome to try!!!!

cleary89

Coach
The more exclamation marks you use the truer it makes it apparently.

16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoftSydney

Juniors
The more exclamation marks you use the truer it makes it apparently.

16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL u got nothing, the only comeback you will all have is smart remarks, your in my back pocket... suck eggs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
some dude trying hard to be noticed said:
Do Illawarra supporters also claim 16GF's, do West Tigers fans also claim 16GF's?
1.Yes, all I have met and most that post on the forums have embraced the history and heritage of the club.
2. Yes, some do. After WT won their last premiership, some of their supporters had a beaut video about on youtube claiming 16 premierships.

Question: Do you think you speak for all supporters?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Seriously who cares!

I've seen my team win one comp and I am stoked to have seen that. I dont care if they won none,1, 15 or 100 before I was born.

I have souffs mates who say 'we've won 20 comps' etc buti know would trade them all to personally see their team win one grand final.

SoftSydney

Juniors
1.Yes, all I have met and most that post on the forums have embraced the history and heritage of the club.
2. Yes, some do. After WT won their last premiership, some of their supporters had a beaut video about on youtube claiming 16 premierships.

You should be a politician you keep dacing around the core of the thread lol

Mate West tigers fans are proud of their history AND they have accepted and embraced a new start their not deluded. You on the other hand are haning onto and claiming something that does not exist.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So the answer must be yes. You do think you speak for all supporters.

Thanks for the confirmation.

David G

Juniors
After reviewing the posts in this thread, it is obvious we as the NRL need to look into this further. The Dragons have indeed won 16 premierships and this will probably be corrected in the record books by the start of the new season.

to_ddeath

Coach
I have met Willow a few times and never thought of him being pathetic.
In fact he is quite a snappy dresser and rather eloquent, which is more than I can say for some of the company he has been seen with on occasions.
Certainly he presents better than anyone I saw when I recently spent a lifetime in Canberra on a recent weekend, although there were some locals in leather collars which looked like they had been well looked after.

BTW when will the Canberra airport be finished ?
It is surely the worst capital city airport in Asia.

Agreed. It is a f**king terrible airport. Only thing going for the place is that it takes sweet f**k all to get the hell out of the joint.

T.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Unfortunately Cuppy, there are some people who actually believe it to be that simple. Fact is, the Steelers were about the fold in 1998. If not for the joint venture, there would be no NRL games in Wollongong. Plus no development programs in place like we have now. And the Illawarra juniors, what was left of them, would have simply been subject to the open market.

St George had the money and this made the joint venture possible. St George also had the more successful name for marketing. The Illawarra has a big backyard of juniors. So it is a good partnership.

Thanks to the joint venture, junior development in the Illawarra is stronger than it would have been, and numerous NRL clubs have benefitted from this.
So you admit St.George Illawarra is a joint venture and not a continuation of the old St. George Dragons. The joint venture is a new club.
Also, it doesn't matter how much money either club had it is a joint venture.

Clearly you seem to think that you speak for all supporters, hypocrite.
Any old Steelers fan that talks about winning 16 premierships is a moron and more delusional than you are, which is a very hard feat in itself.

So the answer must be yes. You do think you speak for all supporters.

Thanks for the confirmation.
As has been pointed out, you are claiming that he thinks he speaks for all supporters while at the same time telling him what all supporters are thinking.
I would insult your intelligence but clearly you don't have enough to understand the insult.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
FTR, I have always found Juan to be dashing fellow and a chap with highly refined tastes. An intelligent bloke who (I hope you don't mind me sharing this Juan) comes from the ranks of rugby league participation and officialdom. Wicked sense of humour as well. I still regret not taking up his offer to share the cab of a 4WD up the New England Highway. My loss.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So you admit St.George Illawarra is a joint venture and not a continuation of the old St. George Dragons.
No I never said that. But thanks for trying.

I know it upsets you.

Please note that your views on the world don't unsettle me one bit.

Good luck.

Jason Maher

Immortal
16 for St. George (15 by themselves, 1 in partnership with Illawarra), 1 for Illawarra (in partnership with St. George). 16 Premierships overall.

A bit like the fact I own two cars. My wife also owns two cars. And between us we own... two cars (4 if your name is Baron Von Wanker).

to_ddeath

Coach
All true and very nice but you still fail to explain how you have won 16 GF's when all official records have you winning 1?
I clearly explained to you what a joint venture merger is!
All business and legal facts clearly define St George Illawarra as a new club and this is how the league recognises it!
The NRL team formerly known as the St George Dragons no longer exists, their mighty feats are history now and not applicable to St George Illawarra!
I put it to you that the 16GF's only exist in your mind along with other former St George Dragons supporters.

I do not think you can address any of this......any Dragons fan is welcome to try!!!!

Whatever man...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0_V8ysgil0&feature=fvw