What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
No - at law you own half of two cars, and your wife owns half of two cars.
Which halves? The front halves or the back halves? Or do you split the cars down the middle. There's a bingle in the left hand side of my wife's car - is that hers or is that half of the car mine? If I left $200 in the glove box of my wife's side of the car is that mine or hers?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Which halves? The front halves or the back halves? Or do you split the cars down the middle. There's a bingle in the left hand side of my wife's car - is that hers or is that half of the car mine? If I left $200 in the glove box of my wife's side of the car is that mine or hers?

The equitable half which is half the total value of the car. Front half, back half, left & right - all redundant.

Title to personal property remains or chattels remians to original owner unless for example it is abandoned or "fixed" to real property etc. None of those excpetions are relevant here, so the "Bingle" still belongs to whoever owned it before, if unclaimed then the finder has better title to it, and the $200 is yours. Unless it held to be part of the matrimonial property - then your wife may take $100 of it.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The equitable half which is half the total value of the car. Front half, back half, left & right - all redundant.

Title to personal property remains or chattels remians to original owner unless for example it is abandoned or "fixed" to real property etc. None of those excpetions are relevant here, so the "Bingle" still belongs to whoever owned it before, and the $200 is yours. Unless it held to be part of the matrimonial property - then your wife may take $100 of it.
Does this still remain relevant if they are matchbox cars?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Absolutely. Matchbox cars are still property - that is something capable of being owned.

juanfarkall

Coach
Absolutely. Matchbox cars are still property - that is something capable of being owned.

Co-incidence.

When Saints won the comp this year they effectively "owned" every other club in the NRL, even the few who managed to defeat them during the regular season.
I guess that explains your pain.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Co-incidence.

When Saints won the comp this year they effectively "owned" every other club in the NRL, even the few who managed to defeat them during the regular season.
I guess that explains your pain.

No it just shows you do not understand the difference between colloquial vernacular of "owned" and the true meaning of the word. Idiot.

I enjoyed St George Illawarra's season pain free.

backdoor

Juniors
What if I borrowed these matchbox cars from my cousin Leroy 27 years ago and he subsequently died in a freak gardening accident?

This would depend upon the results of the subsequent police investigation into Leroy's death.
Is it likely that he LOLed@50UFFS just a little too much whilst listening to a radio broadcast in his garden and fell upon a picket and was skewered to death ?

Not sure that it is possible to LOL@50UFFS too much really.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
This would depend upon the results of the subsequent police investigation into Leroy's death.

No it would not. leroy's estate would still own the property regardless. The police investigation may, at the very most, merely influence whether a wrong doer causing death could stand to benefit from that estate.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
No it would not. leroy's estate would still own the property regardless. The police investigation may, at the very most, merely influence whether a wrong doer causing death could stand to benefit from that estate.
Not if it was found during the police investigation that Leroy had procured these matchbox cars by illegal means.

1 Premiership

12 Years

lol
Stain androtops
Your club is sh*t

The fact that the St George Dragons no longer exist on their own is killing older Stain supporters inside

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Not if it was found during the police investigation that Leroy had procured these matchbox cars by illegal means.

Not so - If Leroy had procured the cars by illegal means then he never actually had the equitable title in the property, thus he did not have legal authority to lend you the cars. However, his claim on the cars is still better than yours, so his estate inherits that propietary interest. Thus, whatever rights Leroy had remain with the estate. NEMO DAT. Boo Yah.

Last edited:
How many premierships have Canberra won in that time?

Clearly I was referring to the number of premierships won throughout your entire history.

FTR, Canberra has 3 premierships in their 29 years of existence.

3/29 = 0.103

Stain

1/12 = 0.0833

Raiders > Soulless Merge Scum

Whether it is their first or their sixteenth, who cares??

All that matters is that they won the comp.

Rugby League isn't about who has won the most, it is about who wins it that year.

This whole Premiership tally thing is just a beat up by bitter and twisted Souths fans who are filthy that both merged clubs have won a premiership before they won their next one.

This whole tally thing is just their last little bit of glory to hang onto.

So just remember Saints won the comp and deal with it.

Rustyrebel

Juniors
Whether it is their first or their sixteenth, who cares??

All that matters is that they won the comp.

Rugby League isn't about who has won the most, it is about who wins it that year.

This whole Premiership tally thing is just a beat up by bitter and twisted Souths fans who are filthy that both merged clubs have won a premiership before they won their next one.

This whole tally thing is just their last little bit of glory to hang onto.

So just remember Saints won the comp and deal with it.

Thats all very well - but is the police investigation into Leroys death still ongoing ???

Clearly I was referring to the number of premierships won throughout your entire history.

FTR, Canberra has 3 premierships in their 29 years of existence.

3/29 = 0.103

Stain

1/12 = 0.0833

Raiders > Soulless Merge Scum

Didn't the Raiders win one of their premierships after rorting the salary cap? 1990 I think.