What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

SoftSydney

Juniors
16 for St. George (15 by themselves, 1 in partnership with Illawarra), 1 for Illawarra (in partnership with St. George). 16 Premierships overall.

A bit like the fact I own two cars. My wife also owns two cars. And between us we own... two cars (4 if your name is Baron Von Wanker).

That has to be the stupidest post ever, are u for real? OR have you hit you head :crazy:
WOW you saw three teams on the field GF day, Illawarra, St George and St George Illawarra.

Let me ask you a question who scored the first try St George OR Illawarra LOLOLOLOLOL

Hmmm maybe your drunk!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That has to be the stupidest post ever, are u for real? OR have you hit you head :crazy:
WOW you saw three teams on the field GF day, Illawarra, St George and St George Illawarra.

Let me ask you a question who scored the first try St George OR Illawarra LOLOLOLOLOL

Hmmm maybe your drunk!

Quoted for fun.

have u hit u head or r u your all their

Willow

Assistant Moderator
16 Premierships overall
Well done. :clap:

For your reference:

The Dragons clinched their 16th premiership overall
Source: ABC News
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/03/3028251.htm

and

It was the club's first premiership since 1979, its 16th overall
Source: NRL.com
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...wayne-in-7th-heaven-after-gf-win/default.aspx

You see Softie, opinion counts for a lot. You don't have to agree with another person's opinion of course, but your view doesn't automatically evaporate another person's view.

Hope that clears things up.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
16 for St. George (15 by themselves, 1 in partnership with Illawarra), 1 for Illawarra (in partnership with St. George). 16 Premierships overall.

A bit like the fact I own two cars. My wife also owns two cars. And between us we own... two cars

No - at law you own half of two cars, and your wife owns half of two cars.

So if you want to use that analogy - Illawarra has eight premierships and St George has eight. :) MERGED.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Clearly St George fans are envious of Manly.

Manly just cornholed their merged entity. Clearly St George fans want to do the same to Illawarra.

Yet the Tigers fans have so much more readily adapted and embraced one another.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Well done. :clap:

For your reference:

The Dragons clinched their 16th premiership overall
Source: ABC News
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/03/3028251.htm

Oh dear, did you read the article Willow? its not the most convincing.

"St George Illawarra has broken a 31-year premiership drought" - clearly the author is on crack because St George Illawarra has not existed for 31 years. Its only been round since what - 1999 - its an 11 year drough.

But the author redeems himself somewhat...

" and clinched its first title as a merged club" thats right - the singular ONE CLUB. Not two clubs but one.

It was the club's first premiership since 1979, its 16th overall
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...wayne-in-7th-heaven-after-gf-win/default.aspx

Doug just loses the plot... "It was the club's first premiership since 1979, its 16th overall and its first since as St George Illawarra following the merger with Wollongong's Steelers in 1998." Doug seems to think a "merger" has the effect of an "acquisition".

You see Softie, opinion counts for a lot. You don't have to agree with another person's opinion of course, but your view doesn't automatically evaporate another person's view.

Hope that clears things up.

No but an opinion is only good if the premises are true. Popular opinion is often bad. Just look at fashion tragedies and design failures ;)

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Errr - Manly is the only club I dislike....

You really are a fool. You have no comprehension capabilities at all.

SoftSydney

Juniors
Oh dear, did you read the article Willow? its not the most convincing.
" and clinched its first title as a merged club" thats right - the singular ONE CLUB. Not two clubs but one.

The proof in the pudding is the word Merge and what it means, what it represents if you want the core truth and not the romantic notions of a fan.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Antilube, you seemed to be ashamed of something. Very reluctant to name your team.

Tell me, do you consider Steve Menzies to be a one club player?

I have no problem with it if that's what Manly supporters believe. What do you say to those Manly supporters who believe Menzies to be a one club player?

SoftSydney

Juniors
Antilube, you seemed to be ashamed of something. Very reluctant to name your team.

Tell me, do you consider Steve Menzies to be a one club player?

I have no problem with it if that's what Manly supporters believe. What do you say to those Manly supporters who believe Menzies to be a one club player?

I would tell them not to talk to saints supports or they will claim he is a one club man lol night sweetheart xox

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hah. Look at you Willow. Attempting some litigation advocacy there. Watched some court TV shows lately?

I have to say - while that is an incredibly novice attempt at a "Gotcha" and completely transaparent: I am actually impressed you thought of employing such a tactic. I actually though the thinking of a 10 year old was beyond you. You might actually graduate primary school with that thinking.

A for effort. F for result as clearly Menzies played for 2 clubs.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So you shoot down all those Manly supporters as well.

Interesting.

So Antilube, tell me, is there anything you believe in? Is there a team you support?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Fri, 24 Sep 2010

Menzies, who won 15 caps for the Kangaroos and was a member of their World Cup-winning team in 1995, is the most prolific tryscoring forward in the history of Australia's NRL, with 180 touchdowns in 349 appearances during 16 seasons with Manly.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60375/default.aspx

What? No mention of the Northern Eagles?

Why aren't the moral minority up in arms about this?

to_ddeath

Coach
What as opposed to a 3000+ post dribbler? :lol:

Back in your hole dickhead

As opposed to someone who posts far more regularly like yourself? Please f**khead, please.....spare me...

Least I've been in holes, you obviously haven't seen one for a while or at all judging by your early return from All Bar None tonight hahaha......rejected again RP??? Not as suave as you make out ay ya little merkin??

T.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I love how after winning the premiership fans have nothing else on our club other than to criticise our fans for how they view our premierships.

Carry on, it's good entertainment knowing it's burning you all up that you can no longer use the choke tag.