What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

bottle

Coach
The fact that the St George Dragons no longer exist on their own is killing older Stain supporters inside [/COLOR]

So wrong. I've supported them for 43 years and this is the happiest I've been in the last 31. Never changed who I supported, so the 'no longer exist' argument is moot as far I'm concerned. We're stronger now than ever, thanks to the JV. Moreover, we're guaranteed to remain strong, thanks to the JV. Saints are Saints, always were, always will be.
We've grown, not been diluted in any way. It's evolution and I love it. Doesn't matter what's said my elation can't be mitigated. How I see my team won't be changed.
The people dying inside are the haters. It's obsession and it eats you up. The fact that we ignore the myth of non existence adds to your frustration. You just have to look at the effort you and others like you have put in to try and take away the joy Saints fan are feeling at present. All to no avail, and yet it continues on, and will still I've no doubt. Keep it up though, because the more hurt you're all feeling the more increased my joy. Your hours of wasted effort trying to make others think the way you think they should is a fillip to me.
Part of the pleasure for me comes from seeing people so involved in hating that they can't get past it. I've never felt that way towards a team or its supporters, so don't understand the mindset. It makes me happy to see people so inclined so frustrated.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not so - If Leroy had procured the cars by illegal means then he never actually had the equitable title in the property, thus he did not have legal authority to lend you the cars. However, his claim on the cars is still better than yours, so his estate inherits that propietary interest. Thus, whatever rights Leroy had remain with the estate. NEMO DAT. Boo Yah.
How can you say that his claim on the cars is better than mine without knowing how long we both had them. Also, after cousin Leroy was imprisoned for booing Russell Crowe's performance in A Beautiful Mind Leroy gave me the cars without actually specifying whether they were a gift or not. On his release and before the gardening incident not once did he ask for their return.

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Years without a premiership:

St. George-Illawarra - 0
Manly - 2
Brisbane - 4
Gold Coast - 4
Wests Tigers - 5
Canterbury - 6
Penrith - 7
Sydney Roosters - 8
Newcastle - 9
Melbourne - 11
Canberrra - 16
North Queensland - 16
NZ Warriors - 16
Parramatta - 23
South Sydney - 39 (or 37)
Cronulla-Sutherland - 44

I can live with that.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So wrong. I've supported them for 43 years and this is the happiest I've been in the last 31. Never changed who I supported, so the 'no longer exist' argument is moot as far I'm concerned. We're stronger now than ever, thanks to the JV. Moreover, we're guaranteed to remain strong, thanks to the JV. Saints are Saints, always were, always will be.
We've grown, not been diluted in any way. It's evolution and I love it. Doesn't matter what's said my elation can't be mitigated. How I see my team won't be changed.
The people dying inside are the haters. It's obsession and it eats you up. The fact that we ignore the myth of non existence adds to your frustration. You just have to look at the effort you and others like you have put in to try and take away the joy Saints fan are feeling at present. All to no avail, and yet it continues on, and will still I've no doubt. Keep it up though, because the more hurt you're all feeling the more increased my joy. Your hours of wasted effort trying to make others think the way you think they should is a fillip to me.
Part of the pleasure for me comes from seeing people so involved in hating that they can't get past it. I've never felt that way towards a team or its supporters, so don't understand the mindset. It makes me happy to see people so inclined so frustrated.
Brilliant post.

:clap:

The 18th Man

Juniors

I guess the above ends the thread.

Well said.

Nice post by Jason Maher too :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Originally Posted by Raiders_Premiers
The fact that the St George Dragons no longer exist on their own is killing older Stain supporters inside

LOL...how can you ignore it when you respond to it?

Nice try.

You sure its pleasure? People constantly questioning it....
Your mini series post seems to suggest its affecting you too despite your assurances it isnt. Sometimes one trys a bit too hard.

gregstar

Referee

Nice try.

Your mini series post seems to suggest its affecting you too despite your assurances it isnt. Sometimes one trys a bit too hard.
it's his club. regardless of the dribble, you'd expect a saints supporter to respond.

i too find it hilarious. why other supporters care so much is beyond me. it gets to the stage where people are clearly more obsessed with our club than their own.

why is this?

innsaneink

Referee
I know its his club, however you cant say one thing and then do another....its like me saying I never post about eggplant.
Ooops...too late...I just did.

So whats the difference with why Saints Illa fans care so much too?
Theres quite a few greggy topping the list in this thread.
To say its pleasurable, you ignore it etc etc...well those dont wash
I think if you really were OK with it, you really really ignored the ''didnt exist myth'' as bottle tryed to convince us....there'd be no reponses from saints Illa fans and thus there'd be no apparent ''obssession '' as you put it with your club and this topic

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Nice try.

This nonsene again.

Perhaps you prefer it if people refrained from posting altogether.

Innsane, you seem to care enough to post too. Oh that's right... you're just 'commenting'. From here, it looks like you've taken it as personal as anyone.

Get real, you take as much interest in what's being said. But nice try at attempting to shut down an opposing view.

Bottle posted honestly, from the heart. He stuck up for what he believed in. He did it without the use of petty abuse or silly name calling or monotonous overuse of emotions. He wasn't trying to stop anyone having opposing viewpoint nor was he attempting to shut anyone out. It was just a straight forward post from a passionate rugby league supporter giving his point of view. An excellent post. I see that some folks don't like this.

Bucket

Bench
innsaneik--- my response as a saints fan to all you haters is, don't hate us cause you ain't us, who cares about this topic, its completely irrelevant to anything important, we are the premiers, live with it......have some respect for the best team in the comp. as they show other clubs when they are the best...

SoftSydney

Juniors

Drible dribble dribble

So what does the Illawarra fan do? Does he also treasure the last 31 years? Does he view it from the saints perspective from the illawarra perspective? You guy are messed up, your living the dream LOL. One saints fan posted earlier 15 for saints plus 1 as St George illawarra plus 1 for Illawarra, which all adds up to 16 lol Still trying to work out who scored first Saints or Illawarra lol

Where does the Illawarra fan stand in this whole thing! West Tigers have acknowledged the truth, new club, new start but still proud of the past and walk forward with a new binging as a new club just like yours!

You guys wont let go of the past you wont acknowledge the Illawarra aspect.

gregstar

Referee
I know its his club, however you cant say one thing and then do another....its like me saying I never post about eggplant.
Ooops...too late...I just did.

So whats the difference with why Saints Illa fans care so much too?
Theres quite a few greggy topping the list in this thread.
To say its pleasurable, you ignore it etc etc...well those dont wash
I think if you really were OK with it, you really really ignored the ''didnt exist myth'' as bottle tryed to convince us....there'd be no reponses from saints Illa fans and thus there'd be no apparent ''obssession '' as you put it with your club and this topic
well you know that's not going to happen.

it won't happen because people are supporters of their own club.

one is still entitled to say "i don't give a rats" about a topic.

if posters were crapping on about whether the tigers have 16 or whatever titles, and i posted "i don't give a rats" in that thread, would you believe i cared?

i'll tell you right now champion....whether you or anyone else believes saints have won 1, 15 or 16 titles......i don't care.

& if anyone thinks posting this indicates otherwise, enjoy the fantasy.

Bucket

Bench
The Illawarra fans will celebrate it as their first no doubt as you have clearly observed whereas the saints fans can rightly view it as their 16th. This being because St. George Illawarra is a joint venture, i.e. 2 clubs being represented in one outfit, and as such not a new club, whereas Wests Tigers (not Wests Balmain Tigers) are a merger and are thus a new club....Also when Wests and Balmain merged they both brought premierships to the table, whereas Illawarra did not so essentially it is a different situation and you cannot compare....

innsaneink

Referee
Im sure you dont Greggy...Im sure youre just commenting as I do...something willie cannot seem to grasp, either that or he really really really cares for me.

We all have our own opinions on this, I merely pointed out that you cannot ignore something and comment on it...its impossible

Plenty are ignoring this Im sure...like trees falling over in the forest, it happens

juanfarkall

Coach
just as I think to myself, that maybe it doesn't get any better than this, a hater posts and it gets better

Premiership wins and haters....The Gifts that keep on giving.

the illawarra fans will celebrate it as their first no doubt as you have clearly observed whereas the saints fans can rightly view it as their 16th. This being because st. George illawarra is a joint venture, i.e. 2 clubs being represented in one outfit, and as such not a new club, whereas wests tigers (not wests balmain tigers) are a merger and are thus a new club

wests tigers rugby league football pty ltd is a company, limited by shares, established under a joint venture agreement between the balmain tigers drlfc, western suburbs drlfc and western suburbs leagues clubs at ashfield and campbelltown.
The constitution of the company provides for a shareholders’ agreement between the two parties, with 50% equity entitlements held by balmain and 50% by the wests group.

fail

Latest posts