What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

Ulysseus

Bench
I imagine some of the forums "less gifted" posters would have died in some kind of sick polar bear rape accident by 2012, let alone another 10 years, 1000 years seems a long way to go.

For myself yes, but Muzby sadly the decent thing to do by everyone else is stick around.

And Dr Death 2 different teams cant add there premierships together son.

Bucket

Bench
I'm sure every supporter on here is so glad your fighting the good fight...:roll: u clown.....give it a rest the more you keep posting the bigger a goose u look like

Eion

First Grade
I refuse to vote as st merge are yet to win a premiership with all the best players and team involved.

Dragon Dave

Bench
This is brilliant!

So much pain, obsession and denial by so many people.

This premiership is the gift that keeps on giving!

SoftSydney

Juniors
I am not trying to reverse it and I applaud you on your maiden premiership win.

Its you trying to claim 3 that is the debate.

I guess its a tough one for them, its hard when your team merges to combine and form a new club. Its funny how west tigers fans accepted it, I have never heard a WT fan claim 16 GF's, it would be interesting to hear an ex steelers point of view. I understand how and why an ex saints fan bitterly holds on but it is strange to hear how they explain the steelers part. 15 for the saints and 1 as St George Illawarra and the steelers now have 1.

I am also waiting to hear a saints fans view if they also believe WT have 16 GF's and why?

Bucket

Bench
in my opinion WT do not have 16 as it is a different situation, wests had won some as had balmain, so you can't simply add the 2 teams together when they merge, but technically speaking yes as a team which represents 2 clubs their tally is 16......on the other hand illawarra steelers hadn't won a premiership prior to the merger so it is a lot more logical argument to say that st. george illawarra's maiden premiership is also st. george's 16th and illawarra's first, this being because a team representing st. george had won 15 premierships prior to 99 and a team representing st. george has one 1 since 99 and seeing as 15 + 1 = 16...it is technically correct to say that a team representing st. george has won 16 premierships.....on the matter of illawarra steelers having 1 premiership, that is incorrect, the illawarra region has 1 premiership but obviously not as the steelers.....The whole idea of 3 clubs winning is bullsh*t, 2 regions represented in 1 club won the premiership.....live with it, it is a fact... no matter how many people on a popularity of a particular opinion poll seem to think otherwise...

SoftSydney

Juniors
lololol

The poll says it all really

1 GF - 77.92%

Suck on it merge twigs

Looks like they are almost all saints fans that voted 16, anyhow I guess you cant blame them mate a merger is a mutha fcker, how soou did it go with Manly and Norths alot of Manly fans walked away at the time.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The poll says it all really

it does...

it really, really does...

chartdh.png

Didgi

If Raiders_Premiers and a few others put as much effort into supporting their team and the league as they do into hating St. George Illawarra Dragons, the comp would be thriving.

Premierships are about the fans, not the records ffs. Dragons fans, you've celebrated 16 premierships. Who cares whether it says 15, 1, or 15+1 in the history books.

Last edited: