What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

hardbaby

Coach
I've been a dragons supporter since birth and the grand final win was just as sweet this year as it was in the 70s. I support the dragons. St George or St George Illawarra doesn't matter to me. It's the white jumper with the big red V that I support. Nit picking over how many premierships we have won is totally irrelevant to me. Nothing has changed. It's another win for my team.

SoftSydney

Juniors
The problem here is some are talking feelings some are talking facts, thats why we are chasing our tails.

You can feel anything you like, you can feel you won 100 premierships but the facts are 1.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The facts are that your silly poll is beginning to backfire.

I can hear the 'OMG' from here.

SoftSydney

Juniors
The facts are that your silly poll is beginning to backfire.

I can hear the 'OMG' from here.

You must be hearing voices or are they your "feelings"

You stick to feelings and I will stick to facts

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Premiership Titles Won
(as at end of 2010)

20 - South Sydney
15 - St George
12 - Sydney Roosters
11 - Balmain
8 - Canterbury
7 - Manly
6 - Brisbane (incl. 1997 SL)
4 - Wests & Parramatta
3 - Newtown, Canberra & Melbourne*
2 - North Sydney, Newcastle & Penrith
1 - Wests Tigers, St George-Illawarra*
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* NRL subsequently stripped Melbourne of two of its three premiership titles (2007 and 2009)
* NRL recognises St George Illawarra (est 1999) and St George (1921-98) as different clubs.
[/FONT]

20knights10

Juniors
20knights10:

Well you have your view and I have mine.That's up to the individual. You can't tell people how to think. That's a fact you'll have to deal with.
Regardless of how you think I'm portraying this, I'm not telling people how to think, just how I judge their thinking. I know you're celebrating 16 wins for your team and you have every right to do so... You may feel that you've supported the same team your entire life, but in reality it's not so. If it was then Illawarra could claim to have won 16 premierships... and that makes no sense at all...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
20knights10 said:
I'm not telling people how to think, just how I judge their thinking.
Good for you. Very judgmental and all that. You obviously care deeply about the subject matter - now. Not sure why, I doubt you were as keen about the subject prior to October 3rd, 2010.

20knights10 said:
You may feel that you've supported the same team your entire life, but in reality it's not so.
Young man - and I mean that as a compliment - the team is different to the club.

20knights10

Juniors
Good for you. Very judgmental and all that. You obviously care deeply about the subject matter - now. Not sure why, I doubt you were as keen about the subject prior to October 3rd, 2010.

Young man - and I mean that as a compliment - the team is different to the club.
Are you going to pretend that you're not the judgemental type willow?

I don't care how you feel about this premiership count at all.. I'm amazed that this and other threads got as much attention as they did, especially the ones occuring on the weekend of the grand final.. but since they're still going why not have a piece of it..?? No matter how long these threads go for St. George Illawarra has won one premiership and those fans that supported one half of the team back in '79 can celebrate the breaking of a 31 year drought.... what I don't get is why someone as intelligent as you keeps at it in this type of thread.. you know what the record books will show and you know why.....

This Year?

Immortal
But......why

95872aa2-09d0-4d4c-bf08-cd1349a0815e.jpg

juanfarkall

Coach
Contradiction.

When a poster says "I'm not telling people how to think" and "I dont care how you feel about this premiership count at all" but makes several posts which suggest otherwise.

either a contradiction or a mistruth....

Take your pick.

16 premierships for the team which wears the Red V.

No, you move on. lol.

We won the premiership and we'll celebrate anyway we like. Is that too hard to understand?

I know it upsets the death riders, but it's really quite easy lads. Just allow people to have their viewpoints, and they'll allow you to have yours.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm so basically fact or reality doesnt come into anything.

I DECLARE MYSELF KING OF THE WORLD! BOW DOWN BEFORE ME.

Reason I can do that is because I can do anything I like regardless of fact and reality.

taxidriver

Coach

I DECLARE MYSELF KING OF THE WORLD! BOW DOWN BEFORE ME.

Reason I can do that is because I can do anything I like regardless of fact and reality.

like pretending about what your real intentions in this thread are?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Talking of reality...

You claimed that in the November RLW Gasnier stated "I am proud to be part of a maiden premiership."

I read the November RLW yesterday. Page 64. Article written by Matt Logue.

Where is this Gasnier quote?

It doesn't exist. You've been sprung.

What's worse, you misled others here into thinking they were Gasnier's words. You lied.

Why did you feel the need to fabricate quotes and deceive people?

FTR, this is the third time you have been asked about this. You seemed pretty cocky when you first told the lie. Why the silence now?

He did Willow. Thats reality unlike your claims that.

You can add 2 different teams premierships and have them equal 16.

Unlike your claim that this years grandfinal was won by 3 clubs.

I cant believe your still trying to argue you it and I would have gave up ages ago trying to convince of reality.........

Instead I have to stay because its the decent and right thing to do.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He did Willow.
Do you think by repeating the lie that people will believe you?

Where in the November RLW does Gasnier state "I am proud to be part of a maiden premiership"?

The quote doesn't exist.

It's your claim. The onus of proof is on you baroness.

This must be pretty embarrassing for you.

CMUX

Shame really.

If Willow was the King of Ironing I might be able to get leave passes from Mrs Juan more easily.

15 + 1 = 16.

Correct.

15 represents the number of premierships the now defunct St George Dragons won.

1 represents the only premiership St George Illawarra has won.

Latest posts