What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

11Straight

Juniors
Exactly. St George Dragons do not exist in the NRL anymore. Same with the Illawarra Steelers. Move on.
Yep and merkinerbury is the family club.:roll:

I used to think your players were a bunch of Coffs Harbour rapists but guess what i "MOVED ON".

Twat

Moffo

Referee
Sorry, you'll have to elaborate. I normally stop taking notice when someone issues an ultimatum. Is that what you mean? Rather than worry about it I tend to forget it and move on.

Who's picking on you Moff?

But to answer, I only know of one way that you can remove yourself - you simply stop logging in. Hope that answers the query.

drama queen much? this discussion that you are losing is obviously getting to you

perhaps time to take your own advice and stop logging on for a while

good luck with it

cheers,
moffo

to_ddeath

Coach
give it up willow, the majority of people on here disagree with you. time to accept facts and move on

good luck with that

It's not exactly a clear majority judging by the votes on here Muffo.......
Good luck with that big financial news btw.......Waiting with baited breath.

T.

SoftSydney

Juniors

T.

Mate we or the poll will decide nothing! the NRL has made the official decision which is 1.
I posted the poll out of interest to see what NRL fans thoughts were on the subject particularly non STGI fans and WT fans.

Apey

Staff member

not that this thread's poll is any decent indication, but it's pretty obvious more Dragons' fans have found the thread :lol:

20knights10

Juniors

T.
It's not exactly relevant either. St.George Illawarra have won exactly one premiership. If you have trouble understanding this then please explain to me how St.George Illawarra won the 1979 premiership.....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
drama queen much?
Huh? You were complaining about people picking on you.

Sounds like you want someone to shield you Moffo. Perhaps you're used to being pampered, I don't know. But sorry, I can't do that.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's not exactly relevant either. St.George Illawarra have won exactly one premiership. If you have trouble understanding this then please explain to me how St.George Illawarra won the 1979 premiership.....
St George won in 1979. I was there last October watching St George (of the JV) win in 2010. It certainly felt like we had finally won after 31 years, and the NRL promotion on the day respected that.

We don't have to convince you, I get that. But why are you trying to convince us?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
barons gone missing.
For those who missed it...

Even Gasnier concedes 2010 is the first premiership for St George - Illawarra.
Where?

Baroness posted a falsehood re the RLW article. There is no quote from Gasnier that backs up the claim.

If I was you, I'd be mighty pissed off with the baroness right now. It just led you down the garden path.
Dragons fans I notice are curiously absent when I mention their season preview in RLW November edition......
Priceless. You have been curiously avoiding the truth regarding the RLW November edition.

Baron Vo bullsh*tter,

I have the November RLW in front of me. Page 64. Article written by Matt Logue.

You claimed that Gasnier stated "I am proud to be part of a maiden premiership."

Where?

It doesn't. You almost got away with posting an unsourced claimed.

You've been sprung.

Nice try, but it confirms again that you can't be taken on your word.

Are you really this desperate? I mean, telling lies, posting false quotes. Or were you just too stupid?

Not much of a choice:

1. Desperate lying sack of sh*t.
2. Too stupid for words.

Which are you?

20knights10

Juniors
St George won in 1979. I was there last October watching St George (of the JV) win in 2010. It certainly felt like we had finally won after 31 years, and the NRL promotion on the day respected that.

We don't have to convince you, I get that. But why are you trying to convince us?
I'm not trying to convince you of anything... I'm just stating facts... St. George Illawarra did not win the 1979 grand final... or any before it... as I said before you can celebrate your team winning as many premierships as you see fit, but the team that won in October 2010 is not the same team that won in 1979.... both may be the team you support but they're still not the same.... if they were then you could say that Illawarra won in 1979.. how stupid does that sound..??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Of course it's not the same 'team'. But the club that won in 1979 is still represented in 2010.

The ground announcer on grand final day kept saying the Dragons have broken a 31 year drought, evoking the history of St George. A proud history that has been embraced by the Illawarra.

20knights10

Juniors
Of course it's not the same 'team'. But the club that won in 1979 is still represented in 2010.

The ground announcer on grand final day kept saying the Dragons have broken a 31 year drought, evoking the history of St George. A proud history that has been embraced by the Illawarra.
The club that won in 1979 is now part of a new club, not the same club, regardless of what the ground announcer feels. I'm not saying that you shouldn't feel that the 31 year drought was broken for your team... for you it was... but Illawarra supporters can't make the same claim regardless of how much they've embraced the new entity.. but they have as much claim to the 2010 premiership... it doesn't make sense for a team to say that half of it has won 16 grand finals and the other half has won 1... when it's one team now,,,,,,

Last edited:

SoftSydney

Juniors
The club that won in 1979 is now part of a new club, not the same club, regardless of what the ground announcer feels. I'm not saying that you shouldn't feel that the 31 year drought was broken for your team... for you it was... but Illawarra supporters can't make the same claim regardless of how much they've embraced the new entity.. but they have as much claim to the 2010 premiership... it doesn't make sense for a team to say that half of it has won 16 grand finals and the other half has won 1... when it's one team now,,,,,,

Correct
This is from RL1908

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Premiership Titles Won
(as at end of 2010)

20 - South Sydney
15 - St George
12 - Sydney Roosters
11 - Balmain
8 - Canterbury
7 - Manly
6 - Brisbane (incl. 1997 SL)
4 - Wests & Parramatta
3 - Newtown, Canberra & Melbourne*
2 - North Sydney, Newcastle & Penrith
1 - Wests Tigers, St George-Illawarra*
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* NRL subsequently stripped Melbourne of two of its three premiership titles (2007 and 2009)
* NRL recognises St George Illawarra (est 1999) and St George (1921-98) as different clubs.
[/FONT]

Willow

Assistant Moderator
20knights10:

Well you have your view and I have mine.
20knights10 said:
Illawarra supporters can't make the same claim
That's up to the individual. You can't tell people how to think. That's a fact you'll have to deal with.

Last edited:

Latest posts