What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty pennies v the tigpies

mxlegend99

Referee
Your game this week reminds me very much of 2016 when the Sharks played you guys and we had 5 players out due to SOO.
Bad memory for you, but this game will show how well your players buy into your systems, and with a win will go a long way into the confidence stakes for the rest of the season.
It’s actually quite an important game for you.
I predict you will win it comfortably.
Win or lose i dont think it's that important confidence wise. Be more of a confidence boost for NSW Cup guys than first grade. They've not lost yet and are already full of confidence. NSW result will have more effect on our confidence IMO. We lose that and our key guys will take the confidence hit.

This would be the least crushing game to lose confidence wise. Missing half a squad you wouldnt expect to be at your best so it's a good way to reset win streak without humiliating ourselves. Everyone is waiting for a loss to call them chokers, shit etc.

And the Gods of Rugby League declareth that smug had gotten out of control and brainwashed Freddie to select many Panthers into NSW.

To make things right at state level.

And accordingly, to deliver unto our game Justice in the form of Tigers 50plus

And By way of finger at Ivan!

Indeedeth I did declare this morning that it is Lyin Ivan who should be coaching NSW despite his bad humour and evil ways.

But the lesson is @Jim Rockford buddy, is that we will witnesseth the end of smug and everything it stands for.

To bring humility, self sacrifice, character and a sense of compassion and human dignity back to the Panthers.

Something missing since they stole our coach.

I forgive them, but they are in need of a lesson.

Get down on your knees Smuglets, beg forgiveness for your sins against the mighty Tigers.

The day of reckoning is nigh!

The_Frog

First Grade
Your game this week reminds me very much of 2016 when the Sharks played you guys and we had 5 players out due to SOO.
Bad memory for you, but this game will show how well your players buy into your systems, and with a win will go a long way into the confidence stakes for the rest of the season.
It’s actually quite an important game for you.
I predict you will win it comfortably.
If you look at the team lists that day it's hardly surprising the Sharks won convincingly. They were not the only side on that paddock to have players out. (Zak Hardaker at fullback ffs, also Will Smith, Latu, Grevsmuhl, Bryce in the halves, the list goes on). They were also chasing their 13th win in a row, they were used to winning every week.

MugaB

Coach
But the lesson is @Jim Rockford buddy, is that we will witnesseth the end of smug and everything it stands for.

To bring humility, self sacrifice, character and a sense of compassion and human dignity back to the Panthers.

Something missing since they stole our coach.

I forgive them, but they are in need of a lesson.

Get down on your knees Smuglets, beg forgiveness for your sins against the mighty Tigers.

The day of reckoning is nigh!
You betta wear gold on friday, or it will be your funeral, if we have to wear pink at leichardt

franklin2323

Immortal
If you look at the team lists that day it's hardly surprising the Sharks won convincingly. They were not the only side on that paddock to have players out. (Zak Hardaker at fullback ffs, also Will Smith, Latu, Grevsmuhl, Bryce in the halves, the list goes on). They were also chasing their 13th win in a row, they were used to winning every week.

Yeah I think we had more guys out then them.

Probably should have ivan in the nsw soo camp to make sure Freddy doesn’t give the players bad habits or try to recruit them.

Smug is finely tuned and it has takes years of practice and nrl engineering to make manifest.

Freddy and his lama nonsense could infect the footy consciousness and give them strange beliefs.

I don’t like it, smug should be free under Ivan and no other. Free range smug, grazing from Kingswood to Emu Plains. None of this eastern suburbs poncester shiz.

Freddy sold out on the Penrith Panthers a long time ago. Here he is now grovelling. The worm has turned.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers $1.42 Tiges $3.50. Weight of money on the Panthers here suggest that the Tigers, going by their current form, wont have it in them to get over a Panthers side that is wholly playing well as a tight squad, and have been preparing for this scenario for quite a while.

We win this, and we will truly know how we will fare through the rest of SOO.

If I was Ivan, I’d order the Panther players to hang out together in camp and not speak to anyone else unless they have to.

They must at least room together at all costs. Perhaps a picture of Ivan and his finger at their bedside tables.

Ivan may have suspect character, but he’s the best coach in the nrl at the moment and he should be blues coach.

Smug is an art and a science. The best team in the history of the game and Its not to be messed with.

Freddie and Gus abandoned the Panthers when you were coming good. No forgiveness.

I’m surprised Ivan released them to play. Soo is not as good as used to be. Its a hobby, not a vocation.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
If I was Ivan, I’d order the Panther players to hang out together in camp and not speak to anyone else unless they have to.

They must at least room together at all costs. Perhaps a picture of Ivan and his finger at their bedside tables.

Ivan may have suspect character, but he’s the best coach in the nrl at the moment and he should be blues coach.

Smug is an art and a science. The best team in the history of the game and Its not to be messed with.

Freddie and Gus abandoned the Panthers when you were coming good. No forgiveness.

I’m surprised Ivan released them to play. Soo is not as good as used to be. Its a hobby, not a vocation.

What the f**k does any of this mean?

What the f**k does any of this mean?

It means that having too many Panthers in soo might disrupt your winning ways.

It means Freddy and non-smug soo could be a bad influence on the Panther players.

When a side is going as well as you are, you have to be careful. This is a historic side. All the cards played with retention and recruitment have been well played.

Its an unwanted disruption to the smug life and its important your players stay cool and calm with Freddie and his misfit blues. Not get carried away with the grog and lairism. Gamble too much, rake and grog monsterism. They must not lose focus.

Its a subtle salute to Ivan, even if I don’t like him. Due is due, real knows real, that kind of thing.

Its a big relief that Kiks is staying at home.

Last edited:

Zampaa

Juniors
1. Critta
2. Staines
3. Momirovski
4. Tago
5. Jennings
6. May
7. Burton
8. Leniu
9. Kenny
10. Fish
11. Kikau
12. Sorensen
13. Hopgood
14. Taylan May
15. Tsikrikas
16. Eisenhuth
17. Smith

Assuming Edwards is still out, this is what I'd like.

GongPanther

Referee
I think he's saying that the Panthers are in danger of losing their winning culture by association. He thinks that they will settle into mediocrity and should insulate themselves from the squad. Personally, I think there's enough smug to go around. Let it become a state-wide phenomena.
Roll on the Smuggernaught.
New Smug Wales!!