What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Millennium Magic Saturday

deluded pom?

Coach
45,000 would far exceed any ESL supporter's wildest dreams in this country realistically. I don't expect that many people. 30,000 would be my expectation.

bartman

Immortal
I know people heading down who plan to buy tickets at the gate. In the first year of this initiative, it doesn't have to be a sellout to be a success. I think 30-40,000 each day will be a good result, with hopefully a sizeable crowd for Celtic Crusaders at Bridgend on the Friday night.

My tickets arrived in the mail today - pity the poor fans who smoke and may not have realised Wales started their public spaces cigarette ban earlier than England's proposed July 1... :D

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
45,000 would be phenomenal. I'll be keepig my fingers crossed that the weekend accomplishes everything the RFL hopes it would.

At 10 pound a ticket for concessions for both days, there should be a big crowd. It costs more for a single SL game doesn't it?

I wish I wasn't in the middle of a university semester. I would of seriously contemplated heading over.

bartman

Immortal
JasonE said:
Have a great weekend, i'd love to be there for all 7 games.
Just been looking at getting to Bridgend for Friday night's game - it's only a 20 minute train from Cardiff, so hopefully a lot of people who can make it down by Friday night will head across and give the Welsh club some boost from all this. They're hoping to break the record NL2 crowd of 3,224 held by York-Hunslet...

bartman

Immortal
S.S.T.I.D said:
At 10 pound a ticket for concessions for both days, there should be a big crowd. It costs more for a single SL game doesn't it?
Not too knowledgable on concession costs, but that price bracket would be about the same if not a quid or two cheaper than concession entry for some club grounds.

Mr. Fahrenheit said:
Ill be there in 2009 :D, how far is Cardiff from say London anyway?
Just over two hours by train. It's four-five hours train from the north - enough time for a decent snooze.

RLIF

Juniors
Meanwhile the RFL have confirmed that the roof of the Millennium Stadium will be closed at all times during the two day event which is on track to attract 50,000 supporters over the course of the weekend.

RLIF

Juniors
Tickets continue to sell well for the six-match showpiece in the Welsh capital, with the RFL’s ticket office reporting a huge surge in demand this week.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
bartman said:
Not too knowledgable on concession costs, but that price bracket would be about the same if not a quid or two cheaper than concession entry for some club grounds.

Just over two hours by train. It's four-five hours train from the north - enough time for a decent snooze.

thats not too bad at all kinda like from the blue mountains to sydney...

Evil Homer

Staff member
Great atmosphere outside the stadium today. It's hard to go anywhere in Cardiff without seeing RL people. Superb event so far.

langpark

First Grade
Seems like it was a great day of footy, with the highest winning margin being 14 points, and the other games only 4 points separated them. Great to see Hull KR still kicking, that's a huge result for them.

Latest posts