What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Millennium Magic Saturday

SteveM

Juniors
I have 70,000 spare tickets. Any one want one ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It just shows how little interest there is in RL in Wales. I can't believe people who go about the Crusaders being in SL.

bartman

Immortal
Safe journey Copa.

I'll be there as well. Not often you get to see three matches from the one seat. And a chance to take a week off and see some of South Wales.

No real idea of what a "good" crowd figure would be, as long as they cover costs then I guess the exercise is worth it. And I seem to recall that the Wales Tourism Board were chipping in a hefty amount of cash to make it happen?

Agree despite all their effort Crusaders may be a few more years off Super League, but with the Franchising who knows what will happen... I think there's still a few current clubs who wouldn't meet stadium criteria (ST Helens, Wakey, KR), and have no firm plans locked in?

Sam_the_man

First Grade
SteveM said:
I have 70,000 spare tickets. Any one want one ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It just shows how little interest there is in RL in Wales. I can't believe people who go about the Crusaders being in SL.

one ticket for every bloke that could be your father.

nadera78

Juniors
The Welsh Tourist Board and Cradiff City Council have stumped up around £500,000 for the costs of this whole exercise. They have done it because they know that having thousands of englishmen in the town over the weekend will bring in benefits for the local economy in terms of hotels, bars and restaurants.

The RFL and the clubs should make a bit of wedge out of this, not millions but enough to compensate for losing a home game, plus it also means a weekend is free for the GB/France game later in the year.

I'm guessing at about 30,000 each day, with some people being there all weekend and others just for one day of the two.

jed

First Grade
My missus and her friend are going for the weekend. As well as tickets, they will be staying 3 or 4 nights in a hotel, have a day of shopping planned, will probably head out for a night on the town on Friday, Saturday and Sunday - all up they're going to each spend a couple of hundred pounds. I know of a lot of others who are only going for 2 nights for the games, but they'll still spend a packet.

It's good to see the WTB and CCC seeing the broad overview with this. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan for them.

brendothejet

First Grade
god steve you dont even try.

talk about another paranoid union supporter.

HOw does it feel knowing the only European Rugby team to play in england next year will be LEs Catalan ???

douche.

deluded pom?

Coach
jed said:
My missus and her friend are going for the weekend. As well as tickets, they will be staying 3 or 4 nights in a hotel, have a day of shopping planned, will probably head out for a night on the town on Friday, Saturday and Sunday - all up they're going to each spend a couple of hundred pounds. I know of a lot of others who are only going for 2 nights for the games, but they'll still spend a packet.

It's good to see the WTB and CCC seeing the broad overview with this. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan for them.

How come you won't be joining her Jed?

SteveM

Juniors
HOw does it feel knowing the only European Rugby team to play in england next year will be LEs Catalan ???

There are loads of European Teams playing in the UK next season. But what does that have to do with the rest of the thread ?.:roll:

jed

First Grade
deluded pom? said:
How come you won't be joining her Jed?
Used all my annual leave heading over to the UK for 2 months last year, am stuck in the land downunder for the rest of this season *cries*

RLIF

Juniors
More than 20,000 tickets have already been sold for the exciting engage Super League Millennium Magic weekend at the Millennium Stadium this May Bank Holiday.

In the 29 of march..