What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini>>>>>>>>>>>Dugan

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mini was very solid and did what he was asked. He has lost a yard or two but was safe as a bank at the back. Injury permitting the side should be unchanged for game III.

Doomednow

Bench
Mini won't stay fullback, as much as I am a fan of his performance and of him overall as a player. He was put in the team as a place holder, someone who could fill in without being spectacular so that Stuart could drop Dugan back in with no arguments once he was fit. He may have put in a solid performance tonight, but Stuart has had his mind made up since he got the NSW coaching gig.

I think I'd rather Mini, to be honest.

skeepe

Immortal
The set before NSW scored, Minichiello handled the ball on three plays and on each occasion he got in the way and slowed everything down and probably cost them a try, when Dugan or Hayne probably would have set one up in the same situation. Luckily for them Queensland dropped the ball and he redeemed himself with his good support play, but I still think NSW would be better overall with Dugan or Hayne at the back.

Danish

Referee
Mini has to be the number 1 in QLD. Only change Gould be Jennings for Hoppa if he is injured, and ANYONE for Gasnier.

Dugan and Hayne can battle it out in 2012

Definitely wasn't the case in game 1, which we could have won.

:lol: Pearce was the best blues player in game 1 if he had another half to take the pressure off him maybe we would have won. Here's a stat for you:

Pearce - 2 try assists
Sowie - 1 try assist (when NSW had the game won)

He did a good job, deserves to keep his spot for Game 3.

Unfortunately Loudstrat isn't able to put away the f**kwittery like most of do when supporting the same team

Mini has to be the number 1 in QLD. Only change Gould be Jennings for Hoppa if he is injured, and ANYONE for Gasnier.

Dugan and Hayne can battle it out in 2012

I dont think jennings will be fit.

He's looking at 4 more weeks on the sidelines.

Merrin can go for sure , he's not origin standard yet.

Luke lewis should be starting aswell.

SupermanV2

Juniors
At first I thought it was a joke, Mini getting picked over Snake but knowing his recent injury history I understood why he wasn't picked. I was honestly really happy with Mini's game tonight and hope he stays for game 3. We don't need a game winning fullback, we need a game saving fullback, and that's exactly what Mini provided tonight. Safe at the back so we can be strong through the middle and quick on the edges.

Loudstrat

Coach
Gotta laught at the Raiders sooks - Skeepe aside. Yes, how dare I compare Mini and Dugan - bother being NSW players - such disloyalty.

Lets not mention 2 weeks of "Dugan has a blue jumper - hayne hasn't" "Dugan is selected, Hayne isn't" "Dugan is incumbent" rubbish ad nauseum from some of the Canberra respondents here.

Suck it up princesses! :lol::lol:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Gotta laught at the Raiders sooks - Skeepe aside. Yes, how dare I compare Mini and Dugan - bother being NSW players - such disloyalty.

Lets not mention 2 weeks of "Dugan has a blue jumper - hayne hasn't" "Dugan is selected, Hayne isn't" "Dugan is incumbent" rubbish ad nauseum from some of the Canberra respondents here.

Suck it up princesses! :lol::lol:

One of the easiest catches on this forum. You bite so hard too.

One only look at your ramblings in the Dugan>>>>>>Hayne thread.

:cool:

Hindyscrack

Bench
well he was no where to be seen on the first try

but then again, defending in behind the markers is not his job. That being said a pack of fools pretty much blamed dugan for tries that were not his responsibility

Dugan was defending in at the one position in game one for some unknown reason which is what lead to the try.

Hindyscrack

Bench
I'd probably retain the same back 5, going to be a tough call on the Dugan v Mini fullback debate.

I'd take a fit mini over and underdone Dugan, depends how much game time he can get between now and game three

mini was safe at the back and confident like a vet, but lacked speed in attack and was really stopped in his tracks everytime he hit the line. Those inside balls from pearcey in the first half would have been better used on a faster player.

Much safer option than dugan that's for sure

caylo

Bench
mini was safe at the back and confident like a vet, but lacked speed in attack and was really stopped in his tracks everytime he hit the line. Those inside balls from pearcey in the first half would have been better used on a faster player.

Much safer option than dugan that's for sure

Maybe much safer then the Dugan of 2011 who has been riddled with injury and bad form but Dugan at his peek v an aging Mini is no competition BUT i would retain Mini because he played superb. In defense of Dugan though in game one he was under much more pressure and the forward pack struggled.

NSW is blessed with 3 very good fullback going in 2012; Dugan, Stewart and Hayne and it would be nice if they could all fit into the one side some how but with Uate, Gordon, Jennings and Lawarence to come but I don't know if they can.

IMO Stewart is the best person for the NSW #1, Hayne could possibly come off the bench or in the centres and then there is Dugan. These 3 guys are probably 3 of the best players in NSW so it would be interesting if they could figure it out.