What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini>>>>>>>>>>>Dugan

Maybe much safer then the Dugan of 2011 who has been riddled with injury and bad form but Dugan at his peek v an aging Mini is no competition BUT i would retain Mini because he played superb. In defense of Dugan though in game one he was under much more pressure and the forward pack struggled.

NSW is blessed with 3 very good fullback going in 2012; Dugan, Stewart and Hayne and it would be nice if they could all fit into the one side some how but with Uate, Gordon, Jennings and Lawarence to come but I don't know if they can.

IMO Stewart is the best person for the NSW #1, Hayne could possibly come off the bench or in the centres and then there is Dugan. These 3 guys are probably 3 of the best players in NSW so it would be interesting if they could figure it out.

I agree with that assesment, but I think Dugan now needs to prove himself again.

Stewart, Hayne and Mini have all played at higher levels for longer than he has, he is still fairly new in the game. I wouldn't have picked Mini to start with as he would be a backup option only.

Stewart would be #1

Spanner in the works

First Grade
It would be incredibly stupid to drop our current fullback right before a decider. Especially a guy who is as experienced as Mini is. It would be a different matter if Dugan had played plenty of rep football and proved himself time in time out. But he hasn't. I feel much better having Mini at fullback coming in to game 3. Mini isn't a better player, but he is a much more experienced player who has done it all before. And experience is what counts in the big games.

RWB

Bench
Definitely wasn't the case in game 1, which we could have won.

No shit, we actually had go forward in game 2... Did you actually watch the games?

As for Mini it's a tough one, Dugan is no doubt the more potent player but you know what you're going to get from Mini.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
No shit, we actually had go forward in game 2... Did you actually watch the games?

As for Mini it's a tough one, Dugan is no doubt the more potent player but you know what you're going to get from Mini.

Mini is safe. That's all you want or need in a decider IMO. Dugan can break a game open, but he has the next 10-15 years to do that. Right at this current point in time, an experienced head is what is best for the side.

adamkungl

Immortal
Parra fans should grow up tbh....Dugan is a gun.
That said, keep Mini for game 3. Proved himself, has the match fitness and now the incumbency.

RWB

Bench
Mini is safe. That's all you want or need in a decider IMO. Dugan can break a game open, but he has the next 10-15 years to do that. Right at this current point in time, an experienced head is what is best for the side.

Mini is certainly capable of some errors though, although he was used well tonight by Sticky. Here's an interesting stat.

Game 1, Josh Dugan errors - 4

Game 2, NSW errors - 5

Origin is and always has been about limiting your weaknesses, with that in mind you'd have to say Mini has the upper hand although I personally wouldn't be upset with either.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Mini is certainly capable of some errors though, although he was used well tonight by Sticky. Here's an interesting stat.

Game 1, Josh Dugan errors - 4

Game 2, NSW errors - 5

Origin is and always has been about limiting your weaknesses, with that in mind you'd have to say Mini has the upper hand although I personally wouldn't be upset with either.

They are both capable of big errors. It's when he tries to do his fancy-but-never-works-stuff that we see errors. I also wouldn't be upset with either. Pretty big call either way.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Parra fans should grow up tbh....Dugan is a gun.
That said, keep Mini for game 3. Proved himself, has the match fitness and now the incumbency.

Agreed.

Can't argue with results and Mini killed it. Dugan is my favourite player but he will barely be fit for origin three imo. We need to f**king win a series.

To offset not being a crazed raider supporter TLL FOR MERRIN

caylo

Bench
Agreed.

Can't argue with results and Mini killed it. Dugan is my favourite player but he will barely be fit for origin three imo. We need to f**king win a series.

To offset not being a crazed raider supporter TLL FOR MERRIN

TBH banter aside almost all Eels and Raiders fans will tell you that Hayne and Dugan are two very good fullback. Both have plenty of time to make it at origin as does the likes of Stewart.

IMO if Dugan had played last night behind the same go forward he probably would have been just as good if not better. Mini was great but didn't have the same pressure on him as Dugan did in game 1.

Irrespective Mini should keep the #1 jumper for the third origin but come 2012 I think it will be game on for the fight of the fullback and who ever gets there will do very well.

I agress on the TLL but I personally would have him in the side of Creigh and move Lewis into the backrow. Creigh was outplayed by Bird, Scott, Lewis and Watmough and NSW need probably one more through the middle man. TLL is big but mobile and fits the style of play stuart would look for, the only other options would be Toleman IMO.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Parra fans, Please stop crying about Hayne yes he is a great player don't get me wrong I rate him as one of the best. But he is not the type of Fullback cut out for Origin. Period. There I said he has a individual play-style that does not work at this stage and at Parra he is an incredible player in an team with average-good players so he looks better. Dugan is a f**king gun at Canberra and he showed glimpses of brilliance in Game I this year in SOO with the amount of pressure QLD put on him knowing he was a fullback.

Mini showed glimpses of Brilliance with the way he ran the ball on the return and his play-the-ball last night but his speed was not there at least he tried. I can not fault him for covering him-self on the tackles he did just get over a massive back injury a few years ago and no doubt does not want to repeat. Mini is truly a inspiring story. Taken out of the game for years only to step-up in the Origin arena again first of all get a re-call and then the try that sealed the deal. He will be over the moon...and he truly deserved the shot. Good on ya Mini.

In the end though, for this series at least. Mini > Dugan for this simple fact it's a winning formula with Pearce and they both felt allot more comfortable.

Slackboy72

Coach
How many knock ons did Mini have? How many times was he caught out of position while Thurston fumbled around trying to grab a ball? How many times did he rip a ball out of a teammates hands?

As spectacular as he is, Dugan is not the fullback we need.

adamkungl

Immortal
Mini will keep his spot for game 3...but imo Dugan will be back next year and a better player for his experience in game 1. Can't blackmark a guy for one shaky game. Remember Hodges' debut?

Latest posts