What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein needs to go

bottle

Coach
Unfortunately he gave away 2 dumb penalties today, but I tend to agree he shouldn't be playing a full 80. He was indeed dreadful today, but then so was most of the team.

In fact I think it was three. Will always be the case given his high level of involvement and attempt to stem the go forward of the opposition.
On a hiding to nothing really. The Junior Paulo stampede run speaks volumes. He will get found out at times in those circumstances, but where was the tight front line support?
Dismal.

smi962

First Grade
Even though the second half just became funny (in a black humour type of way), I started to get worried when Sio crossed for their first try next to the corner post and six of our players all stood still with their heads down or pointing fingers at each other while he ran around behind them to place the ball down near the posts.

I think it was actually Rein who ran back to stop him from putting it under the post

TheRev

First Grade
The quality of our squad is 2nd tier compared to the cheating 3rd party payment squads, but we have enough talent to still give the 8 a shake.. we should have put on 30+ points today quite easily.. we would of earlier in the season, dont write them all off, they need to be polished and re-honed/motivated.

Hunt is the exception, but most of the rest of them are capable of much more, the squad is just playing ridiculously boring and low % football, all these flat/hospital passes and early kicks.. boring hit me ups.. same stuff since 2012 too.

Last edited:

GT0007

Juniors
To imply Rein is the issue is just plain ###king rediculous. It's not any one player! Not to mention Rein does more work than most of the other players on the field. I watched the Dragons briefly working on defense this week with a blow up gym ball and both players were on top of it, when have you seen 2 players on top and no body around the legs? We should be practicing the top player controlling the wrestle while the player around the legs gets to marker then we won't be giving 60-70 mtrs away every set.......hmmm I think that just may help???? WHY WHY WHY does the player around the legs linger? The tackled player is stopped and on the ground and its up to our player on top to control him long enough so we can have 2 freaking markers!

Then when we start our sets in better position we will be harder to defend and our kick wont be under so much presure and god forbid we may even get in an attacking one. Watch the Bulldogs game again and look at how they defend, they are the benchmark in that department and thats why they win the tight games

gypsy

Bench
Even though the second half just became funny (in a black humour type of way), I started to get worried when Sio crossed for their first try next to the corner post and six of our players all stood still with their heads down or pointing fingers at each other while he ran around behind them to place the ball down near the posts.

Actually they were all giving it to the touchie for the clear forward pass to Sio from Peats.

Godz Illa

Coach
To imply Rein is the issue is just plain ###king rediculous. It's not any one player! Not to mention Rein does more work than most of the other players on the field. I watched the Dragons briefly working on defense this week with a blow up gym ball and both players were on top of it, when have you seen 2 players on top and no body around the legs? We should be practicing the top player controlling the wrestle while the player around the legs gets to marker then we won't be giving 60-70 mtrs away every set.......hmmm I think that just may help???? WHY WHY WHY does the player around the legs linger? The tackled player is stopped and on the ground and its up to our player on top to control him long enough so we can have 2 freaking markers!

Then when we start our sets in better position we will be harder to defend and our kick wont be under so much presure and god forbid we may even get in an attacking one. Watch the Bulldogs game again and look at how they defend, they are the benchmark in that department and thats why they win the tight games

lol. Losing it.

Falco

Juniors
I think we need a change in this position too.

Someone who is going to take responsibility and MAKE the forwards do their F*$#^&@ job. RUN HARD AND STRAIGHT

To be honest, when Rein runs and takes on the defence, he looks good, but he needs to make the forward more accountable.

Time for a change.

Dice Price

Falco

Juniors
I thought it was the coaches job to coach the forwards not the dummy half.

So maybe the coach is not doing his job in coaching the forward to run. But he is not on the field running the play form dummy half.

I don't see the forwards willing to take the next run or at all being positive. I don't see fire in any of our players at the moment.

What I am saying is that the dummy half runner needs to encourage his team mates to make those runs and direct the play. Not just step in behind the mark and say "here you go"

Mate, if you want more of the same, then let's just keep doing what we have been doing. If you think watching that dribble we have been subjected to over the past weeks has been exciting, then you are mistaken.

If you want to enjoy watching footy again, then it's time to be daring.

There has to be casualties and not of fringe first graders!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
rein isn't the problem..

i don't know why the poor kid is targetted by so many people on here..

RedVDragon

Juniors
Falco well said sure the coach needs to motivate, the team, the dummy half directs the plays and makes sure the forwards are there to hit the line before the backs get involved. When you have a dummy half like Rein who passes balls at the head of his players then how can we even consider going forward.

Like I said enough is enough bring on Witt, Garvey, Stanley, Craig Young even Peter Doust would do a better job than Mitch Rein.

Dragonboyd

Juniors
We need to sack Price asap. I'm confident that under a new coach Mitch Rein will become an important member of the NSW Cup premiership tilt for the Cutters.

You could post anything, and seeing Louis C.K's head in your pic would make me laugh regardless.

jenninga

First Grade
rein isn't the problem..

i don't know why the poor kid is targetted by so many people on here..

He is targeted because he is no Cam Smith.Fair dinkum the bloke is hardly our worst player,if he misses a tackle or 2 he is targeted,but what about the 45 tackles he does make,or the 10 m runs from dummy half,or the tries he scores.
All this sh*t about Garvey,what has he done to deserve a call up,and poor old Cam King is on the sidelines AGAIN.
The only guy I would have kept as a hooking option is Damian Cook,but he was punted.

dwight12

Juniors
My only criticism is that he tries to do too much with the ball from dummy half. Our forwards (when they DO run onto the ball) nearly over run him everytime as a result of him either stepping to the opposite direction or throwing a dummy. More importantly, quite a few times on the last tackle he will try a scoot before making a pass, or try a little dummy which then puts pressure on the kicker as by the time he gets the ball the defence is right in his face. Sometimes less is more.

Latest posts